Tennis Discussions > Tennis Discussions

Who wins the USO

(1/8) > >>

sid:
If Nole/Nadal or Murray were to win the USO this year,would thay be classed as the best tennis player?

Litotes:
If Nadal wins, then he's the best player of 2013 regardless. If either Murray of Djokovic does then it will depend upon the rest of the season IMO.

Swish:
If Nadal wins he had the best year.

There's a lot riding on this for Djokovic. He's been the best for awhile and won't want to give that up.

In the FITD I won't pick Nadal, I'll go with my favorites as usual.  :king:

NADAL2005RG:
Nadal is #1 in the 52  week ranking system if Nadal wins the US Open and Djokovic doesn't make the final. Plus Nadal is WAY ahead of the pack in the race. And if Nadal wins the US Open by defeating Djokovic in the final, nobody will take Djokovic seriously as a #1.

Swish:

--- Quote from: NADAL2005RG on August 24, 2013, 08:37:43 AM ---Nadal is #1 in the 52  week ranking system if Nadal wins the US Open and Djokovic doesn't make the final.

Plus Nadal is WAY ahead of the pack in the race.

And if Nadal wins the US Open by defeating Djokovic in the final, nobody will take Djokovic seriously as a #1.

--- End quote ---

Agreed, beating Djopkovic in two finals plus having two slams puts Nadal at the top.

Nadal has so many other titles also.

That's one of the reasons this slam is so important for Nadal and Djokovic.

Right now I think Nadal is the best player of the game, regardless of what the rankings say.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version