Author Topic: 2013 US Open thread MEN - OFFICIAL  (Read 15180 times)

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
Re: 2013 US Open thread MEN - OFFICIAL
« Reply #1140 on: September 12, 2013, 12:24:45 PM »
Indeed! I got the very upside of the hit or miss proposition. I hit it real good!

Rafa is the FIRST to qualify for WTF this year! :D

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #1141 on: September 12, 2013, 01:05:40 PM »
Yeah, I can see the allure of getting to see that many matches, but the tennis usually isn't as good in the early rounds (at least in my opinion).

That's why I go during the first week!

I'm watching really outstanding tennis. Meanwhile, you guys are at home watching 6-2, 6-1, 6-0 and 6-0, 6-0, 6-3 and debating which was better.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #1142 on: September 12, 2013, 01:10:46 PM »
I like the first week because I can watch about 16 matches over 4 days and sit very close to the action. But I have to admit, your experience is making me think about the semis/final package ;)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
It's a hit or miss proposition I think.
At least in week one, if the quality of the match you're at is poor, there are plenty of other courts to choose from.

That being said, for some of us it would be a once in a lifetime opportunity well worth the risk.  :)

Yeah, the stakes are a lot higher when you're laying down good coin for crap seats to watch 3 matches. That's not to take anything away from what Rafito experienced. His investment paid HUGE dividends.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #1143 on: September 12, 2013, 01:18:22 PM »
I should add, I also get to see my clowns  :rofl_2:  who typically aren't around during the second week. Since I'm not a fan of Fed, Rafa, Nole, or Murray the final weekend looks  :Confused:  I guess you just really struck gold in that you got Wawrinka and Gasquet and didn't have to watch Djokovic-Murray.

I guess in retrospect, I would have loved to have done it this year  :rofl_2: 

You hit JACKPOT!

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #1144 on: September 12, 2013, 01:40:54 PM »
WOOHOO! What a weekend of tennis! The atmosphere there was AWESOME, and even up in the nosebleeds, it was perfectly easy to see! And BOY did I pick a good one to go to :D The semis and final were all great. Djoker vs. Wawrinka was insane! The 21 minute game was ridiculous. I was losing my mind  :)~ The result was a little unfortunate because I was pulling for Waw, but still an amazing match! And then even the Nadal/Gasquet match was amazing! I thought Gasquet was gonna be annihilated, but he actually made it a match. He went with the nothing to lose mentality, and it was great to see. He was serving really well, striking that BH better than I've ever seen him (which is saying a lot since it's always great) and hitting the FH really well, too. It was such a fun match to watch.

The final wasn't as all around great as the semis, but it definitely had its moment. Particularly at the end of the 3rd set. Watching Nadal really dig in and pull that set out was simply insane! I loved it! And then Djoker seemed to have lost all spirit after that happened, and Rafa easily ran away with the 4th set. Great tourney overall, and I was so happy to be there to see it! VAMOS RAFA!

:thumbs-up: :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up: :cloud 9: :cloud 9: :cloud 9: :cloud 9: :cloud 9: :cloud 9: :cloud 9: :cloud 9: :first-place: :first-place: :first-place: :first-place: :first-place: :first-place: :first-place: :first-place: :first-place: :first-place: :first-place: :first-place: :first-place: :first-place: :first-place: :first-place:

Glad you had a great time and saw some great matches.  Congrats to you and  your favorite.  Nadal played an amazing tournament.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #1145 on: September 13, 2013, 01:57:11 PM »
Glad you enjoyed it Rafito  :cool: I'm sure it was great experience, Kudos to you!
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #1146 on: September 25, 2013, 08:11:36 AM »
nadal has turned the tide at flushing meadows. I believe he takes it again in 2014.

Offline NADAL2005RG

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #1147 on: September 25, 2013, 11:23:50 AM »
I remember at the 2009 Australian Open final, I could hear (what sounded like thousands of) people raucously laughing when Federer was crying/trembling like a b**** during his runner-up speech. Whereas when I watched the replay on TV after, I could not hear the raucous laughter. That live crowd reaction made the speech more enjoyable and dramatic, whereas when I watched it on TV the speech was less entertaining. Those kind of live things make it worthwhile attending the tennis, the crowd reactions that surround you etc.....even if you get a much better view of the actual tennis when you watch on a nice sharp TV (unlike the screen they show at the tennis stadiums, which is far away and not so sharp). Indeed, after getting home from the tennis, I knew I needed to watch the replay on TV, because if I didn't I'd have been at a disadvantage compared to those who saw it on TV and took in the extreme detail of the match. Either way I am extremely grateful to have been present at a Fedal slam final. With Djokovic now fading, and Nadal approaching the total slams record, its pretty obvious Naderer will remain more historically significant than Nadjokovic, regardless of how many times Nadal and Djokovic meet. But man, that US Open final we just witnessed, certainly the 3rd set is my second favorite Nadjokovic set ever (only the 5th set of Roland Garros being greater).
“It is not too far way,” Toni Nadal told The Australian after Nadal collected the 13th major of his career by mowing down Novak Djokovic in an electrifying final of the US Open. “It is getting very, very close for Rafa to be level with Roger or more.”

