Author Topic: Has Tennis4You given up the fight?  (Read 5615 times)

Offline sid

• Tennis God
Re: Has Tennis4You given up the fight?
« Reply #100 on: July 14, 2013, 06:41:31 PM »
I think Hurc should be reinstated as mod on here.I don't forget all the work he's done for many from sig/pics & so on.If you move board pm the link before hand please Hurc.
cheers

LOL - that will NEVER happen. He's burned his bridges.

Well he's a dame sight better than you. ;-()

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #101 on: July 14, 2013, 08:50:54 PM »
I think Hurc should be reinstated as mod on here.I don't forget all the work he's done for many from sig/pics & so on.If you move board pm the link before hand please Hurc.
cheers

Herc is welcome here, but he abused the power given to him by deleting 30,000 posts.  I need to be very cautious to who I give that kind of responsibility to.  What he did to the forum is epic.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #102 on: July 14, 2013, 10:46:31 PM »
cheers

Herc is welcome here, but he abused the power given to him by deleting 30,000 posts.  I need to be very cautious to who I give that kind of responsibility to.  What he did to the forum is epic.
Seriously? :confused1:
You need to go find your marbles. ;-()
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #103 on: July 15, 2013, 10:32:38 AM »
cheers

I am not that kind of a person. had I known they were being deleted, I would not have clicked on it.

I don't have any hate for you or for your forum.

I know that every forum has back up system in place. certainly the host company has a way of recovering them.

the castle was being s**t on repeatedly and it continues to be s**t on. they were ridiculing all my efforts even after I was gone.

I simply thought I make the castle disappear for a while so people can realize its value.

there was no ill will on my mind. I was just angry.

you guys got me confused with somebody else. I was all about helping this place in any way I could. my actions should speak for that.

guys like me, javi, slasher, nekro, masterclass really were all out to help in anyway we could. that is why we showed up here.

we wanted to build lasting enduring stuff for tennis4you.

we did not fail.

Offline Slasher1985

• Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
« Reply #104 on: July 15, 2013, 10:54:56 AM »
guys like me, javi, slasher, nekro, masterclass really were all out to help in anyway we could. that is why we showed up here.

And I have not given up the fight, General, neither did John. This forum still has a lot to go. I was actually about to volunteer for the Global Mod position, a thing which I have never done before on any forum, and for which I am still unsure because I'm not among the users with most experience on this forum. I am admin on the Romanian tennis forum I mentioned, but I did that to help a friend run the site due to my programming skills. Amazingly, the site is doing well even with only 63 members, because Romanian tennis player Patrick Ciorcila is one of the members. Not my achievement to bring him there, but it's the small and happy community doing a fine job at talking tennis. :))

Scott will decide who is and if someone is perfect for this job.

I have tried everything to convince you to stay, CD. And even now, I'm asking you to remain and be strong, show these people that you're not gonna hold any grudges, show them the fighter you are, and don't back down. I even appreciate FFF, Monster and Babs, the people you say have a grudge against you. Well, show them that you hold no grudges back. A community that is not diverse, and in which people have no differences in opinion can never evolve, it's unhealthy to see people blindly agreeing. Someone will always be against you. Everyone has friends, everyone has enemies. :)

Castle has ended, but we should turn the page, move on, and see where the Village takes us. You need to trust, if you want to be trusted, and that is part of this problem, you have not trusted TPTB to act, because they didn't act as fast as you wanted.

And now, Scott, about that ice-cream pizza... :))

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #105 on: July 15, 2013, 12:21:03 PM »
I don't see why we cannot pick up from where we left off.  Lessons learned on all parts.  We still have a strong base.  I will look into recovery options which would give me better comfort dishing out deletion permissions.  I can back up the half gig database every week, it just takes time.  The hosting company had a back up of the forum 30 days old.  Figured we were just better off moving on.
Scott Baker

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #106 on: July 15, 2013, 03:06:16 PM »
cheers

I hope you fall on your marbles  ;-() you get the finger.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2013, 04:32:28 PM »
cheers

:hysterical:

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #108 on: July 15, 2013, 06:18:45 PM »
cheers

