Author Topic: Djokovic’s father in astonishing attack on Federer and Nadal  (Read 1646 times)

Online monstertruck

• Tennis God
Re: Djokovic’s father in astonishing attack on Federer and Nadal
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2013, 09:52:58 PM »
Yeah well, this is not a surprise!! Djokovic's dad has always been like this. Remember back in 2008 when Djokovic defeated Roger at the SFs and he went on to say to the press that Roger will NEVER beat Djokovic again from that point on?? LOOL... That's Djokovic's dad.. And I have never held Djokovic responsible for having such a BS dad.. I like Djokovic a lot and if his dad want's to make a fool of himself with stupid statements like that, I don't care, it doesn't change the image I have of Djokovic.. Bieng a very charismatic, funny and a terrific tennis player!

On your other comments... I agree completely with Monster here...

The difference between most players is a combination of everything. But attitude is half the battle. Always trying to improve, always working and is something that it's on their blood!!! You can have talent (See Safin), but if you're attitude of becoming and maintaining the top spot is not in your blood, well, talent can only do so much for you!
From the interviews I've read over the past 4 decades, the one common thread among the elite is that they hate to lose.
It's almost like they don't consider or care about winning, but not losing, especially to someone they think they should beat, is paramount.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2013, 10:52:51 PM »
As others have said, I'm not really surprised. Nole's dad has always been a monumental douchebag.

Rafa is the FIRST to qualify for WTF this year! :D

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2013, 03:39:33 AM »
As others have said, I'm not really surprised. Nole's dad has always been a monumental douchebag.
yeah for sure, and may I add that Don Uncle Mafia Toni is worse than stupid dad Srdjan  :insane:.

I can quote Don Toni, if you want me too. like wishing injuries to Novak and Roger (yeah he was joking whatever)  etc. gimme a break bud. 

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2013, 07:26:41 AM »
I dunno about worse, but as a Rafa fan, I definitely wish Uncle Toni would shut his piehole. As I'm sure you feel about Nole's dad. I don't hold it against Nole, just like I hope people don't hold Toni's comments against Nadal.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2013, 08:39:08 AM »
I dunno about worse, but as a Rafa fan, I definitely wish Uncle Toni would shut his piehole. As I'm sure you feel about Nole's dad. I don't hold it against Nole, just like I hope people don't hold Toni's comments against Nadal.
that's my point too, they both are driving me crazy. Daddy Srdjan and Uncle Toni. every time they try to say something it actually turns out to be stupid  :\. Neither of them are doing any favor to Nole or Rafa.

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2013, 07:31:10 AM »
So true. At least Nole's done something about it in the past. He made his parents stop coming to matches at one point, didn't he?

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2013, 04:46:51 PM »
So true. At least Nole's done something about it in the past. He made his parents stop coming to matches at one point, didn't he?
yeah, he did. He didn't let his own parents to watch his matches for almost two years.

and I don't think his dad will be allowed to talk at all for a while. Nole and Rafa are cool. Rafa said himself 'if you want to know about me and Nole, ask Nole, not his father', which was a very smart answer. Nole's also said that whatever his dad said does not reflect his opinion and his relationship with Rafa ... he  sort of refereed to his own dad by being too silly to say stuff like that. 

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2013, 09:46:01 PM »
Something for Nole's dad to think about now.  :)

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2013, 09:52:27 PM »
I wish Rafa would tell Toni to shut up, but I think he's a bit too scared of big bad Uncle Toni.

Offline NADAL2005RG

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2013, 03:09:50 AM »
http://zeenews.india.com/sports/tennis/us-open-2012/djokovic-says-he-cant-be-friends-with-murray-nadal-or-federer_748572.html
“I can’t be friends with Andy, though. I really like the guy — but how can you go and be best friends with a guy who you know you are going to be doing battle with? It is true for myself, Roger, Rafa and now Andy. We like each other and there is mutual respect but common sense tells you we can’t be best friends and hang out,”

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-1389547/Novak-Djokovic-I-mates-Andy-Murray-Rafael-Nadal-fighting-place-history.html
“Sometimes, I have dinner with Andy or Rafa; but the reality is none of us can be real mates while we are fighting for history.“

“It is not too far way,” Toni Nadal told The Australian after Nadal collected the 13th major of his career by mowing down Novak Djokovic in an electrifying final of the US Open. “It is getting very, very close for Rafa to be level with Roger or more.”

Offline tio_toni

• Tennis Player
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2013, 04:46:57 PM »
Gymnast Sr. sounds bitter  :hysterical: