Author Topic: Agnieszka Radwanska shunned by church  (Read 676 times)

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Agnieszka Radwanska shunned by church
« on: July 16, 2013, 01:49:48 PM »

Shortly after Agnieszka Radwanska dropped her clothes for ESPN The Magazine's Body Issue, the world's fourth-ranked tennis player found herself dropped by a church group in Poland.

A Catholic organization known as Krucjata Mlodych (Youth Crusade) has ended its relationship with Radwanska, who is a devout Catholic and was an ambassador for the group, in the wake of the release of the 24-year-old's nude photos. While the images were not explicit, they caused quite an uproar in Radwanska's native Poland.

"It's a shame that someone who has declared their love for Jesus is now promoting the mentality of men looking at a woman as a thing rather than a child of God worthy of respect and love," Senior Catholic priest Father Marek Dziewiecki told Polish media. "If she meets a man who she can truly love and establish a happy family and raise Catholic children, then she would probably have to hide these pictures from relatives."

Radwanska, who advanced to the semifinals of Wimbledon this year, has some surprising eating habits. The 5-foot-8, 120-pound Radwanska told ESPN The Magazine that she likes to eat a plate of pasta half an hour before she goes on the court. And she says she is quite the aficionado of the Cheesecake Factory.

"You can't beat a nice, home-cooked Polish meal," Radwanska said when asked about her favorite junk food. "But also McDonald's cheeseburgers or cheesecakes from The Cheesecake Factory. I am proud to say I have tried every single one!"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201307/tennis-stars-racy-photos-cost-her-job

..-)
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
Re: Agnieszka Radwanska shunned by church
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 01:55:14 PM »
Well.. I want to see her reaction to this. Reminds me of the time Mirza used to get death threats and warnings from the religious leaders for.. uh.. showing her face in public, wearing shorts/skirts, showing too much arm in her short sleeve tops.. um, what else.. sitting with her feet up on the interview table such that a photographer was able to take a picture with her feet pointed at the Indian national flag, and a whole lot of nonsense like that.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 01:56:43 PM »
well I have never been much of a religious guy, but this is silly.  ..-)

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 01:59:25 PM »
Good for her!

Now that she's been excomunicated, she can do full frontal.

What a body!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :scared:
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 03:12:03 PM »
Good for her!

Now that she's been excomunicated, she can do full frontal.

What a body!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  :scared:

:rofl_2:

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 03:13:52 PM »
from the same shoot:

Offline medwatt

• Tennis God
  • I am the most beautiful
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 06:14:37 PM »
First of all I am going to say I am indifferent in either perspective:
1. Perspective of a member of the male fauna
It is relatively easy to find more enthralling/attractive girls from any site displaying the full package. Radwanska is relatively a plain girl and more so when considering eastern European girls. So seeing her naked gives one no sudden kicks.
2. Perspective of a member from the church
Really!! Really !! Christianity seems to have become the religion where things are disregarded or dismissed while other things are considered profanation. I think they should be more concerned with their clerics raping young children and partaking in homosexual activities rather than focus on trivia on the expense of the more serious issues on getting more people joining Christianity than leaving.
The world awaits no genius

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 10:19:05 PM »
I can see it. Being a Christian myself (though in no way Catholic, but still), taking pictures like that is inviting men to look at you with lust. Why would she, if she were truly a 'devout Catholic', want to cause her brothers in Christ to stumble and struggle like that?

Rafa is the FIRST to qualify for WTF this year! :D

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2013, 10:48:12 PM »
I can see it. Being a Christian myself (though in no way Catholic, but still), taking pictures like that is inviting men to look at you with lust. Why would she, if she were truly a 'devout Catholic', want to cause her brothers in Christ to stumble and struggle like that?
lust, eh? inviting men to look at you? interesting  :innocent:

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2013, 11:42:35 PM »
lust, eh? inviting men to look at you? interesting  :innocent:

Depends on point of view.

Some religions make woman wear clothes covering the whole body and anything else is shunned.

Why would woman wear a skirt? It's scandulous, no?

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2013, 01:38:15 AM »
Divine ..............I'm So Beautiful

this is what lust is  :)

Offline Slasher1985

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2013, 01:42:36 AM »
OMG, that was freakin hilarious, Alex. :rofl_2:

This whole thread should really revolve around posts 1 and 6. The rest about religious nonsense is clogging it. :))

Online mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2013, 03:45:05 AM »
from the same shoot:

great body, but why they did not photo her face better, she looks less than appealing, in second thoughts, she looks like roger in this photo  :innocent:
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 03:46:25 AM by mimi »

BBM: The greatest romantic film of all times

Online ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2013, 05:55:11 AM »
from the same shoot:

great body, but why they did not photo her face better, she looks less than appealing, in second thoughts, she looks like roger in this photo  :innocent:

:rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:  :( :(
why did you post that ???? now, i can't look at her without remembering roger :/  :( :( :( :)~
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2013, 07:55:57 PM »
 :rofl_2:

TOMMY HAAS

Online mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2013, 10:19:16 PM »
Roger looks bettre than her  :// :rofl_2: :)~

BBM: The greatest romantic film of all times