How much do you think Nole was paid to throw that final Ultimate Fangirl siddy?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 06:20:33 PM by monstertruck »
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #109 on: July 15, 2013, 06:26:36 PM »
herc, sometimes extreme situations call for extreme measures and you did just that. Alex did nothing but push your button harder and harder to the point where he left you with no other choice but to remove your threads and leave. The rampage went on for 5 days and the least Dallas could have done was to remove all of his highly offensive posts right away and could have given him a direct warning at the Castle in front of everyone. And had he still continued with the insults then she could have banned him temporarily until Scott's return. She was here the whole time and she had seen a lot of the insults. And I didn't even post at the Castle all that much and yet I knew it was very dear to you as you kept it running and you'd respected all the posters there, so it's a bit sad to see that some people don't realize that you wouldn't delete something that was so valuable to you just because you felt like it. As I see it, based on this individual incident, you are not to be blamed for deleting the threads. I am here for a long time too  and I know what's going  on here. I am not saying you did the right thing by deleting those threads but I can see why you did what you did.

Another  thing I noticed was that, there was a thread opened by Connor on this chat section after the banning and it was directed at Alex and I can't see that thread anymore. Someone had deleted that thread but left the two below for no reason. None of these threads were opened with the right intention and yet, there are still there while Alex's one is gone.

http://www.tennis4you.com/forum/index.php?topic=17789.0

http://www.tennis4you.com/forum/index.php?topic=17783.0

I am trying my best not to post on any forum, but this is really hard to stay away from because I feel things are not going to the right direction at all. Instead of putting blame on each other you can all rebuild. If not, then please move on. The best person out there doesn't hold grudges, s/he moves on. Anyway, that's all I wanted to say.
You are everything I am not.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #110 on: July 15, 2013, 06:55:19 PM »
herc, sometimes extreme situations call for extreme measures and you did just that. Alex did nothing but push your button harder and harder to the point where he left you with no other choice but to remove your threads and leave. The rampage went on for 5 days and the least Dallas could have done was to remove all of his highly offensive posts right away and could have given him a direct warning at the Castle in front of everyone. And had he still continued with the insults then she could have banned him temporarily until Scott's return. She was here the whole time and she had seen a lot of the insults. And I didn't even post at the Castle all that much and yet I knew it was very dear to you as you kept it running and you'd respected all the posters there, so it's a bit sad to see that some people don't realize that you wouldn't delete something that was so valuable to you just because you felt like it. As I see it, based on this individual incident, you are not to be blamed for deleting the threads. I am here for a long time too  and I know what's going  on here. I am not saying you did the right thing by deleting those threads but I can see why you did what you did.

Another  thing I noticed was that, there was a thread opened by Connor on this chat section after the banning and it was directed at Alex and I can't see that thread anymore. Someone had deleted that thread but left the two below for no reason. None of these threads were opened with the right intention and yet, there are still there while Alex's one is gone.

http://www.tennis4you.com/forum/index.php?topic=17789.0

http://www.tennis4you.com/forum/index.php?topic=17783.0

I am trying my best not to post on any forum, but this is really hard to stay away from because I feel things are not going to the right direction at all. Instead of putting blame on each other you can all rebuild. If not, then please move on. The best person out there doesn't hold grudges, s/he moves on. Anyway, that's all I wanted to say.

Posts deleted.  I did not see them, focused on the ones we have going, sorry.
Scott Baker

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #111 on: July 15, 2013, 07:11:08 PM »
BTW, I've got nothing against Dallas. I thought she kind of got lost as to what to do as it was Alex after all. I understand it. And I don't think she was given the full Mod right either.

And you don't have to apologize to me, Dallas. You didn't do anything wrong.

Alex was mean to me before and that's why I put him on ignore and left the forum for the 2nd time. I am a big girl and I can handle my problems but it would be nice to see Mods being a bit more pro-active at situations like this. People only tend to learn after something big blows up somewhere but the symptoms are always there for you all to notice.

For me, water under the bridge. I didn't stoop low Alex did so I am not utterly devastated. In all this madness, however, it was nice to see some support from Luggy, FFF, Siddy, Swishy, Connor (lol), Prod etc. Dallas and mimi were very nice too. And a few others whom I don't  know as well. Thanks guys.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #112 on: July 15, 2013, 07:14:10 PM »
I always knew you are 'big girl' and that you'll endure  :king:

Yep water under the bridge, lets move on and it's good to have you back  ;-()
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #113 on: July 15, 2013, 07:36:16 PM »
I always knew you are 'big girl' and that you'll endure  :king:

Yep water under the bridge, lets move on and it's good to have you back  ;-()

Amen
Scott Baker

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #114 on: July 15, 2013, 09:49:06 PM »
Oh look Emma coming to Clay Death's rescue!  :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #115 on: July 15, 2013, 11:49:14 PM »
BTW, I've got nothing against Dallas. I thought she kind of got lost as to what to do as it was Alex after all. I understand it. And I don't think she was given the full Mod right either.

Alex was mean to me before and that's why I put him on ignore and left the forum for the 2nd time. I am a big girl and I can handle my problems but it would be nice to see Mods being a bit more pro-active at situations like this. People only tend to learn after something big blows up somewhere but the symptoms are always there for you all to notice.

For me, water under the bridge. I didn't stoop low Alex did so I am not utterly devastated. In all this madness, however, it was nice to see some support from Luggy, FFF, Siddy, Swishy, Connor (lol), Prod etc. Dallas and mimi were very nice too. And a few others whom I don't  know as well. Thanks guys.

I am sorry, Emma, that I did not do more.  But I kind of getting lost like Dallas too, because the Alex i know never behaved like this, so the only reason I can think of, is that he is ill.  I know that even if he is ill, he should not insult you like that.  You are a person of big heart and forgiving, so I hope you can move on and forget about all these.

I wish you good luck and good health, all the best  :king:

BBM: The greatest romantic film of all times

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #116 on: July 16, 2013, 05:49:58 AM »

You're a better man than most of us. ;-()
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #117 on: July 16, 2013, 11:49:16 AM »
Oh look Emma coming to Clay Death's rescue!  :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

Sorry but my position on this has always been with herc and not with Alex. I am more focused on what caused this commotion rather than what was the aftermath. herc didn't insult me for a few days with racial slurs, Alex did. And as I see it, nothing was going to be done until herc decided to delete the threads. Scott himself admitted that he had to take note of things only after he was told that a few threads had been deleted. Does this mean he was never told about the racism that was taking place for two days (Thursday and Friday)? And knowing the history of this forum, I already knew nothing was going to be done as far as Alex was concerned, because let's face it, it was not the first time Alex had insulted me. I had a reason when I put him on ignore the last time. I shouldn't be PMing the Mods and complaining about it. They have their duties to mod this forum regardless.

And I wouldn't want to post on this forum anyway. As long as Alex is here, I am by all means out. herc has always respected me. Alex, on the other hand, has insulted me half the times on here. He's an on-line psycho who I find is now beyond help. I have no reason to remember his insults and carry it on for the rest of my life. And that's what I meant when I said water under the bridge. What Alex had done this past week speaks volume about his own self and not mine. And I have no reason to associate myself with him in any ways going forward. I'll take herc over Alex on any given day on any given life.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #118 on: July 16, 2013, 12:13:08 PM »
emma I will see you at tennis frontier.com.

it is the fastest growing forum on the planet with impeccable defenses.

racist bastard like alex or hate infested rats like babbs and monster would not last there more than an hour.

they are both lost if they cant call every other person they can get their hands on a "dumbass", "stupid", or an "idiot".

keep in mind that the racist monkey (alex) was on the main discussion page first with his endless barrage of attacks against you and me.

and never once did babbs or monster stepped in and asked him to stop the crap.

if people don't have the courage and the guts to do the right thing then that this what you get.

huntingyou said it best yesterday and we agree: nothing is going to change.

scot is too nice and too kind. the lunatics like freaky, swish, alex, babbs, and monster are taking advantage of him and been taking advantage of him.

and that is the bottom line.

huntingyou is one of the brightest posters out there and they even manage to insult him every chance they get.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #119 on: July 16, 2013, 12:31:02 PM »
I can't be here anyway as long as Alex is here. I am more than sure he won't leave it alone. He'll strike again when he sees an opportunity and nothing will be done once again. Am just too familiar with the pattern now. He can never be trusted again.

And this will be his suffering to not be able to interact with me ever again - be it the negative or the positive way.

I'll sign up sometime this week I promise. I have the link.