Author Topic: ~* Ye Olde Village *~ Volume 1 "A New Beginning"  (Read 48070 times)

mimi and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Orange Wombat

• Tennis God
  • Welcome to T4U!
Re: ~* Ye Olde Village *~ Volume 1 "A New Beginning"
« Reply #220 on: July 17, 2013, 08:08:51 AM »
Hello folks!

I started writing a sports blog last week, here's my thoughts about doping:

http://augustonsports.blogspot.fi/2013/07/some-thoughts-about-doping.html

Great start for your blog August!  I tried to respond with a long comment in the blog, but when I tried to enter it, I lost my whole comment.  Oh well.
I'm too tired to write it again. 

I'll sum up my position briefly. Until the various sport organizations are out of the management of drug testing business, I have zero confidence in their testing integrity. It is blatantly obvious an inherent conflict of interest will exist in this situation when the organizations responsible for marketing, promoting, and organizing the sport are also in charge of management of drug testing.  Too much money, prestige, and notoriety is at stake to believe they would take down a top player.

If I were in charge of the UCI or ITF or whatever, I would refuse to accept responsibility for management of testing as it would be natural for anyone to question my and my organization's integrity, right or wrong.  The responsibility should be given to an independent agency. 

The way testing in tennis is being managed today is a joke. Only an idiot would be caught.  Most serious doping is done off season or when they are Out Of Competition for whatever reason, but guess what? In tennis that is when the fewest tests are done, only 15% (334 urine and blood OOC out of 2135 in 2012, only 63 Out Of Competition blood tests in 2012, only 21 in 2011), with many top players not tested at all OOC, such as Serena Williams in 2010-2011.  Micro-dosing of synthetic testosterone (a steroid hormone) can also be used in-competition and fall under the levels required to be caught, because of the testing methods used (T/E ratio instead of CIR).

Even if an independent agency were doing all the right things it would be difficult to catch the sophisticated doper immediately, because many times they are using the latest designer drug for which no test exists.  But if the samples are being taken, they can be stored for later testing, and as long as retesting on old samples would be done periodically, then there is always a chance that a test will be developed which will catch the doper later.

As we've seen with Armstrong and his cohorts, UCI testing was ineffective, but other means of investigation (USADA) proved more fruitful. 

Respectfully,
masterclass

Thanks for your comments, masterclass! I once read they store doping samples in tennis like they do e.g. in athletics. And that's worked in athletics, many medalists have been stripped away from their medals. But I wonder if they do those re-tests in tennis. Maybe that will happen in 2016 when the Beijing Olympics' samples are tested also in other sports.

Btw, I usuallly write long forum posts in Word and copy to the forums so that they won't disappear if something goes wrong.

Hi August!  :cool: I also enjoyed your blog. It tells many truths.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #221 on: July 17, 2013, 09:56:00 AM »
It's a lot quieter now, the way I like it.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #222 on: July 17, 2013, 10:57:26 AM »

who cares what/who you like? it's the internet thing but hey, I love ya bud. You are so much fun.
watch this, it's great, nothing explicitly sexual, just a good video
LOUD SEX: How To Stop Your Neighbors From Having It

« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 11:04:38 AM by Alex »

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #223 on: July 17, 2013, 12:03:48 PM »
It's not polite to correct people who learned English late in life.

Second, I'll pass on the conversation since I have nothing to say to flaky people such as yourself

Goodbye.

Well, how about things to say to other nice people around here. There's still MC, Mimi, Lugburz and a large part of the community who decided to stay, even without CD around. Decisions you make should not be done because of one person (either good or bad), but by using rational ideas.
What a great idea. :)
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #224 on: July 17, 2013, 12:19:58 PM »

Second, I'll pass on the conversation since I have nothing to say to flaky people such as yourself

Goodbye.

Well, how about things to say to other nice people around here. There's still MC, Mimi, Lugburz and a large part of the community who decided to stay, even without CD around. Decisions you make should not be done because of one person (either good or bad), but by using rational ideas.
OK, sorry Just didn't understand what a person above you said.

MT, help to a brother. How do I get to be 'less flaky'?

You know I love everyone  :)

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #225 on: July 17, 2013, 12:26:45 PM »

Goodbye.

Type your posts.
Reread your posts prior to sending.
Delete half of them and moderate the rest.
You're fine 99% of the time with 99% of the members here.
Clean up the rest and you'll be in the running for Member of The Year along with everyone else. ;-()
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #226 on: July 17, 2013, 12:43:12 PM »
holly, I want to be a part of something, I'll try better next time  :gleam:

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #227 on: July 17, 2013, 03:02:42 PM »

Goodbye.
you are being too logical. it ain't working for me. Am I gonna get banned again by some kid who is a powerful mod? Scott, I want to be a mod. How do I apply?

