Author Topic: ~* Ye Olde Village *~ Volume 1 "A New Beginning"  (Read 45190 times)

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God
Re: ~* Ye Olde Village *~ Volume 1 "A New Beginning"
« Reply #140 on: July 15, 2013, 06:13:51 PM »
Entertaining read! 

My only observation, there were mods during Alex "meltdown" that even posted in the same threads with him......they could have stop him but didn't. Nothing new  :ZZZZZ)

Aside from that, this place is what it is and nothing will change it.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
~* Ye Olde Village *~ Volume 1 "A New Beginning"
« Reply #141 on: July 15, 2013, 06:29:47 PM »
Entertaining read! 

My only observation, there were mods during Alex "meltdown" that even posted in the same threads with him......they could have stop him but didn't. Nothing new  :ZZZZZ)

Again...I was trying to talk to Alex through personal messages. His post was not "normal" so I was trying to find out if it was something wrong with him first.

Look...all of this is just "too much"! And frankly, it isn't really worth it. Please ....someone.....anyone....Scott...will you appoint a competent Mod? Seriously, I won't be upset at all to relinquish those duties.  I will be happy to just be a "poster" here. And if the forum gets a Mod that the majority feel is competent, maybe the forum will grow. After all, I'm still going to put my husband, children,grand children, great grand children, and others above my duties as a Mod! Lol. We have others here that are "younger" and probably more "qualified" and "competent" than I am so I have no problem stepping down to just be one of the members instead of a Mod. So..Scott, the ball is in your corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God
« Reply #142 on: July 15, 2013, 06:35:57 PM »
Entertaining read! 

Again...I was trying to talk to Alex through personal messages. His post was not "normal" so I was trying to find out if it was something wrong with him first.

Look...all of this is just "too much"! And frankly, it isn't really worth it. Please ....someone.....anyone....Scott...will you appoint a competent Mod? Seriously, I won't be upset at all to relinquish those duties.  I will be happy to just be a "poster" here. And if the forum gets a Mod that the majority feel is competent, maybe the forum will grow. After all, I'm still going to put my husband, children,grand children, great grand children, and others above my duties as a Mod! Lol. We have others here that are "younger" and probably more "qualified" and "competent" than I am so I have no problem stepping down to just be one of the members instead of a Mod. So..Scott, the ball is in your corner.

I didn't said your name

anyhow.....it's just a forum and of course you have a real life to run; still it doesn't exclude you from being involve with your inaction in this case.

Do you have the power to delete posts? Ok then, if you had time to talk to alex; you also had time to delete his posts as well.

I really don't care, I have been a member since 2007 I think and I understand how people in charge operate in here. In TF for example, Alex's posts wouldn't have lasted more than a hour. Simple as that.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #143 on: July 15, 2013, 07:00:27 PM »
Entertaining read! 

We don't need a replacement mod, we just need another to help.  Even if you died today you would still be a mod for at least 5 years.  You are stuck with it.  Your check is in the mail...
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Online mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #144 on: July 15, 2013, 08:25:45 PM »
CD did spend a lot of time and put up a lot of work to keep this site growing and we should thank him for that.  But however, he needs to restrain his tandrums and be more patience.  If you can't control your temper, how can you be fit to "moderate" the posters?

I hope this new chat thread will be a success, thanks Orange for making this thread  :king:

BBM: The greatest romantic film of all times

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #145 on: July 15, 2013, 09:48:34 PM »
CD did spend a lot of time and put up a lot of work to keep this site growing and we should thank him for that.  But however, he needs to restrain his tandrums and be more patience.  If you can't control your temper, how can you be fit to "moderate" the posters?

I hope this new chat thread will be a success, thanks Orange for making this thread  :king:

That's really my point earlier. How can I take someone like that seriously, as an adult?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 10:32:22 PM by Tennis4you »
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #146 on: July 15, 2013, 09:49:03 PM »
Yeah, thanks Orange!!!  :))

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #147 on: July 15, 2013, 09:50:54 PM »

That's really my point earlier. How can I take someone like that seriously, as an adult?

If you look at all his complaining threads there's very few people he doesn't throw under the bus.

I got more insults in one page than a year at different forums.  :rofl_2:
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 10:32:38 PM by Tennis4you »

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #148 on: July 15, 2013, 10:06:19 PM »
If you look at all his complaining threads there's very few people he doesn't throw under the bus.

I got more insults in one page than a year at different forums.  :rofl_2:

This whole episode has definitely taught me a lesson. There are no friends on the internet, only enemies and frenemies.

Offline masterclass

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #149 on: July 16, 2013, 01:37:49 AM »
Ok people, as the lone moderator of this sub-forum, I'm stepping in.

