Author Topic: CANADIAN MASTERS 2013 MONTREAL 2-11 August  (Read 7431 times)

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
Re: CANADIAN MASTERS 2013 MONTREAL 2-11 August
« Reply #180 on: August 09, 2013, 11:25:41 AM »
First of all, what was Mohamed (the umpire) looking at? pretty women in the crowd. I didn't expect this from him. Regardless how DP felt (injured or not), it wasn't fair to him. you never know if this point could have turned the match around.

Raonic should have conceived the point. He knew he had touched the net, the crowd knew it too. I'm disappointed with Milos  :\.

Hi Alex,
As I recall, the Chair Umpire claimed that his eye was on the ball and not on the bottom of the net, which is valid to me. To me, the question is, should he have done anything after viewing the relay tape?
I don't blame Del P being upset  :ranting:! Anybody would have been in that situation.
well, he should've. They replayed the point on that huge screen a few secs after the point. the Chair Umpire (Mohamed) did nothing, he just apologized, whatever.

I also lost respect for Raonic. Sorry. As much as I love Canadian guys this is a big no, no in my book. I've seen Djokovic and Federer and  many other players conceive the point in tight matches. Sorry, I'm pissed more at Raonic  than the umpire.

Raonic admitted that he touched the net in his after match press conference and then tried to play stupid.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 01:37:17 PM by Alex »

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #181 on: August 09, 2013, 11:45:47 AM »
Davydenko retired with some breathing problems after he was down 0:3. kinda bizarre. Feel bad for him but so happy for Vasek.

Offline Slasher1985

• Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
« Reply #182 on: August 09, 2013, 01:26:01 PM »
Wow, Vasek with an easy entry into a Masters semifinal. Clearly the highlight of his career. And I do think he could have beaten Davy if Davy could have played well. Now with a good chance to reach the final as well. His opponent is being decided now. :))

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #183 on: August 09, 2013, 03:38:16 PM »
I can't believe this. Gulbis got distracted by the crowd and whatever, serving 4 DF on his serve ... Milos breaks, but this is beyond stupid
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 03:38:54 PM by Alex »

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #184 on: August 09, 2013, 03:58:11 PM »
Gulbis again and again couldn't control his nerves. I was cheering for him. kinda still pissed at Raonic  :\. The crowd was also horrible cheering and clapping for all Ernest's DF, blah ... not cool at all ... I thought Canadians were more civilized.

we'll have now for sure a Canadian guy in the final. I hope it's Vasek  ://.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #185 on: August 09, 2013, 06:10:03 PM »
Its unacceptable for Raonic to go all silent like that when clearly and obviously he did touch the net.
This behavior could be labeled as cheating which I'm all against.

I remember Gonzalez-Blake match at Olympics. I'm fan of both players but when Gonzalez didn't admit he touched the ball before it went wide I was really disgusted. Fair play has to prevail always.

Thoughts the morning after:

I don't think it would have made any difference. Del P was way below form anyway, and Raonic was generally playing well.

The subsequent replay tape and the post-match interview made it clear that Raonic knew he had touched the net.

It is unreasonable to expect the Chair Umpire to rule on something he did not see directly. It would set a bad precedent.
  (Any comment from the resident chair-umps?)

It would have been wise and sportsmanlike for Raonic to have conceded the point. Stains like this, as Lugburz notes, do not wash out easily. Still, all of who have been round a long time have made similar misjudgments in our lifetimes and I sympathize with the young player's dilemma. He  was lucky to be on home turf.
Would that we were all as gentlemanly as you Sir.

I feel the same as Alex & Lug.
Am quite disappointed in Milos, but I'll keep your wise words in mind as I strive not to judge. ://
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #186 on: August 09, 2013, 06:37:09 PM »
Its unacceptable for Raonic to go all silent like that when clearly and obviously he did touch the net.
This behavior could be labeled as cheating which I'm all against.

I remember Gonzalez-Blake match at Olympics. I'm fan of both players but when Gonzalez didn't admit he touched the ball before it went wide I was really disgusted. Fair play has to prevail always.

Thoughts the morning after:

I don't think it would have made any difference. Del P was way below form anyway, and Raonic was generally playing well.

The subsequent replay tape and the post-match interview made it clear that Raonic knew he had touched the net.

It is unreasonable to expect the Chair Umpire to rule on something he did not see directly. It would set a bad precedent.
  (Any comment from the resident chair-umps?)

It would have been wise and sportsmanlike for Raonic to have conceded the point. Stains like this, as Lugburz notes, do not wash out easily. Still, all of who have been round a long time have made similar misjudgments in our lifetimes and I sympathize with the young player's dilemma. He  was lucky to be on home turf.

Even if I believe that it was a terrible moment for DelPo to happen, this is not a point at all.
It's definitely not about winning and losing, it's about preserving fair play and honor, which Raonic showed neither.

If he could have just apologized for it after the match, I'd forgive him, but after that terrible presser he just made it worse.

He's even originally from my country, had great respect for him and his attitude on court but now I'm really disgusted. Just showing how unbiased I am with this.

Big majority of the people criticized him for this, and yes he should be lucky this all happened at home crowd, that's why it might fade away sooner.
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #187 on: August 09, 2013, 06:53:24 PM »
Damn, watched Gulbis today  :\ Such a shame he couldn't do it, he was so close making the semis.