Type your posts.
Reread your posts prior to sending.
Delete half of them and moderate the rest.
You're fine 99% of the time with 99% of the members here.
Clean up the rest and you'll be in the running for Member of The Year along with everyone else. ;-()

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #228 on: July 17, 2013, 03:44:37 PM »

Don't bet on that  ;-()

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #229 on: July 17, 2013, 03:57:21 PM »
 Lug you were having a go @ Hurc & the posts that went missing.That's how it started. ;-() .Don't mouth off when i'm not around,do to my face & don't be 2 faced.   

Herc, you know my take on this so I won't repeat myself  ;-()

The only thing I disagree with you on this is calling out other regular members labeling them as cowards.
I know them too well and they don't take forums so seriously.  Also mind that, even they  have been for so long here they are not mods or anything, they are regular members.

I have here sid who tells me to go and 'fook myself' and telling me to shut it without realizing there's no single reason to insult me.
Hunting has hated me ever since for the reasons completely unknown. I dare him to find any posts where I insulted him or anything, and yet he tells me that his gloves are off with me because of  discussing simple tennis matter.

But why should I leave just because 2 posters are insulting me, I'm way stronger than that. t4u has been my '2nd family' all these years and I don't wanna leave it just because some posters are insulting me.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 03:58:45 PM by sid »

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #230 on: July 17, 2013, 08:19:15 PM »
T4Y was a strong place before Clay Death arrived and will continue to be. Honestly I dreaded the day he arrived and my instincts were correct.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #231 on: July 17, 2013, 08:45:49 PM »
sid why making it up? What posts went missing, what are you on about? I can swear to anyone that I haven't deleted anything I said here, so you can check whatever I said.
While the fact remains that you deleted your post where you said to me to go and 'fook myself'. I quoted it because I remembered  how exactly you spelled it. After that my post was that you don't deserve my attention.

My conscience is completely clear and ask herc if I had a go at him. Thats a complete lie and him and I know thats true.
That's all that matters

Also I wasn't talking while you aren't around, because obviously you are still here, So I actually did it to your face.
I don't have any reasons to lie. You also know that I haven't insulted you ever since I know you here.

And learn how to quote others, even though I'm completely missing your point about quoting my post.
I only said what is typed on this forum. You thought you could get away with it simply by deleting your post, but as I said my conscience is completely clear, and I, after all your insults besides this post I have nothing more to explain to you.

Mind that I wouldn't write all this If I didn't think of you as a 'friend'. But it seems that your paranoia finally set in.
I mean what more can I say about it since you believe that me and Babbs are the same person  ..-)
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #232 on: July 17, 2013, 08:54:42 PM »
Howdy doodie folks!!!!!!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #233 on: July 17, 2013, 08:58:43 PM »
T4Y was a strong place before Clay Death arrived and will continue to be. Honestly I dreaded the day he arrived and my instincts were correct.

Well, the thought was to give him a chance so nothing wrong with that.

So he's on to another place, maybe the posters there will follow his ideas.  :::O

Online mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #234 on: July 17, 2013, 08:59:56 PM »
hello friends  :king:

BBM: The greatest romantic film of all times

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #235 on: July 17, 2013, 09:00:32 PM »
hello friends  :king:

Hi mimi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :))

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #236 on: July 17, 2013, 09:02:21 PM »
hello  :cool:
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Online mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #237 on: July 17, 2013, 09:02:55 PM »
sid why making it up? What posts went missing, what are you on about? I can swear to anyone that I haven't deleted anything I said here, so you can check whatever I said.
While the fact remains that you deleted your post where you said to me to go and 'fook myself'. I quoted it because I remembered  how exactly you spelled it. After that my post was that you don't deserve my attention.

My conscience is completely clear and ask herc if I had a go at him. Thats a complete lie and him and I know thats true.
That's all that matters

Also I wasn't talking while you aren't around, because obviously you are still here, So I actually did it to your face.
I don't have any reasons to lie. You also know that I haven't insulted you ever since I know you here.

And learn how to quote others, even though I'm completely missing your point about quoting my post.
I only said what is typed on this forum. You thought you could get away with it simply by deleting your post, but as I said my conscience is completely clear, and I, after all your insults besides this post I have nothing more to explain to you.

Mind that I wouldn't write all this If I didn't think of you as a 'friend'. But it seems that your paranoia finally set in.
I mean what more can I say about it since you believe that me and Babbs are the same person  ..-)

Lug, you are a very nice person, i don't know why sid such things as "fook myself" (what does this mean actually?) to you.  Hope you two gonna make peace soon  ://

Online mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #238 on: July 17, 2013, 09:04:39 PM »
hello Swish and Lug: all your favoiuritres won in Hamburg except poor Gublis

Online mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #239 on: July 17, 2013, 09:06:38 PM »
i don't understand too much this Toni "talking" to rafa during the match stuff. Was he just "talked" to him with encouraging words "vamoss" or gave him the tips to win the matches?  If it is the latter, I am very disappointed coz he was doing something against the rules, but was STUPID & shameless to tell this out, damaging rafa's image.  Yes, i know, if rafa takes this, he is not right too, very disappointed.