I think everyone has had a chance to speak their mind here again and again.

People keep rehashing this and it only festers and encourages an environment of bitterness and ill-will, which will eventually, if not already, decline into rebukes, insults, and attacks.

Village people, what's done is done.  We can all learn from this incident and take adequate steps to deal with it better in the future, or be doomed to repeat it. 

It's time to stop and move on.  The line is drawn.  Subsequent such text in posts on this subject here will be removed. 

If you have positive suggestions on how the forum can be improved (and not rehash the past), please post them in the T4U Forum Guidelines & Announcements sub-forum for now, or in a place that Scott suggests. Thank you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Respectfully,
masterclass
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 04:19:29 AM by masterclass »
Legends of Tennis

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #150 on: July 16, 2013, 01:39:46 AM »

Offline masterclass

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #151 on: July 16, 2013, 01:50:09 AM »
From the ATP World Tour Web site (July 15):

Federer Looks For Confidence Boost In Hamburg

Roger Federer admitted on Monday that he is pleased to be competing again at the bet-at-home Open - German Tennis Championships, where he is a four-time former titlist.

Federer, who lost to Sergiy Stakhovsky in the second round at The Championships, admitted, “I think this decision was made very quickly the day after Wimbledon.

“I thought, what are my options now? Do I need more practice? Do I need more matches? What does my heart say? I really wanted to play some more matches.”

Federer decided to compete in Hamburg for the first time since 2008.

“I first entered into the Top 10 [of the Emirates ATP Rankings] at Hamburg in 2002,” recalled Federer. “That is something that can never be taken away from Hamburg or me. It was one of my dreams. I have always enjoyed coming back here, winning here. I have had milestone victories here and also times when I have learnt a lot.

“Right now I just want to win a lot of matches, hopefully win a couple of tournaments and then sort of build confidence and go from there into the hard courts.”

The Swiss took a short holiday following his Wimbledon exit and, although he did not watch Andy Murray’s historic triumph, he did send the World No. 2 a congratulatory text message.

“I didn’t see anything but I did send him a message. I was happy for him. I think he’s been very consistent for a long time. Last year, was a huge year for him winning the [London] Olympics, making the Wimbledon final and winning the US Open. I thought after missing Paris to come back and win Wimbledon it was amazing.”

This week in Hamburg, Federer opens his campaign against Daniel Brands. He has a 29-4 tournament record.

Respectfully,
masterclass
Legends of Tennis

Offline Slasher1985

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
« Reply #152 on: July 16, 2013, 01:55:40 AM »
Interesting read, Brother John. few have mentioned this, but Fed was last placed 5 in 2003, exactly 10 years before he got placed again on 5. And he has been a Top 10 player without interruption for the last 10 years and 9 months. :)>>>>

Online mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #153 on: July 16, 2013, 02:09:09 AM »
no.5 at age 32 is very well, pete fell out of top 10 at 29  ://

BBM: The greatest romantic film of all times

Offline masterclass

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #154 on: July 16, 2013, 02:10:59 AM »
Interesting Sir Slasher Marv. :) 

Does anyone know the record for continuous longevity in the top 10 (since 1973)?

Respectfully,
masterclass
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 02:12:34 AM by masterclass »
Legends of Tennis

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
« Reply #155 on: July 16, 2013, 03:18:15 AM »
found this on fb...

Here's the real video of Murray winning it :
Andy Murray - 2013 Wimbledon Champion [HD]

& here's the video of Murray winning it in Lego land :D   :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

Murray's Wimbledon winning moment - made of Lego
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Offline masterclass

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #156 on: July 16, 2013, 04:52:55 AM »
Funny lego video ash  :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

Respectfully,
masterclass
Legends of Tennis

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #157 on: July 16, 2013, 04:55:10 AM »
so I  served my time  :zipped:. hey Scott did his job ... what's the problem? if it's not enough ban me me for 3 weeks, 3 months or for whatever  :gleam:. do you want my head? can't have it ... is the best head 'you'll see ever see'...

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #158 on: July 16, 2013, 04:59:59 AM »
Interesting Sir Slasher Marv. :) 

Does anyone know the record for continuous longevity in the top 10 (since 1973)?

Respectfully,
masterclass
It's Rafa I think ... forever #2, behind roger etc.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #159 on: July 16, 2013, 05:48:02 AM »
so I  served my time  :zipped:. hey Scott did his job ... what's the problem? if it's not enough ban me me for 3 weeks, 3 months or for whatever  :gleam:. do you want my head? can't have it ... is the best head 'you'll see ever see'...
Is it an old school head around 80 s.i. or is it one of the new ones around 100 square inches?
CONK da ball!!!