I really like the guy. At first, as most ppl I thought how much of an underachiever he is considering his talent, his laziness etc.
But screw it, he's THAT GOOD! I don't care about titles and records, his game is a joy to watch! That fh is a masterpiece, whatever you say. It's tennis. It was all about tennis, and this guy can play tennis. End of story.  ..-)

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #188 on: August 09, 2013, 08:04:19 PM »
Davydenko retired with some breathing problems after he was down 0:3. kinda bizarre. Feel bad for him but so happy for Vasek.

well even in his match vs Bogomolov he had medical time-out for coughing issues, so I wasn't surprised he ret. vs Vasek.

Vasek all the way to the finals! :cheer:

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #189 on: August 09, 2013, 09:48:35 PM »
Interesting, not even one single comment about the Djokovic/Gasquet match  :lmao:

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #190 on: August 09, 2013, 09:55:56 PM »
Interesting, not even one single comment about the Djokovic/Gasquet match  :lmao:

I think it's just silence before the storm tomorrow.

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #191 on: August 09, 2013, 11:08:22 PM »

I'm just trolling on MTF with/against Rafa tards. God, I can't stand them. Honest to God so many stupid people there. Rafa has some great fans there, but majority are just clueless fanatical kids ... then they go 'why does everyone hate Rafa', 'Rafa is the GOAT', 'Rafa owns everybody' blah, blah ... I just don't get it  :mad1:

The only reason I post there is because it's a much busier place and there are many educated smart people but there are too many retards who always manage to spoil a good party.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #192 on: August 10, 2013, 05:41:10 AM »
Damn, watched Gulbis today  :\ Such a shame he couldn't do it, he was so close making the semis.

I really like the guy. At first, as most ppl I thought how much of an underachiever he is considering his talent, his laziness etc.
But screw it, he's THAT GOOD! I don't care about titles and records, his game is a joy to watch! That fh is a masterpiece, whatever you say. It's tennis. It was all about tennis, and this guy can play tennis. End of story.  ..-)
://  My sentiments exactly.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #193 on: August 10, 2013, 05:45:51 AM »

I'm just trolling on MTF with/against Rafa tards. God, I can't stand them. Honest to God so many stupid people there. Rafa has some great fans there, but majority are just clueless fanatical kids ... then they go 'why does everyone hate Rafa', 'Rafa is the GOAT', 'Rafa owns everybody' blah, blah ... I just don't get it  :mad1:

The only reason I post there is because it's a much busier place and there are many educated smart people but there are too many retards who always manage to spoil a good party.
Thanks alot for dragging that drama queen Nekro back here. ;-()
That girl needs to get a life.  Oh well, school will be back in session soon.
Thank goodness she only posts in the soap opera section. :phew:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #194 on: August 10, 2013, 07:37:48 AM »
Pospisil definitely in the moment of his life, at the semis of a Masters. With what everyone's saying about Raonic (I didn't see it), I'm definitely pulling for Pospisil in the semis!

And, on the other side, another Rafa vs. Nole match. Should be fun to watch. I'm honestly pretty scared, though. Rafa's still making random awful errors here and there, and apparently Nole was so lethal against Gasquet that he slaughtered him before they had time to show it on ESPN2 :/ Did anyone see the match? Was Gasquet that bad or was Djoker that good? Or both?

Rafa is the FIRST to qualify for WTF this year! :D

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #195 on: August 10, 2013, 09:53:03 AM »
Pospisil definitely in the moment of his life, at the semis of a Masters. With what everyone's saying about Raonic (I didn't see it), I'm definitely pulling for Pospisil in the semis!

And, on the other side, another Rafa vs. Nole match. Should be fun to watch. I'm honestly pretty scared, though. Rafa's still making random awful errors here and there, and apparently Nole was so lethal against Gasquet that he slaughtered him before they had time to show it on ESPN2 :/ Did anyone see the match? Was Gasquet that bad or was Djoker that good? Or both?

Didn't see the match. I just figured Nole would win.

I'm looking foreward to the match today, I'm picking Nole but haven't seen much of him lately.

When Cincy starts interest will definitely pick up.
The top players will try to get their game in the best level and do well for a confidence boost coming into the USO.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #196 on: August 10, 2013, 11:06:25 AM »
If I want to know about soap operas I'll just ask some grandmas about it, don't think even little girls watch them anymore   ..-)
I certainly don't need it on TENNIS forums  :))
------------------------------------------------------------

I hope todays SF between Nadal and Nole will be more interesting than Wimbly final. Nadal could make Nole to go all offensive, which will definitely make this match a lot more interesting. 

TOMMY HAAS

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #197 on: August 10, 2013, 12:47:25 PM »
Well, it's definitely the winning formula against Rafa. Let's see if he has the confidence to do this. Not a given anymore.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #198 on: August 10, 2013, 04:13:53 PM »

Thanks alot for dragging that drama queen Nekro back here. ;-()
That girl needs to get a life.  Oh well, school will be back in session soon.
Thank goodness she only posts in the soap opera section. :phew:
well MT, I tried too hard to be logical with her/him. It didn't work out. I learned my lesson. She/he is just another Herc's recruit. I won't bother any more.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #199 on: August 10, 2013, 04:14:38 PM »
Go Vasek, you can do it   :)>>>>
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 04:17:32 PM by Alex »