Tennis Discussions > Tennis Discussions

2013 US Open thread MEN - OFFICIAL

<< < (230/233) > >>

Lugburz:
Glad you enjoyed it Rafito  :cool: I'm sure it was great experience, Kudos to you!

Clay Death:
nadal has turned the tide at flushing meadows. I believe he takes it again in 2014.

NADAL2005RG:
I remember at the 2009 Australian Open final, I could hear (what sounded like thousands of) people raucously laughing when Federer was crying/trembling like a b**** during his runner-up speech. Whereas when I watched the replay on TV after, I could not hear the raucous laughter. That live crowd reaction made the speech more enjoyable and dramatic, whereas when I watched it on TV the speech was less entertaining. Those kind of live things make it worthwhile attending the tennis, the crowd reactions that surround you etc.....even if you get a much better view of the actual tennis when you watch on a nice sharp TV (unlike the screen they show at the tennis stadiums, which is far away and not so sharp). Indeed, after getting home from the tennis, I knew I needed to watch the replay on TV, because if I didn't I'd have been at a disadvantage compared to those who saw it on TV and took in the extreme detail of the match. Either way I am extremely grateful to have been present at a Fedal slam final. With Djokovic now fading, and Nadal approaching the total slams record, its pretty obvious Naderer will remain more historically significant than Nadjokovic, regardless of how many times Nadal and Djokovic meet. But man, that US Open final we just witnessed, certainly the 3rd set is my second favorite Nadjokovic set ever (only the 5th set of Roland Garros being greater).

Clay Death:
affirmative nadal2005rg.

nadal has the inside track now. and he smells blood.

there is no stopping him once he takes the Australian open.

it starts in 109 days.

NADAL2005RG:

--- Quote from: Clay Death on September 25, 2013, 11:33:58 AM ---affirmative nadal2005rg.

nadal has the inside track now. and he smells blood.

there is no stopping him once he takes the Australian open.

it starts in 109 days.

--- End quote ---

Amazingly reversed similarities between 2012 AO and 2014 AO. Heading into 2012 AO, Djokovic had won 6 in a row over Nadal. Heading into 2014 AO, Nadal has won 6 of 7 vs Djokovic. And if Murray returns to the tour at any less than 100%, Nadjokovic will almost certainly meet (although Wawrinka was a bad line call away from serving for the match at last year's AO vs Djokovic).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version