Author Topic: ~* Ye Olde Village *~ Volume 1 "A New Beginning"  (Read 64194 times)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
Re: ~* Ye Olde Village *~ Volume 1 "A New Beginning"
« Reply #2480 on: June 20, 2014, 08:05:15 PM »
Mimi must still be reading that email.  :rofl_2:

Trying to get here to post more but the hours we have are tough.

It's a big company and the union went on strike a month ago, the president went into the shop and started working. He did alright for a newbie.  :cool:

We have engineers, office people doing manual labor to get the job out. They should stay in the office IMO.  :rofl_2:

we hk people seldom strick because of work, boss is a lot bigger than the employees  :)~

Bosses have more money to eat more.  :))

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #2481 on: June 20, 2014, 08:06:30 PM »
Is Mimi working on Saturdays?

It's just after 2 AM at Wimbledon.

of course, poor mimi only has 1 sat off in every 1 month  :(

roger vs rafain the semi, but guess rafa will be out in the 1st round, and if not, 2nd round against Rosol  ..-)

BBM: The greatest romantic film of all times

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #2482 on: June 20, 2014, 08:07:32 PM »
guess i have to do a diabete test if my thirsty problem still does not improve after 1 week?  don't know why I always feel thirsty ever since Monday  :( ://

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #2483 on: June 20, 2014, 08:12:35 PM »
guess i have to do a diabete test if my thirsty problem still does not improve after 1 week?  don't know why I always feel thirsty ever since Monday  :( ://

There's a lot you can take naturally for high blood sugar. In your case it would be type II which is reversible most the time.

Losing weight is the first step.

Don't worry....... 

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #2484 on: June 20, 2014, 08:14:02 PM »
Is Mimi working on Saturdays?

It's just after 2 AM at Wimbledon.

of course, poor mimi only has 1 sat off in every 1 month  :(

roger vs rafain the semi, but guess rafa will be out in the 1st round, and if not, 2nd round against Rosol  ..-)

Better to be at work than not alive.

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #2485 on: June 20, 2014, 08:20:24 PM »

There's a lot you can take naturally for high blood sugar. In your case it would be type II which is reversible most the time.

Don't worry.......

what does reversible means?  You mean it is curable without medicines but natural stuff?  :confused1:

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #2486 on: June 20, 2014, 08:25:17 PM »

Don't worry.......

what does reversible means?  You mean it is curable without medicines but natural stuff?  :confused1:

Reversible means it goes away. Blood sugar will fall into the normal range again.

Not just natural stuff, change of diet and losing weight is the starting point.
Then there's tons of different things that help, pretty simple.

A google search will give lots of information as it's common.

Mimi, think about this stuff over the weekend. You'll feel much better when blood sugar is under control.

Talk later..   :)

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #2487 on: June 20, 2014, 08:34:46 PM »
i had the blood sugar checked 2 years ago and it was ok, not sure by now.  Guess I have to check it later.  Thanks for your advice, Dr Swish.  I am going to have a tea buffet with my old friends to celebrate one of them's birthday.  Have a nice weekend :grind dance:

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #2488 on: June 20, 2014, 11:21:59 PM »
Mimi, cut down the carbs (sugar, white flower, rice, potatoes, bread, everything). Eat lot's of fresh salads, lean meat, fish, lot's of fish. No fruit either. You will start losing weight and your blood sugar will be fine, but you have to be disciplined. Depending how much weight you need to lose this initial phase might take 2 weeks or a couple of months. Use some good quality olive oil and don't be afraid to add it to your salad. Get rid of any processed food. Cheese is good too. Feta, mozzarella, swish cheese, whatever you like but it has to be low carb. 

However, if you go to your old habits you'll gain everything back. You'll need to keep your carbs intake down. You can have pasta for a lunch (afther the diet), but during the evening hours, a peace of lean meat/fish and salad or some steamed/cooked vegetables. You can treat yourself once a week and eat whatever you want, again after the diet but that's it.

Trust me, I have friends and family members who did this and their blood sugar is perfectly fine now. They also lost weight and feel good.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 11:22:54 PM by Alex »

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #2489 on: June 22, 2014, 08:21:27 PM »
Mimi, cut down the carbs (sugar, white flower, rice, potatoes, bread, everything). Eat lot's of fresh salads, lean meat, fish, lot's of fish. No fruit either. You will start losing weight and your blood sugar will be fine, but you have to be disciplined. Depending how much weight you need to lose this initial phase might take 2 weeks or a couple of months. Use some good quality olive oil and don't be afraid to add it to your salad. Get rid of any processed food. Cheese is good too. Feta, mozzarella, swish cheese, whatever you like but it has to be low carb. 

