Author Topic: The Castle vol. #1  (Read 16285 times)

Offline propstoart

• Tennis God
  • Fighting Fair
Re: The Castle vol. #1 - A place for true friends
« Reply #680 on: September 03, 2013, 12:15:55 PM »
No offense to Tommy or you, Lugburz.. but Roger cannot expect to fly under the radar through the season, trying to make the odd ATP 500 event final..

I just do not see him being contended with 'playing' on the tour. I got massive respect for Hass, Hewitt for fighting against younger, hungrier men, every match almost. Federer, however, has been dominant for so many years (although not for the past 3).. Even if he decides to endure the short-term pain of serial defeats in his pursuit of re-launching an assault on the Slams, with a better racquet, he will have to face the disappointment, disillusionment of not meeting his own expectations, let alone the media, fans, etc.. This could take its toll on his motivation to play on the Tour.

Also, it is not just his game which fluctuates, day-to-day, but also his physical fitness (which he has managed well over most of his career).. I am possibly being selfish here, but I don't see any point in him soldiering on, when his days of Slam glory are definitely over. What drove Connors to carry on playing for so long - he must be insane or made of titanium?? ;-()

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #681 on: September 03, 2013, 12:25:52 PM »
None taken, but I believe the sooner Fed fans realize he can't be dominant forever, the better.
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Nikki

• Tennis Player
« Reply #682 on: September 03, 2013, 12:27:07 PM »
Frankfurt in the morning can be very crowded too when you have to take a metro. When I still went to uni, I would sometimes let a few crowded metros pass until I go onto one of them. It is better to wait than to feel like you are going to pass out for 20 minutes because the mass of people barely lets you breathe.  :rofl_2:

I have been to Frankfurt.

I did not have any time to get around and see the city. it was in september. it seemed quite cold there.

The weather changes way too quickly here. One day it can be hot as hell and the next day you are freezing off your ass. It is really insane.  ..-)

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #683 on: September 03, 2013, 12:38:11 PM »
ok I have that site up and running.

http://castleknights.createaforum.com/index.php?board=1.0

it is just experimental stuff. we are not trying to compete against anyone. and we are not going anywhere. we may as well make our permanent home here at tennis4you.  I know scott. I have his support. he knows and understands my character.

I hurt his feelings once. I don't intend to do that again.

anyway have a look at this place. it will be just another way to stay in touch. by no means this will be the final forum. at some point I might consider a forum with some commercial capability. this one is just to learn a few things on.

its just a little toy to play around with. maybe we can learn a little bit about what is involved in a forum.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 12:59:35 PM by Clay Death »

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #684 on: September 03, 2013, 12:48:37 PM »
Frankfurt in the morning can be very crowded too when you have to take a metro. When I still went to uni, I would sometimes let a few crowded metros pass until I go onto one of them. It is better to wait than to feel like you are going to pass out for 20 minutes because the mass of people barely lets you breathe.  :rofl_2:

I hear hamburg is the place to see.

:)) :))

I have been to Frankfurt.

I did not have any time to get around and see the city. it was in september. it seemed quite cold there.

The weather changes way too quickly here. One day it can be hot as hell and the next day you are freezing off your ass. It is really insane.  ..-)

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #685 on: September 03, 2013, 01:10:50 PM »

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #686 on: September 03, 2013, 01:50:12 PM »
youzhny and Hewitt putting on quite a show out there.

Hewitt had a chance to serve out the 3rd set but youzhny proved too tough.

Offline EnriqueIG8

• Tennis God
  • Tots Units Fem Força
« Reply #687 on: September 03, 2013, 04:04:17 PM »
Hey old pals!
Fill In The Draw @ T4U
Ranking: #1 (High: #1)
Titles: 7 [Australian Open, Auckland, Zagreb, San Jose, Marseille, Delray Beach & MS Monte Carlo]

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #688 on: September 03, 2013, 04:37:34 PM »
que pasa general Javier the fearless.

check your pm general.

by the way general slasher has suggested that we leave our options open with tennis frontier.

I don't have any problems with that. we will let some time pass and then see if they are willing to negotiate.

they have to give the castle top billing and they need my and your name at the top in green letters. that means we need to be the mods of the castle.

they also cannot delete and edit like crazy like they did. general masterclass said they deleted and added 6-7 pages.

I never go back and look but I am sure they did that.

that kind of meddling and controlling reduces us to being 2nd class citizens. we are not going to be 2nd class citizens.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 04:40:30 PM by Clay Death »

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #689 on: September 03, 2013, 04:39:09 PM »
I thought yesterday that marcel might be able to make it competitive because he is so good at the net.

he is getting blown away by nole.

Offline propstoart

• Tennis God
  • Fighting Fair
« Reply #690 on: September 03, 2013, 06:16:39 PM »
None taken, but I believe the sooner Fed fans realize he can't be dominant forever, the better.
Wise words, friend. The mind knoweth, but the heart doth not!  :(
Enuf tragedy! How are you feeling about Mou back in the hot seat at Chelsea? Seems to have frozen out Mata [repeat of Kaka's treatment], the Blues' best player from last season.. Seems, once Mou's made up his mind that a player is kak, that fella is deadwood  :)) Personally, I don't have a favourite to win the EPL, but I must admit, Mou has timed him return to perfection - Man U, Man City are in transition. Liverpool have started brightly. I'd welcome your thoughts..

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #691 on: September 03, 2013, 06:26:26 PM »
order of play:

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/schedule/schedule16.html

nadal gets the night match tomorrow night.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #692 on: September 03, 2013, 06:36:46 PM »
Enuf tragedy! How are you feeling about Mou back in the hot seat at Chelsea? Seems to have frozen out Mata [repeat of Kaka's treatment], the Blues' best player from last season.. Seems, once Mou's made up his mind that a player is kak, that fella is deadwood  :)) Personally, I don't have a favourite to win the EPL, but I must admit, Mou has timed him return to perfection - Man U, Man City are in transition. Liverpool have started brightly. I'd welcome your thoughts..

Always admired Mourinho. He has a special place in the hearts of Chelsea fans.
Never gonna forget the chants about him at the bridge when I went to London.

Some weird move though loaning out Lukaku and getting Eto but what do you know, we'll have to trust Mourinho  :)

I have a great feeling about this year, and the squad is awesome. Schurlle is a great addition.

Always hated Man City, now even more. Man U even fierce rivals, always had respect for them, so that won't change. Shame we couldn't get Rooney but it's ok.

Liverpool are stronger this season, so they might be up for CL spot this year. And Everton with Lukaku will be there as well.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 06:37:27 PM by Lugburz »
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #693 on: September 03, 2013, 09:13:42 PM »
I have a little place that is worth checking out.

it could be a start of something big. of course I am starting from scratch so it will take time.

at some point I might upgrade to a really cool commercial forum but that is going to be at least 9-12 months away.

anyway this place is just to learn a few things about forums and also to stay somewhat connected with some people.

so we will see how it goes.

I have absolutely no intentions of leaving here. I believe I will make this place my permanent home.

but I do relish the challenge of starting with just about nothing. that is the way of the warrior. nothing ventured, nothing gained.

failure, to a warrior, consists only in no longer trying.

so this is the place:

http://castleknights.createaforum.com/index.php?board=1.0

:)) :))

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #694 on: September 03, 2013, 09:35:14 PM »
hello friends :ice cream:

BBM: The greatest romantic film of all times

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #695 on: September 04, 2013, 04:22:34 AM »
Well, everyone is resting everywhere.

Then rest up folks, we have some business coming up with the top players.  :king:

Nole does look better than recently so no use talking about that, it must be decided on the court.  :)>>>>

Offline propstoart

• Tennis God
  • Fighting Fair
« Reply #696 on: September 04, 2013, 06:59:09 AM »

Always admired Mourinho. He has a special place in the hearts of Chelsea fans.
Never gonna forget the chants about him at the bridge when I went to London.

Some weird move though loaning out Lukaku and getting Eto but what do you know, we'll have to trust Mourinho  :)

I have a great feeling about this year, and the squad is awesome. Schurlle is a great addition.

Always hated Man City, now even more. Man U even fierce rivals, always had respect for them, so that won't change. Shame we couldn't get Rooney but it's ok.

Liverpool are stronger this season, so they might be up for CL spot this year. And Everton with Lukaku will be there as well.

Yep, Mou is the kind of guy you want in your team, especially when the pressure is on.. I kinda lost faith in him watching his Chelsea/RM teams play on the counter-attack in the big games.. Always felt, he shackled his men a little too tight (watching Robben terrorize his way to CL glory was very satisfying.. Remember his days at Chelsea, so much promise).. Still, the man is a winner and that is something to be respected.
Chelsea have options enough in attack. I don't rate Rooney that highly - if he was pegged down by Sir Alex, he must have let standards slide.
Mou got the old dog Eto'o back, he knows something about Lukaku, Ba that we don't, I suppose?? I wish the Blues the best.. This season will be interesting..

Offline Nekro t4u

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #697 on: September 04, 2013, 07:55:05 AM »
A serious matter that still hasn't been dealt with, Alex, the raging racist of the board who trolled off a nice poster (Emma) and shocked many posters and readers on the site is still working behind the scenes to intimidate harmless posters with his racist attacks....... If the racist troublemaker is dealt  with maybe Indian and coloured people in general will find peace on t4u at last and maybe the sweetheart of the board Emma will come back too :)

Alex just sent me this racist pm, let's not forget he's convinced I'm Indian:

Offline Slasher1985

• Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
« Reply #698 on: September 04, 2013, 08:13:42 AM »
Nekro,

Please report the troublesome PM. Only an Admin can see the contents of a PM, so, please also wait for Scott to take the necessary measures in this case.

Offline Nekro t4u

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #699 on: September 04, 2013, 08:24:48 AM »
Nekro,

Please report the troublesome PM. Only an Admin can see the contents of a PM, so, please also wait for Scott to take the necessary measures in this case.
I reported it, however,  since Scott is very very very busy I'm not sure at all he'll notice it so I put it here too so posters can see Alex is still the raging racist we all have known him to be and the fake civilized behaviour he's trying to maintain is just a mask......
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 08:25:25 AM by Nekro t4u »