Author Topic: ~* Ye Olde Village *~ Volume 1 "A New Beginning"  (Read 43995 times)

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
Re: ~* Ye Olde Village *~ Volume 1 "A New Beginning"
« Reply #200 on: July 17, 2013, 01:56:03 AM »
What's wrong with slaving away for a giant corporation for life?

my company only has 40 staff, have things to do now, bye  :gleam:

BBM: The greatest romantic film of all times

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #201 on: July 17, 2013, 01:57:20 AM »
Morning Villagers...

Hey Miranda, nice to see you around. Some guy here won the lottery, 11 million euros. That's quite huge really. :lmao:

hello to Marian before I leave  :king:

wow, 11 million of Euro, thats a lot!!! Just 1 million is enough for me for my remaining life  :innocent:

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #202 on: July 17, 2013, 01:58:14 AM »
what is 'Pret the Manager'? what kinda food?

I think Mimi is stinking rich and she is just fooling with us  :innocent:.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #203 on: July 17, 2013, 02:10:26 AM »
mimi - do you like gay cowboys?
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #204 on: July 17, 2013, 02:46:17 AM »
true, i may not be that poor, i have a little apartment, the mortgage of which is about to pay off in 2 months and some savings, but thats all.  I still have to work till 60  ..-)

Alex: i love their never dying love, not necessarily about 2 gay cowboys  :king:
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 02:47:14 AM by mimi »

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #205 on: July 17, 2013, 02:48:27 AM »
I am SO happy today, my beloved Jake is finally not that lonely any more, he finds a gorgeous new model girl friend  :gleam: :gleam:

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #206 on: July 17, 2013, 02:52:13 AM »
true, i may not be that poor, i have a little apartment, the mortgage of which is about to pay off in 2 months and some savings, but thats all.  I still have to work till 60  ..-)

Alex: i love their never dying love, not necessarily about 2 gay cowboys  :king:
you silly thing, you are blessed ... mortgage being paid in 2 months. so happy for you.

just get a man/husband and you'll be on top of the world  :)

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #207 on: July 17, 2013, 02:54:29 AM »

you silly thing, you are blessed ... mortgage being paid in 2 months. so happy for you.

did not find him when i was young, now even getting mroe difficult when I am old, i am contented with being alone, this is my destiny .  May be i gonna buy a small "tea-cup" poodle as companion :// :rofl_2:

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #208 on: July 17, 2013, 03:01:55 AM »

did not find him when i was young, now even getting mroe difficult when I am old, i am contented with being alone, this is my destiny .  May be i gonna buy a small "tea-cup" poodle as companion :// :rofl_2:
I disagree with your 'destiny'. and who is 'old'. no excuses, go meet someone ... why having your condo and not sharing it with anyone when you retire, think about it :)?

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #209 on: July 17, 2013, 03:07:50 AM »
this "condo" only has 500 sq. feet, very small, you know how crowded HK is  :innocent:

Offline jazzcat

• Tennis Player
« Reply #210 on: July 17, 2013, 03:14:08 AM »
So this place has quickly turned into "The Lord of the Flies" with petty and idiotic squabbles, and with "general" Alex at the helm of the crazy train.  Clay Death a fugitive as usual.  Anyone over 16 should be ashamed of themself.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #211 on: July 17, 2013, 03:14:44 AM »
this "condo" only has 500 sq. feet, very small, you know how crowded HK is  :innocent:
yeah, I actually know about HC ... my point is 'get someone' in there  (it could be a fish, or a dog, or a man  :))... how many sq  it takes to have a bad?

sorry, I'm challenging you but think about it  :). you are healthy and that's important.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #212 on: July 17, 2013, 03:18:58 AM »
So this place has quickly turned into "The Lord of the Flies" with petty and idiotic squabbles, and with "general" Alex at the helm of the crazy train.  Clay Death a fugitive as usual.  Anyone over 16 should be ashamed of themself.
it's 'themselves' btw. not sure why you are upset. I'm talking to my friend Mimi from HC. what's the problem? you can join us if you feel like talking.

