Author Topic: ~* Ye Olde Village *~ Volume 1 "A New Beginning"  (Read 62286 times)

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
Re: ~* Ye Olde Village *~ Volume 1 "A New Beginning"
« Reply #1120 on: September 06, 2013, 04:44:16 AM »
got 3 boxes of unwanted moon cakes from my boss, one of which is ice-creamed based, sadly with my never-ending cough and my fat body, think better that i give one of them to my sister and one of them to the kind caretaker who always fixed home appliances for me  :king:

BBM: The greatest romantic film of all times

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #1121 on: September 06, 2013, 04:48:50 AM »
oh the other castle thread has been locked, guess it is caused by the tandrums pulled out by CD today  ://

:coffee:

I see Djokovic won.

And the castle is closed.  :rofl_2:

I tried to tell masterclass the problems but he wouldn't act and tried to derail my points, now it will be clear I'm sure.

Anyways, I have my own problems.  :)>>>>

All my players are out, Fed, Jerzy, Gulbis and DelPo. I bet on them to do well at the MTF FITD and I'm almost in last place.  :mad1:

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #1122 on: September 06, 2013, 04:50:19 AM »
got 3 boxes of unwanted moon cakes from my boss, one of which is ice-creamed based, sadly with my never-ending cough and my fat body, think better that i give one of them to my sister and one of them to the kind caretaker who always fixed home appliances for me  :king:

:rofl_2:    You and your cakes.  :))

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #1123 on: September 06, 2013, 04:59:07 AM »
Murray lost, no one to stop Nole from winning  ..-)

Nadal is there.  :cool:

i think Nole will get him this time.  Always wanted to watch a bit of us open, but always felt too tired and sleepy at that time  :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ)

i want to watch Li Na's match, i like her but sadly she got Williams  :gleam:

sorry, Swish, i know you don't much follow women's tennis, but i find it ridiculous that some people would think Serena is better than Graf (even though I don't like Graf but Seles,  i still think her achievements were astonishing and unequalled).  Graf at her peak, never lost to lower-ranked opponents as frequent as Serena and won more slams and got more titles.

I have Graff as the best and far ahead of Serena, one look at the records will leave no doubt.

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #1124 on: September 06, 2013, 05:01:51 AM »
oh the other castle thread has been locked, guess it is caused by the tandrums pulled out by CD today  ://

I see Djokovic won.

I tried to tell masterclass the problems but he wouldn't act and tried to derail my points, now it will be clear I'm sure.

Anyways, I have my own problems.  :)>>>>

All my players are out, Fed, Jerzy, Gulbis and DelPo. I bet on them to do well at the MTF FITD and I'm almost in last place.  :mad1:

i like masterclass, he is a good person, but may be he is too kind to be a moderator, he does not has the "cruelity" to "punish" the posters who did things wrong  :)~

you are lucky that you did not play in real monies, otherwise your weekly salary will be gone  :rofl_2:

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #1125 on: September 06, 2013, 05:03:09 AM »
but i always wonder why Margaret Court who won more slams is not being considered the greatest?

these are not really cakes, gotta find a photo of it
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 05:16:46 AM by mimi »

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #1126 on: September 06, 2013, 05:08:14 AM »

they are called moon cakes but no "cream" inside, made of lotus seeds and with egg york, very fattening.  We eat it during the "mid-autumn festival".  It is from an old fairy story, saying a woman who stole the never get old medicines from her hubby and while her hubby chased her around, she flied all up to the moon  :rofl_2:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 05:17:09 AM by mimi »

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #1127 on: September 06, 2013, 05:11:25 AM »
i can see the big baby Swish has gone to work, while my boss is relented and just asked me to leave, so bye.  This time I guess I finally got a little bit of time to watch the re-run of us open (poor me has not even seen 1 formal match, just a few minutes of Ivanoic vs Victoria)  :grind dance:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 05:18:06 AM by mimi »

Offline Slasher1985

• Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
« Reply #1128 on: September 06, 2013, 05:23:52 AM »
Hey you two.

Sorry I have a busy morning with a tight deadline to deal with. How are you doing?

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #1129 on: September 06, 2013, 05:28:57 AM »

they are called moon cakes but no "cream" inside, made of lotus seeds and with egg york, very fattening.  We eat it during the "mid-autumn festival".  It is from an old fairy story, saying a woman who stole the never get old medicines from her hubby and while her hubby chased her around, she flied all up to the moon  :rofl_2:
Oh my, those look yummy!!! :drool:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
« Reply #1130 on: September 06, 2013, 06:53:09 AM »
hello Markus  :king:

You mean you had already travelled to Turkey and Tsunia in just this year?  That is a lot.  I usually only take one overseas trip every one year . :king:

hahaha, i have yet to travel this year coz of my troublesome friend who postponed the trip twice and even made me pay penalty to the travel company (the cancellation for the first time was that her mum got a hit on her head, however she was out of the hospital the first day she got hurt, that means she is not that bad, and the second time even more ridiculous, her house needs to do bug spray)....... ..-) Now I don't know when I am going to travel.  I wanted to visit Tsunia too.

do you eat fishes a lot coz Norway has so many great oceans ? :king: I only like fried fish, but not steamed fish, the smell is very "fishy".  I like shrimps the most.

This year? Oh no, those are the only times I left Europe ever. Not this year. Not even this decade. This year I haven't travelled at all. I didn't want to so it's no sacrifice.

I hope you manage to travel soon. Tunisia was too warm for me but might suit you better.

I do not eat that much fish, it's true we have a lot of fisheries but we export most of it I guess. I too prefer fried fish to steamed, but I think chicken, pasta or beef is better.

Are you having a good day?  :king:

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
« Reply #1131 on: September 06, 2013, 06:58:30 AM »
but i always wonder why Margaret Court who won more slams is not being considered the greatest?

Some think Court is #1.

It is anyway between Court, Navratilova and Graf. You can make a case for either one. Evert also had an amazing career but she was just behind Navratilova in all the important stats so few have her as #1.

Then there's Helen Wills Moody in 5th spot.

Offline ProdigyEng

• Tennis Player
« Reply #1132 on: September 06, 2013, 07:16:58 AM »
Clay Death has had another epic nerd rage?

just lol

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #1133 on: September 06, 2013, 09:14:59 AM »
del potro the tiger needs to improve his fitness.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #1134 on: September 06, 2013, 09:23:37 AM »
Spartan Stan:

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #1135 on: September 06, 2013, 04:44:58 PM »

I see Djokovic won.

Anyways, I have my own problems.  :) >>>>

i like masterclass, he is a good person, but may be he is too kind to be a moderator, he does not has the "cruelity" to "punish" the posters who did things wrong  :)~

you are lucky that you did not play in real monies, otherwise your weekly salary will be gone  :rofl_2:

His analysis he does now and then, it's nice.

I wouldn't pick the way I do for money,  :)~   I don't want to root against my players so I pick them to win. I'm a fool.  :king:

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #1136 on: September 06, 2013, 08:07:20 PM »
Hey you two.

Sorry I have a busy morning with a tight deadline to deal with. How are you doing?

nothing special, lucky that i don't have much to do this week and can leave office earlier than 7 pm :grind dance:

how is your daughter?  have you taught her to dance?  It seems that babies love dancing :grind dance:

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #1137 on: September 06, 2013, 08:08:24 PM »

Oh my, those look yummy!!! :drool:

yeah, but very fatttening.

by the way, do you know if Pete's 2 boys have been learnign tennis?  :confused1:  I hope his good genes can be carried on  :king:

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #1138 on: September 06, 2013, 08:15:04 PM »
hello Markus  :)

Oh i see, it is all right, I know many people do not like travelling.  I have a German internet friend who has flight anxiety and has never taken a plane  :king:  Norway is big enough for travelling many many times, you also have tons of European countries to visit, so you don't have to step out from Europe, I envy you a lot  :king:

I don't like hot weather, I guess if i ever go to Tunisia, I may go there in their Winter's time.  The travel company allows us to keep our deposit till 30 March 2014 so I need to take my trip before then if i don't want to waste the deposit.  This time I am prepared to go alone even though I am a chicken, this fickled friend may change her mind again, may be I gonna invite another firend to join so that even if that fickled friend does not go, i am going to have a companion  :king:

yeah, chicken, pasta is better, but i prefer pork over beef  :king:

I hope today will be a good day, thanks.

I wish you a good weekend with good weather  :king:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 08:23:33 PM by mimi »

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #1139 on: September 06, 2013, 08:17:23 PM »

Some think Court is #1.

It is anyway between Court, Navratilova and Graf. You can make a case for either one. Evert also had an amazing career but she was just behind Navratilova in all the important stats so few have her as #1.

Then there's Helen Wills Moody in 5th spot.

yeah, i agreed  :king:

As for men, I think Roger is the greatest even though he is not my favourite.  True that Laver missed many slams but you just have to rely on the numbers for this contest. 17 is a lot more than 11.