Author Topic: Monica Seles - Vintage Shots  (Read 335 times)

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
Monica Seles - Vintage Shots
« on: July 25, 2013, 12:31:41 PM »
tribute to her. a little girl who started grunting but it was natural to her, it didn't bother me at that time. Her ability to hit winners from out of nowhere is legendary.

many girls who are playing nowadays got trained to grunt.

however this girl had a killer instinct. she was that GOOD. one in a million.

In 1990, at the age of 16, Seles became the youngest-ever French Open champion.

Monica Seles - Vintage Shots (1 of 3)

Monica Seles Vintage Shots (2 of 3)

Monica Seles Vintage Shots (3 of 3)

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
Re: Monica Seles - Vintage Shots
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 12:36:56 PM »
then, this happened  :depressed:
Monica Seles stabbing - documentary clip

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 12:41:22 PM »
How far would this girl go? I still wonder.

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 06:26:02 AM »
graf for sure would not have won so many grand slams if not for that stabbling  ..-)

BBM: The greatest romantic film of all times

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 03:31:57 PM »
graf for sure would not have won so many grand slams if not for that stabbling  ..-)

well the 'sick guy' made it. he didn't serve a one single day  ..-), because he was 'sick and unstable' ... this still makes me so mad after 20 years. Monica was robbed of her life . 

then still you have crazy fans trying to do stupid stuff, like that guy kissing Nadal, here ... he could've brought a knife
Rafael Nadal's US Open Kiss

then with Fed too, scary sh!t
FEDERER ATTACKED BY CRAZY TENNIS FAN !!! (The video's owner prevents external embedding)

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 05:15:44 AM »

well the 'sick guy' made it. he didn't serve a one single day  ..-), because he was 'sick and unstable' ... this still makes me so mad after 20 years. Monica was robbed of her life . 

then still you have crazy fans trying to do stupid stuff, like that guy kissing Nadal, here ... he could've brought a knife
Rafael Nadal's US Open Kiss

then with Fed too, scary sh!t
FEDERER ATTACKED BY CRAZY TENNIS FAN !!!

I feel better now, but i was very angry and sad at that time.  I didn't follow much tennis at that time, but i knew that Graf was the queen but i didn't much like her coz she seemed a bit cold but then aftre some day, I read that a 17 years old girl from Yugoslavia took her no.1 ranking!  Though I still did not follow her/tennis that much aftrewards (we got little tennis coverage on tv and y know there was no internet at that time for me to watch tennis on computer), but i immediately got to admire her coz from what I saw, Graf was almsot unbeatable.   Then the stabbling and I was with great sympathy with her.......... but when she came back, she was never the same again, the winning fire that she once had was gone ....... :( :(

BBM: The greatest romantic film of all times