Offline jazzcat

• Tennis Player
« Reply #213 on: July 17, 2013, 03:26:34 AM »
it's 'themselves' btw. not sure why you are upset. I'm talking to my friend Mimi from HC. what's the problem? you can join us if you feel like talking.

It's not polite to correct people who learned English late in life.

Second, I'll pass on the conversation since I have nothing to say to flaky people such as yourself

Goodbye.

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #214 on: July 17, 2013, 03:27:10 AM »
have things to do, bye all  :king:

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #215 on: July 17, 2013, 03:30:54 AM »
have things to do, bye all  :king:
what things are you doing  :)? take care though

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #216 on: July 17, 2013, 03:35:40 AM »

Second, I'll pass on the conversation since I have nothing to say to flaky people such as yourself

Goodbye.
I just tried to help, nothing about politeness. why is not polite to correct people? it's silly bud. do you want to learn ? Hire Babs, I'm too expensive  :).

I joke with Mimi, and I love her, so what's the big deal?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 03:38:13 AM by Alex »

Offline Slasher1985

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
« Reply #217 on: July 17, 2013, 03:40:52 AM »

Goodbye.

Well, how about things to say to other nice people around here. There's still MC, Mimi, Lugburz and a large part of the community who decided to stay, even without CD around. Decisions you make should not be done because of one person (either good or bad), but by using rational ideas.

Offline August

• Tennis Addict
    • August on Sports
« Reply #218 on: July 17, 2013, 03:49:51 AM »
Hello folks!

I started writing a sports blog last week, here's my thoughts about doping:

http://augustonsports.blogspot.fi/2013/07/some-thoughts-about-doping.html

Great start for your blog August!  I tried to respond with a long comment in the blog, but when I tried to enter it, I lost my whole comment.  Oh well.
I'm too tired to write it again. 

I'll sum up my position briefly. Until the various sport organizations are out of the management of drug testing business, I have zero confidence in their testing integrity. It is blatantly obvious an inherent conflict of interest will exist in this situation when the organizations responsible for marketing, promoting, and organizing the sport are also in charge of management of drug testing.  Too much money, prestige, and notoriety is at stake to believe they would take down a top player.

If I were in charge of the UCI or ITF or whatever, I would refuse to accept responsibility for management of testing as it would be natural for anyone to question my and my organization's integrity, right or wrong.  The responsibility should be given to an independent agency. 

The way testing in tennis is being managed today is a joke. Only an idiot would be caught.  Most serious doping is done off season or when they are Out Of Competition for whatever reason, but guess what? In tennis that is when the fewest tests are done, only 15% (334 urine and blood OOC out of 2135 in 2012, only 63 Out Of Competition blood tests in 2012, only 21 in 2011), with many top players not tested at all OOC, such as Serena Williams in 2010-2011.  Micro-dosing of synthetic testosterone (a steroid hormone) can also be used in-competition and fall under the levels required to be caught, because of the testing methods used (T/E ratio instead of CIR).

Even if an independent agency were doing all the right things it would be difficult to catch the sophisticated doper immediately, because many times they are using the latest designer drug for which no test exists.  But if the samples are being taken, they can be stored for later testing, and as long as retesting on old samples would be done periodically, then there is always a chance that a test will be developed which will catch the doper later.

As we've seen with Armstrong and his cohorts, UCI testing was ineffective, but other means of investigation (USADA) proved more fruitful. 

Respectfully,
masterclass

Thanks for your comments, masterclass! I once read they store doping samples in tennis like they do e.g. in athletics. And that's worked in athletics, many medalists have been stripped away from their medals. But I wonder if they do those re-tests in tennis. Maybe that will happen in 2016 when the Beijing Olympics' samples are tested also in other sports.

Btw, I usuallly write long forum posts in Word and copy to the forums so that they won't disappear if something goes wrong.

My blog: August on Sports | My twitter: @AugustOnSports

Offline masterclass

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #219 on: July 17, 2013, 05:30:03 AM »
You're welcome General August.

>Btw, I usuallly write long forum posts in Word and copy to the forums so that they won't disappear if something goes wrong.

Good advice.   :) :thumbs-up:

Respectfully,
masterclass
Legends of Tennis