Author Topic: CINCINNATI MASTERS 2013, 12-18 August  (Read 10589 times)

Online williamchung7

• Tennis God
Re: CINCINNATI MASTERS 2013, 12-18 August
« Reply #260 on: August 16, 2013, 08:44:42 PM »
Good match. Fed is playing much better tennis again.  :king:

The BH was the liability again.  :(

I think I have enough. It is brutal to watch same pattern happen again and again. I feel tired.
Sorry, I don't have strong heart.

Nadal always goes for the BH. Fed tried to run around it as much as possible.

Fed should also get a little better for the USO.  :cool:

It perhap the 1st time I really feel no support to Federer. I will watch Jerzy in this year US open, but I will still watch some Federer's matches.
It is my 1st experience to watch my favourite sport players declining.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 08:52:02 PM by williamchung7 »

Offline NADAL2005RG

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #261 on: August 16, 2013, 08:45:51 PM »
Fed should go for a broke. He is letting Rafa dictating the play.

I think the difference was Nadal's backhand improved in the 2nd/3rd sets. In the 1st set Nadal wasn't using his backhand as a weapon, so Federer was cashing in. Federer was winning most of the rallies of 10 shots or more. Nadal's backhand went up a notch and Federer was left with less attacking opportunities.

Welcome to the forum BTW. Good win for your player.  :)

Thanks  :)) Scary win too. Nadal will be seeded #2 at US Open if he wins Cincy. It became a very big event when Murray lost.
“It is not too far way,” Toni Nadal told The Australian after Nadal collected the 13th major of his career by mowing down Novak Djokovic in an electrifying final of the US Open. “It is getting very, very close for Rafa to be level with Roger or more.”

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #262 on: August 16, 2013, 08:47:49 PM »

I think the difference was Nadal's backhand improved in the 2nd/3rd sets. In the 1st set Nadal wasn't using his backhand as a weapon, so Federer was cashing in. Federer was winning most of the rallies of 10 shots or more. Nadal's backhand went up a notch and Federer was left with less attacking opportunities.

Thanks  :)) Scary win too. Nadal will be seeded #2 at US Open if he wins Cincy. It became a very big event when Murray lost.

I'm not sure what these players are thinking.
Djokovic should have been very intense as he was going for the "complete" masters set.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #263 on: August 16, 2013, 08:48:07 PM »
Yep, welcome to the forums, Nadal2005RG  :))

Heck, how could we call you?  ..-)
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #264 on: August 16, 2013, 08:52:54 PM »
Lol

Roger challenged everything tonight but takes a pass on MP!

DOH!!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

I found it odd, too.

That was a good call to be challenged.

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #265 on: August 16, 2013, 08:52:54 PM »

How about NRG?  Or we'll think of something eventually.  :dunno:

Offline NADAL2005RG

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #266 on: August 16, 2013, 08:53:39 PM »

I'm not sure what these players are thinking.
Djokovic should have been very intense as he was going for the "complete" masters set.

Djokovic looked very frustrated throughout, but Murray looked like he was walking a dog in the park. Weird, considering Murray may now find himself facing Djokovic in the US Open semis. I like Nadal's chances vs Berdych obviously, but Del Potro-Nadal is a fierce matchup indeed, so plenty of work still to be done.

Thanks for calling, glad I could help the forum  ://
“It is not too far way,” Toni Nadal told The Australian after Nadal collected the 13th major of his career by mowing down Novak Djokovic in an electrifying final of the US Open. “It is getting very, very close for Rafa to be level with Roger or more.”

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #267 on: August 16, 2013, 08:55:58 PM »
Good match. Fed is playing much better tennis again.  :king:

The BH was the liability again.  :(

I think I have enough. It is brutal to watch same pattern happen again and again. I feel tired.
Sorry, I don't have strong heart.

Nadal always goes for the BH. Fed tried to run around it as much as possible.

Fed should also get a little better for the USO.  :cool:

It perhap the 1st time I really feel no support to Federer. I will watch Jerzy in this year US open, but I will still watch some Federer's matches.
It is my 1st experience to watch my favourite sport players declining.

Fed is not playing his best yet, he'll improve for sure.

He has to spend a lot of time on the BH, he's done it before and it can be pretty solid.
If he doesn't then it gets poor rather quickly.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #268 on: August 16, 2013, 09:00:40 PM »
Fed didn't play his best tennis overall today. But in that last game from 0-40, it was as good as in can get. Mesmerizing stuff indeed.

TOMMY HAAS

Offline NADAL2005RG

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #269 on: August 16, 2013, 09:03:30 PM »
Federer fans really hate what they are seeing I think. But I never got a sense of melancholy when my favorite basketball player Michael Jordan was declining. Even when he came back to play for Washington Wizards and was slower and lower. I actually think I enjoyed him at age 38-40 more than the earlier years, because it was really interesting to watch how he went about the game without his athleticism. Showed another dimension to his greatness. Jordan age 38-40 relied more on his skills then ever, and less on his athleticism. I guess a different situation somewhat to Federer's type of decline. Jordan's actual skills never declined, just his speed/quickness/vertical, whereas maybe Federer is losing because of his skills declining (not just his movement).

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #270 on: August 16, 2013, 09:04:37 PM »
Fed didn't play his best tennis overall today. But in that last game from 0-40, it was as good as in can get. Mesmerizing stuff indeed.

That was good for sure. He didn't give up at all.

Did you see the look he had after the handshake. Looked very disappointed.

Nadal is now 7-6 H2H on hardcourts I believe.

Offline NADAL2005RG

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #271 on: August 16, 2013, 09:06:31 PM »

That was good for sure. He didn't give up at all.

Did you see the look he had after the handshake. Looked very disappointed.

Nadal is now 7-6 H2H on hardcourts I believe.

I must admit, I was very nervous before today's match, because I always wanted Nadal to lead the hardcourt H2H. And I knew Cincy was Federer's best chance to beat Nadal (apart from the World Tour Finals).

Looking at it from Federer's perspective, he'd be pretty upset about this because:
- he was fairly close to winning
- he would have liked to keep the hardcourt h2h lead
- he maybe felt like he should beat Nadal on this type of hardcourt
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 09:09:06 PM by NADAL2005RG »

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #272 on: August 16, 2013, 09:06:54 PM »
yeah,  I forgot to say. Welcome to the board NRG. that's your new nick, we can't type NadalRG2005 every time. hope you like it  :).

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #273 on: August 16, 2013, 09:10:31 PM »
Federer fans really hate what they are seeing I think. But I never got a sense of melancholy when my favorite basketball player Michael Jordan was declining. Even when he came back to play for Washington Wizards and was slower and lower. I actually think I enjoyed him at age 38-40 more than the earlier years, because it was really interesting to watch how he went about the game without his athleticism. Showed another dimension to his greatness. Jordan age 38-40 relied more on his skills then ever, and less on his athleticism. I guess a different situation somewhat to Federer's type of decline. Jordan's actual skills never declined, just his speed/quickness/vertical, whereas maybe Federer is losing because of his skills declining (not just his movement).
all true except that this board is a bit different. you won't find any Fed fans hating Rafa or anybody else and vice versa. We joke a lot but that's it. This is not MTF or TW. I already like you btw. You seem like a normal regular guy.

Offline NADAL2005RG

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #274 on: August 16, 2013, 09:12:52 PM »

How about NRG?  Or we'll think of something eventually.  :dunno:

NRG are my 3 favorite letters of the alphabet thanks  :king:

yeah,  I forgot to say. Welcome to the board NRG. that's your new nick, we can't type NadalRG2005 every time. hope you like it  :).

Amen to that ://

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #275 on: August 16, 2013, 09:13:29 PM »

My sentiments exactly  :ZZZZZ) :))

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #276 on: August 16, 2013, 09:15:53 PM »
all true except that this board is a bit different. you won't find any Fed fans hating Rafa or anybody else and vice versa. We joke a lot but that's it. This is not MTF or TW. I already like you btw. You seem like a normal regular guy.

Agreed, and good call on Jordan. I liked him in Wash as well.

It's just, tennis is much more demanding in late years, for obvious reasons. And considering that nowadays tennis leans more to athleticism than skills, it's even harder for players from his generation.

TOMMY HAAS

Offline NADAL2005RG

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #277 on: August 16, 2013, 09:17:48 PM »

I saw some of the worst sports fans ever on MTF and TW. What an immature mess those places are. I wonder if there are a hundred 7-year-olds there or just really misguided adults/teens  :(
Thanks   :))

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #278 on: August 16, 2013, 09:19:44 PM »

It's just, tennis is much more demanding in late years, for obvious reasons. And considering that nowadays tennis leans more to athleticism than skills, it's even harder for players from his generation.

Jordan was my player, he had everything a great player should have.

And with the Wizards he had dropped down quite a bit but it didn't bother me at all.
I just wanted to see him play.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #279 on: August 16, 2013, 09:21:14 PM »

Jordan was my player, he had everything a great player should have.

And with the Wizards he had dropped down quite a bit but it didn't bother me at all.
I just wanted to see him play.

Same with Haas, in my case. Except Haas is actually rolling back his prime years again, almost  :))
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 09:21:52 PM by Lugburz »

TOMMY HAAS