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #1148 on: September 25, 2013, 11:33:58 AM »
affirmative nadal2005rg.

nadal has the inside track now. and he smells blood.

there is no stopping him once he takes the Australian open.

it starts in 109 days.

Offline NADAL2005RG

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #1149 on: September 25, 2013, 12:00:52 PM »
affirmative nadal2005rg.

nadal has the inside track now. and he smells blood.

there is no stopping him once he takes the Australian open.

it starts in 109 days.

Amazingly reversed similarities between 2012 AO and 2014 AO. Heading into 2012 AO, Djokovic had won 6 in a row over Nadal. Heading into 2014 AO, Nadal has won 6 of 7 vs Djokovic. And if Murray returns to the tour at any less than 100%, Nadjokovic will almost certainly meet (although Wawrinka was a bad line call away from serving for the match at last year's AO vs Djokovic).
“It is not too far way,” Toni Nadal told The Australian after Nadal collected the 13th major of his career by mowing down Novak Djokovic in an electrifying final of the US Open. “It is getting very, very close for Rafa to be level with Roger or more.”

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #1150 on: September 25, 2013, 12:58:01 PM »
nole is a beaten man.

Nadal is a better player. There is no way around that.

Andy has also solved the nole deal.

serve well, return well, stay in the rally, and force him to go for more or go for broke.

Offline NADAL2005RG

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #1151 on: September 25, 2013, 01:40:49 PM »
nole is a beaten man.

serve well, return well, stay in the rally, and force him to go for more or go for broke.

Yeah tactically Murray enjoys playing Djokovic. Djokovic beat Murray at the AO 2012 when Murray's level dropped when that feather fell. Strange match. Now that Djokovic is struggling mentally, Murray has a  great chance at the AO now more than ever (if Murray makes an immediate recovery).

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #1152 on: September 25, 2013, 04:18:50 PM »
I remember at the 2009 Australian Open final, I could hear (what sounded like thousands of) people raucously laughing when Federer was crying/trembling like a b**** during his runner-up speech. Whereas when I watched the replay on TV after, I could not hear the raucous laughter. That live crowd reaction made the speech more enjoyable and dramatic, whereas when I watched it on TV the speech was less entertaining. Those kind of live things make it worthwhile attending the tennis, the crowd reactions that surround you etc.....even if you get a much better view of the actual tennis when you watch on a nice sharp TV (unlike the screen they show at the tennis stadiums, which is far away and not so sharp). Indeed, after getting home from the tennis, I knew I needed to watch the replay on TV, because if I didn't I'd have been at a disadvantage compared to those who saw it on TV and took in the extreme detail of the match. Either way I am extremely grateful to have been present at a Fedal slam final. With Djokovic now fading, and Nadal approaching the total slams record, its pretty obvious Naderer will remain more historically significant than Nadjokovic, regardless of how many times Nadal and Djokovic meet. But man, that US Open final we just witnessed, certainly the 3rd set is my second favorite Nadjokovic set ever (only the 5th set of Roland Garros being greater).

I actually found watching it from the stands, even at the upper level, better than watching it on tv. To each their own, I guess.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #1153 on: September 25, 2013, 06:50:01 PM »
2009 Oz final was one of the best hard court matches I ever saw.

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #1154 on: September 26, 2013, 03:18:00 PM »
I personally preferred the 2010 USO final.

Offline ProdigyEng

• Tennis Player
« Reply #1155 on: October 04, 2013, 07:56:14 PM »
nole is a beaten man.

Utter bollocks.

How can Nadal be the better player when he lost to Djokovic 7 times in a row?

Djokovic's level has just dropped recently. It happens to them all, including your beloved Nadal who you're always saying is finished and then riding his balls when he has a good run of form.

Djokovic will find his form sooner or later.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #1156 on: October 04, 2013, 08:25:52 PM »
nole is a beaten man.

Utter bollocks.

Djokovic's level has just dropped recently. It happens to them all, including your beloved Nadal who you're always saying is finished and then riding his balls when he has a good run of form.

:hysterical:

Your killing me man.

Online Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #1157 on: October 04, 2013, 09:52:32 PM »
nole is a beaten man.

Utter bollocks.

Djokovic smokes Querry but still, if he cannot keep his level of tennis as high as it needs to be, those around him who can, like Nadal, will over take him.  I am not a Nadal fan, so of course it pains me to say.  ;)
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline ProdigyEng

• Tennis Player
« Reply #1158 on: October 05, 2013, 10:51:10 AM »
Yes you are right mate, but every top player has lapses in their best level. Nadal often has played well below part, like in 2011. It will happen to Nole, but he will do what it takes to find his best level again.

Offline jazzcat

• Tennis Player
« Reply #1159 on: October 06, 2013, 10:23:12 PM »
nole is a beaten man.

Delusional clown post by a tard/fanboy posing as an unbiased tennis fan.  His charade has come to an end.