Author Topic: ~* Ye Olde Village *~ Volume 1 "A New Beginning"  (Read 62068 times)

Online mimi

• Tennis God
Re: ~* Ye Olde Village *~ Volume 1 "A New Beginning"
« Reply #1260 on: September 20, 2013, 09:29:00 PM »
a super strong typhoon is now hitting Taiwan, it may come to Hong Kong tomorrow, I may not have to work on Monday morning if the signal reaches no.8  :innocent:

BBM: The greatest romantic film of all times

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #1261 on: September 20, 2013, 09:30:31 PM »
a super strong typhoon is now hitting Taiwan, it may come to Hong Kong tomorrow, I may not have to work on Monday morning if the signal reaches no.8  :innocent:

Isn't it late in the year for that in your area? 

Online mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #1262 on: September 20, 2013, 09:31:11 PM »
yes, a bit late, usually they comes in July-August ://

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #1263 on: September 20, 2013, 09:31:53 PM »
reading the news about an evil couple  in Hong Kong who kept torturing their Indonesian maid for 2 years.  She was not allowed to wear bras and was forced to wear a transparent bag as top  :scared:

That is weird.  :scared:

they also hit her with bicycle chains, iron bar, shoes ............ she got mroe than 45 wounds .......

They should be put in jail for life. Poor girl.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #1264 on: September 20, 2013, 09:33:35 PM »
Hey mimi, I catch you later.  Don't work too hard!  :cool:

Online mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #1265 on: September 20, 2013, 09:34:48 PM »
they were sentenced to jail for 3 and 5 years respectively.  The strange thing is that the maid never tried to escape until after 2 years of torture and with no salary.  Even the judge finds it strange  :confused1:

bye and have fun, good luck to Gublish  :king:

Online mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #1266 on: September 20, 2013, 11:24:19 PM »
 :make-a-wish: :first-place: :yay: :cheer: :cheer: :ice cream: :Happy-Birthday!: :Happy-Birthday!: :Happy-Birthday!: come here, people, lets say happy birthday to Swish.   I just noticed that Swish is now 994 years old, very close to 1,000!  :Bleh:
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 11:26:49 PM by mimi »

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #1267 on: September 21, 2013, 04:52:53 AM »
:make-a-wish: :first-place: :yay: :cheer: :cheer: :ice cream: :Happy-Birthday!: :Happy-Birthday!: :Happy-Birthday!: come here, people, lets say happy birthday to Swish.   I just noticed that Swish is now 994 years old, very close to 1,000!  :Bleh:

Thank you!!!
I forgot about my own birthday.  :confused1:

I'm feeling those years too.  :)

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
« Reply #1268 on: September 22, 2013, 04:53:18 PM »
hello Marcus again  :king:

now i remember, the tap water contained something that caused you a kind of disease.  The man just changed all mineral water that was supplied to her wife by tap water, and she died 2 days later, however he also got killed coz that disease was highly infectious, and since they slept in the same bed, the man also died later .......

I am realling "shall we tell the president" now.  I like "Not a penny more, not a penny less" more  :gleam:

you are really very intellectual, reading so many books.  Have you read "100 years of solitude"?  :confused1:.  Many years ago, my internet friend recommended me to read this book, I think the writer is full of imagination but i don't like his way of always mentioning incest  :)>>>>

Poetic justice in that story, then  ;-()

I don't think I'm very intellectual, I just like to read. I haven't read "100 years...", no, but I'll check a review and see if it looks promising  :)

Online mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #1269 on: September 22, 2013, 10:31:03 PM »

Thank you!!!
I forgot about my own birthday.  :confused1:

I'm feeling those years too.  :)

can you still do the moonwalk dance with your old bones?  :rofl_2:

Online mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #1270 on: September 22, 2013, 10:32:39 PM »

now i remember, the tap water contained something that caused you a kind of disease.  The man just changed all mineral water that was supplied to her wife by tap water, and she died 2 days later, however he also got killed coz that disease was highly infectious, and since they slept in the same bed, the man also died later .......