However, if you go to your old habits you'll gain everything back. You'll need to keep your carbs intake down. You can have pasta for a lunch (afther the diet), but during the evening hours, a peace of lean meat/fish and salad or some steamed/cooked vegetables. You can treat yourself once a week and eat whatever you want, again after the diet but that's it.

Trust me, I have friends and family members who did this and their blood sugar is perfectly fine now. They also lost weight and feel good.

thanks for the great advice.  Anyway, i need to have the sugar level test first.  Thanks again  :king:

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #2490 on: June 23, 2014, 09:02:59 PM »
i have the blood sugar checked yesterday evening.  It was extremely high at 7.6, but then the nurse suggested that it was high coz i was not empty-stomached and told me to come back the next morning with my stomach emptied.  It drops down to 5.3 when I checked this morning and so it is normal.  So the reason for being so thirsty still has not been solved?  Gonna visit doctor later coz he was not there this morning and I was hurried to go back to office, it was the nurse who tested the blood sugar for me. Scared the s**t out of me, could only sleep for 3 hours yesterday   ://

guess i have better mood tonight to watch some wimby match, wish rafa at least win 1 match :grind dance:
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 01:34:54 AM by mimi »

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #2491 on: June 24, 2014, 03:33:39 AM »
Alex: i have not told you that i hate fish.   They have bad fishy smell, i can only stand fried fish but not steamed one  :innocent:

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #2492 on: June 24, 2014, 01:52:57 PM »
Mimi, if you don't like fish, eat chicken breast, beef or pork. I personally can't stand lamb but it's important that you eat enough proteins and lots of green veggies, fresh salads. Low carb diet will fix your sugar level and you will lose weight for sure. Some of my friends who had the same problem tried it and it worked, but you have to be disciplined. No sugar at all, no noodles, white flower etc. It was recommended to them by their doctors by they way.

Btw, Congarts to Rafa. He's won his 700th match today. Impressive.

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #2493 on: June 24, 2014, 09:10:12 PM »
Mimi, if you don't like fish, eat chicken breast, beef or pork. I personally can't stand lamb but it's important that you eat enough proteins and lots of green veggies, fresh salads. Low carb diet will fix your sugar level and you will lose weight for sure. Some of my friends who had the same problem tried it and it worked, but you have to be disciplined. No sugar at all, no noodles, white flower etc. It was recommended to them by their doctors by they way.

Btw, Congarts to Rafa. He's won his 700th match today. Impressive.

isn't beef and pork very fattening?  i cannot stand lamb too.  Veggies have no taste and are not filings  ://

i love noodles, help help help  :))

thanks but he was playing terribly, he was lucky that K? was tired aftre the 1st set  :rofl_2: .  Most probably, Rosol will kill him again in the 2nd round.  How is Nole playing? D y think he can win the whole thing?  :confused1:

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #2494 on: June 24, 2014, 10:09:17 PM »
Mimi, Mimi what am I going to do with you? Your body needs proteins and fat. I'm not asking you to eat the whole cow/pig. Have a piece of meat, size of your palm. Veggies are delicious, fresh or cooked as long as you know how to use right spices. I love salads and you can combine so many different things.

If you can't live without noodles try not to combine carbs like noodles with proteins and eat noodles early, but avoid them during the evening hours.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 10:10:21 PM by Alex »

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #2495 on: June 24, 2014, 10:16:23 PM »
Mimi, Mimi what am I going to do with you? Your body needs proteins and fat. I'm not asking you to eat the whole cow/pig. Have a piece of meat, size of your palm. Veggies are delicious, fresh or cooked as long as you know how to use right spices. I love salads and you can combine so many different things.

If you can't live without noodles try not to combine carbs like noodles with proteins and eat noodles early, but avoid them during the evening hours.

we Chinese people eat rice as our main food, but i only eat half a bowl at the evening  :king:

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #2496 on: June 25, 2014, 03:48:18 AM »
bored  :ZZZZZ) :Bleh: :insane: :cloud 9: :applause: :toot: :uh:

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #2497 on: June 25, 2014, 04:05:48 AM »
I'm missing all the matches.
They start and end while I'm at work.

I noticed Nadal lost a set but don't know how he's playing.

I'll try to see some replays when things heat up after another round.

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #2498 on: June 25, 2014, 04:08:32 AM »
I'm missing all the matches.
They start and end while I'm at work.

I noticed Nadal lost a set but don't know how he's playing.

I'll try to see some replays when things heat up after another round.

rafa was playing horribly, he just does not have enough power on his serves and ground strokes.  I guess Roger is playing great since he won easily  :king:

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #2499 on: June 25, 2014, 04:14:32 AM »
what is blood notes?  :confused1: