Author Topic: The Castle vol. #1  (Read 18557 times)

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
Re: The Castle vol. #1 - A place for true friends
« Reply #560 on: September 02, 2013, 10:48:36 AM »
I think tipsy might encounter some difficulty against ferru. I am not sure if tipsy can last 5 sets against ferru.

milos vs gasquet is quite interesting. I have no idea who is going to take that one.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #561 on: September 02, 2013, 10:49:53 AM »
thanks for posting the order of play general masterclass.

:)) :))

I am ready for the roger and nadal matches today. that is must see television.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #562 on: September 02, 2013, 10:50:04 AM »

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #563 on: September 02, 2013, 10:54:28 AM »
nobody wants tim tebow in the NFL:

It’s not getting any easier for Tim Tebow.
Tim Tebow          THE LATEST ON TEBOW   After being cut by the Patriots on Saturday and clearing waivers, Tebow got some advice from his former quarterback coach – but it probably isn’t what Tebow wants to hear.
   "It's time now to maybe just reconsider a different path to his ultimate dream. Tim might want to look to the CFL because he may have run out of options in the NFL,'' Steve Clarkson told USA Today on Sunday. "Sitting is not an option for Tim. He's ultra-competitive. He needs to stick to his strength, which is being in a competitive environment.
   "Anyone who wants to work on their craft the way Tim does, he just needs to give himself a couple of days and really decide, 'Is this what I want to do?' Clearly, football is still in his blood.''
   Clarkson worked with Tebow on his mechanics in February. Tebow, 26, completed just 11 of 30 attempts for 145 yards with two touchdowns and three interceptions in the preseason.
   Tebow played with the Jets last season, attempting just eight passes for 39 yards in 12 games.

Offline masterclass

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #564 on: September 02, 2013, 11:14:02 AM »
Let's hope they get to play.  85 F. and thunderstorms predicted all afternoon.

Tipsarevic - Ferrer could be a very close match if Tipsarevic can play near his best.

They went to a 5th set tiebreaker in last year's US Open with David snatching the tb 7-4.

Raonic - Gasquet - yeah, hard to say.  Neither has advanced beyond the 4th round at the USO.  Raonic has the lone victory in their H2H at Cinci last year. But that was a best out of 3, favoring the big server.  Who has the better best of 5 record when it goes 4 or 5 sets?  5 sets it's Gasquet - but a poor record of 5-12 and #254 on the reliability list.  Milos is not on the top 259 list.  He's not on the top list for deciders, while Gasquet has a fair record - close to 60%.

Federer and Nadal should get it done.  Robredo can be a tough customer if he is in the mood, except he's never beaten Federer in 10 attempts and has not done well against Federer on the somewhat faster hc events.  Kohlschreiber has only beaten Rafa in 1 of 10, on the grass at Halle.  So that would be a surprise, but I think he can play Rafa a bit tougher.  He has won a set from Rafa in each of the 5 hard court matches they played.

Respectfully,
masterclass
Legends of Tennis

Offline masterclass

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #565 on: September 02, 2013, 11:19:48 AM »
By the way, did anyone see the Murray match yesterday?

He was horrible in the first set. And breathing hard like he had eaten too much before the match.  He had ice bags around his neck like it was the 5th set on a 90 F. day.

Mayer had many chances to put him away in the first set, but just couldn't execute on all the key points.

But then almost miraculously, after winning the first set in the tiebreaker, Murray took his hat off, and ran through the next two sets like it was nothing.  Strange match.

Respectfully,
masterclass
Legends of Tennis

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #566 on: September 02, 2013, 11:28:05 AM »
guys I have to say that berdych looked the best yesterday. he just could not do anything wrong yesterday.

it is possible he could have beaten nole yesterday had they played.

now the trick for berdych is produce that level of play on more consistent basis.

I missed the murray match yesterday general masterclass as I was out all day. I hear he started to get better as the match would wear on.

Offline masterclass

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #567 on: September 02, 2013, 11:28:12 AM »
nobody wants tim tebow in the NFL:

It’s not getting any easier for Tim Tebow.
Tim Tebow          THE LATEST ON TEBOW   After being cut by the Patriots on Saturday and clearing waivers, Tebow got some advice from his former quarterback coach – but it probably isn’t what Tebow wants to hear.
   "It's time now to maybe just reconsider a different path to his ultimate dream. Tim might want to look to the CFL because he may have run out of options in the NFL,'' Steve Clarkson told USA Today on Sunday. "Sitting is not an option for Tim. He's ultra-competitive. He needs to stick to his strength, which is being in a competitive environment.
   "Anyone who wants to work on their craft the way Tim does, he just needs to give himself a couple of days and really decide, 'Is this what I want to do?' Clearly, football is still in his blood.''
   Clarkson worked with Tebow on his mechanics in February. Tebow, 26, completed just 11 of 30 attempts for 145 yards with two touchdowns and three interceptions in the preseason.
   Tebow played with the Jets last season, attempting just eight passes for 39 yards in 12 games.

He's only what, 25, general?  Maybe he'll go to the CFL and Montreal.  Or maybe Buffalo or Jacksonville.  They look like they might need someone.  Did he ever play fullback general?  It would be neat to see him play there and run option plays  :))

Respectfully,
masterclass
Legends of Tennis

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #568 on: September 02, 2013, 12:14:33 PM »
he should have never gone to the patriots in the first place general masterclass.

he knew he had no chance to play there with tom brady around.

he and his agent should have been able to ink a deal with CFL already. I have been saying that for 2 years now.

religious fanatics usually finish last anyway. there will be time enough for his religion. he should end his obsession with all those speaking engagements and all that foundation work.

why not let the family and his brothers handle the foundation work while he works on his passing and his game hard for a year or 2.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #569 on: September 02, 2013, 12:17:48 PM »
we all know that he is of the highest possible character and that he is a man of faith.

but it may be costing him a career in the NFL. just a thought here.

it is hard for me to believe that one of the most celebrated college football players ever cant find a job in the NFL.

he showed he can win. in fact all he does is win.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #570 on: September 02, 2013, 12:45:00 PM »
nadal is back in davis cup action later this month:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/tennis-nadal-davis-cup-return-spain-151531335--ten.html

Rafa Nadal has returned to the Spain team as they seek to maintain their Davis Cup World Group status with a playoff tie against Ukraine in Madrid later this month, captain Alex Corretja said on Monday.
The world number two, currently competing at the U.S. Open in New York, has not represented his country since helping them to a 3-1 triumph against Argentina in the 2011 final in Seville, Spain's fifth victory in the competition.

He will join up with Tommy Robredo, Fernando Verdasco and Marc Lopez for the Sept. 13-15 match on his favoured clay at Madrid's Magic Box arena, Corretja told a news conference.

"Nadal brings vitality and optimism and when I spoke to him in New York he expressed a lot of strength and desire," Corretja said.

Offline masterclass

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #571 on: September 02, 2013, 12:54:08 PM »
I don't know General.  I'm not following American football that much anymore even though I was a big Redskin fan for many years.

Tebow looks too massive to me for QB.  What does he weigh?  250?   I would like to see him no more than 215-220.  He's 6'3.  Joe Montana was 6'2 and 205.  Terry Bradshaw is a big boned guy at 6'3 from good old Shreveport, Louisiana and weighed around 215-220.  Dan Marino  6'4 and 225.  Why the heck is Tebow so big?  Eating too much down home cooking?   I wager his mechanics and his footwork would be improved if he lost some of that bulk.  But what do I know?  :)) :))

Respectfully,
masterclass
Legends of Tennis

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #572 on: September 02, 2013, 01:00:01 PM »
that is one of the reasons why he is not as good as he used to be general masterclass.

he is too damn bulky. he was slimmer and far more mobile in college. he has to end his obsession with very heavy weight lifting. he is never going to be able to run over people in the NFL. I am sure that is one of his motivation for being so bulky.

but he is not going to be allowed to play in the NFL anyway. they don't want him in the NFL.

but NFL also takes the blame for killing his game and his development: 2 years out of action if you are a quarterback at the NFL level is too much deficit to overcome.

he has lost his magic but at the same time they never gave him even 1/2 a chance either.

there are no options left. it is either arena football or the CFL.

Offline masterclass

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #573 on: September 02, 2013, 01:03:19 PM »
Good news for Spanish Davis Cup general.

Respectfully,
masterclass
Legends of Tennis

Offline masterclass

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #574 on: September 02, 2013, 01:08:36 PM »
The rain looks like it has stopped for now.  But they are so ridiculous at the US Open.  Using these little mini-Zamboni machines to soak up the water and dry out the court and squeegees and people mopping up water with towels.  By the time they finished, it will probably start raining again.

They never heard of tarpaulin covers and drains?  If there is concern about condensation, put some blowers under the covers like they do at Wimbledon.  But really, if they can cover the courts at Wimbledon, do it in New York. This is not rocket science. Put some on the courts right away, and take them off when it stops raining and you can be playing in 5 minutes.  Sheesh, borrow or rent some from the Yankees or Mets if they can't afford to buy them.

We won't even talk about a couple of roofs on the stadiums.

Respectfully,
masterclass
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 01:19:21 PM by masterclass »
Legends of Tennis

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #575 on: September 02, 2013, 01:12:17 PM »
u.s. open desperately needs a sunday start. it has been raining there for 5 years running.

somebody tell those idiot organizers there to get out of the dark ages.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #576 on: September 02, 2013, 01:21:51 PM »
lets get fired up about davis cup. it happens soon:

http://www.daviscup.com/en/home.aspx

WORLD GROUP PLAY-OFFS13-15 Sep 2013
  • Spain flagSpain v Ukraine flagUkraineCaja Mágica, Madrid, Spain
  • Netherlands flagNetherlands v Austria flagAustriaMartiniPlaza, Groningen, Netherlands
  • Croatia flagCroatia v Great Britain flagGreat BritainStadion Stella Maris, Umag, Croatia
  • Switzerland flagSwitzerland v Ecuador flagEcuadorPatinoire du Littoral, Neuchatel, Switzerland
  • Germany flagGermany v Brazil flagBrazilRatiopharm Arena, Ulm, Neu-Ulm, Germany
  • Poland flagPoland v Australia flagAustraliaTorwar Hall, Warsaw, Poland
  • Belgium flagBelgium v Israel flagIsraelLotto Arena, Antwerp, Belgium
  • Japan flagJapan v Colombia flagColombiaAriake Coliseum, Tokyo, Japan

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #577 on: September 02, 2013, 01:24:24 PM »
The new face of men's tennis in Poland will have to overcome a back injury if he is to take part in what he has described as being "the most important match in Polish tennis".
Wimbledon semifinalist Jerzy Janowicz suffered from "knife-like" pains in his lower back when he was serving during the US Open and results of an MRI scan on the affected area will dictate whether the Pole can take part in the World Group play-off against Australia next week.
"I will try my best to be ready for this match," Janowicz assured fans, but added "I can't serve", which limits his powerful game against a side that will more than likely include former world No. 1 Lleyton Hewitt, who has rolled back the years at Flushing Meadows.
Hewitt, who is through to the last 16 at the US Open, where he will play Mikhail Youzhny on Tuesday, told the assembled media that the reason he still plays tennis is for the majors and for Davis Cup.
How he would love to lead his country back to the top flight in a competition that he holds so dear to his heart. To do that against an in-form Polish team, he will need the support of Bernard Tomic.
The young Australian made an early exit at the US Open, falling in four sets to Great Britain's Dan Evans.
"They [Poland] have a very good team," said Tomic.
“We've got to prepare well the next week. I know the boys will. I know the whole team will. I'll work hard because it's Davis Cup. The tie is very important to us. We had a chance last year and missed it. And the year before, very close. We'll be ready for this one. Hopefully we can win this time."

Offline masterclass

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #578 on: September 02, 2013, 01:28:37 PM »
Ok, after about 1/2 hour of the mini machines mopping up, the court finally appears ready for play.  Remember, too much rain, and it's possible the water will start seeping up through the court.   Yeah, remember Roddick-Ferrer a couple of years ago?

Roddick outburst over water on court at US Open

Respectfully,
masterclass
Legends of Tennis

Offline masterclass

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #579 on: September 02, 2013, 01:31:28 PM »
Janowicz will have to be ready for Poland to have a chance.  They have a very good doubles team, but they can't depend on Kubot for two singles wins.  So Jurek and Poland will have to hope his back gets better very soon.

Respectfully,
masterclass
Legends of Tennis