I am realling "shall we tell the president" now.  I like "Not a penny more, not a penny less" more  :gleam:

you are really very intellectual, reading so many books.  Have you read "100 years of solitude"?  :confused1:.  Many years ago, my internet friend recommended me to read this book, I think the writer is full of imagination but i don't like his way of always mentioning incest  :)>>>>

I don't think I'm very intellectual, I just like to read. I haven't read "100 years...", no, but I'll check a review and see if it looks promising  :)

you are too humble, I know that you are very knowledgeable, not many people love to read these days.  My boss's hubby said "100 years of solitude" is very boring, not sure if you gonna like it .

Online mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #1271 on: September 22, 2013, 11:26:23 PM »
also, i noticed that Gublis has won the final, so congratulations to you Swish :grind dance:

Online mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #1272 on: September 23, 2013, 12:48:43 AM »
Swish: please watch the film "Prisoners" if you have time, it is starred by Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal. A very exicited thriller  :gleam:

Prisoners Trailer 2013 Official Hugh Jackman Movie [HD]
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 03:00:09 AM by mimi »

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
« Reply #1273 on: September 23, 2013, 08:09:14 AM »

you are too humble, I know that you are very knowledgeable, not many people love to read these days.  My boss's hubby said "100 years of solitude" is very boring, not sure if you gonna like it .

Very boring? Not a glowing recommendation, then. Could still be interesting, I guess, taste is a curious thing. What is boring to some might not be to others.

I don't read as much as I used to, btw. I guess I read on average two books a week for many years. That has dropped, I'm at ca. 30 for this year, that's less than one a week. I read a lot of magazines, but I did that before as well, so in total I read less. Perhaps it will pick up again. I've got lots of good books I haven't read yet, I inherited loads after my mother died a few years ago. She loved to read also.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #1274 on: September 23, 2013, 07:18:06 PM »
Swish: please watch the film "Prisoners" if you have time, it is starred by Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal. A very exicited thriller  :gleam:

It looks good, I will try to download it from one of my secret sources.  :cool:

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #1275 on: September 23, 2013, 07:21:30 PM »
also, i noticed that Gublis has won the final, so congratulations to you Swish :grind dance:

Thanks mimi. I was going to see that match and saw it was almost over in the second set.

Little did I know that Gulbs won 11 straight games.

He said in his interview that he hopes to make the top 20 and maybe even top 10. This is very strange, Gulbis usually says he wants #1 or something like that.

Maybe he's growing up a little.  :)

Online mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #1276 on: September 23, 2013, 08:33:01 PM »
hello Marcus  :)

It seems that the author of this "100 years of solitude" won a nobel award in literature? His books have wide imagination, but as I have mentioned before, i hate the incest part.

Wow, 2 books a week, I read 2 books in 1-2 years  :rofl_2: :rofl_2:.  As I usually books in English, it takes long time as my English is very bad.  I think I read more books when i was younger, but those were mainly those shallow love stories  :)~. Sorry for the lost of your mum, but she is now in heaven without pain and you will see her one day  :king:

You buy the books or borrow them from library?  If the former, your house must be very big and full of books  :king:

Online mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #1277 on: September 23, 2013, 08:34:07 PM »

It looks good, I will try to download it from one of my secret sources.  :cool:

i  love to watch in cinemas  :))

Online mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #1278 on: September 23, 2013, 08:34:49 PM »

Thanks mimi. I was going to see that match and saw it was almost over in the second set.

He said in his interview that he hopes to make the top 20 and maybe even top 10. This is very strange, Gulbis usually says he wants #1 or something like that.

I thought he reached toip 20 before?  Guess I was wrong  :)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #1279 on: September 23, 2013, 08:50:47 PM »

I thought he reached toip 20 before?  Guess I was wrong  :)

I guess so.  :)~

How's your weather?  :confused1: