Tennis Discussions > Tennis Discussions

Who wins the USO

<< < (2/8) > >>

NADAL2005RG:

--- Quote from: Swish on August 24, 2013, 08:43:47 AM ---
--- Quote from: NADAL2005RG on August 24, 2013, 08:37:43 AM ---Nadal is #1 in the 52  week ranking system if Nadal wins the US Open and Djokovic doesn't make the final.

Plus Nadal is WAY ahead of the pack in the race.

And if Nadal wins the US Open by defeating Djokovic in the final, nobody will take Djokovic seriously as a #1.

--- End quote ---

Agreed, beating Djopkovic in two finals plus having two slams puts Nadal at the top.

Nadal has so many other titles also.

That's one of the reasons this slam is so important for Nadal and Djokovic.

Right now I think Nadal is the best player of the game, regardless of what the rankings say.

--- End quote ---

This makes the Australian Open fascinating. Djokovic going for 5th AO title. Nadal #1 seed. Nadal looking to destroy Djokovic on Djokovic's 'home turf' as Djokovic tried to do at Roland Garros to Nadal. Lots of media hype is on the way. And if Nadal wins the US Open he will be going for the "double Career Grand slam" at AO.

Swish:

--- Quote from: NADAL2005RG on August 24, 2013, 08:52:54 AM ---
--- Quote from: Swish on August 24, 2013, 08:43:47 AM ---
--- Quote from: NADAL2005RG on August 24, 2013, 08:37:43 AM ---Nadal is #1 in the 52  week ranking system if Nadal wins the US Open and Djokovic doesn't make the final.

Plus Nadal is WAY ahead of the pack in the race.

And if Nadal wins the US Open by defeating Djokovic in the final, nobody will take Djokovic seriously as a #1.

--- End quote ---

Agreed, beating Djopkovic in two finals plus having two slams puts Nadal at the top.

Nadal has so many other titles also.

That's one of the reasons this slam is so important for Nadal and Djokovic.

Right now I think Nadal is the best player of the game, regardless of what the rankings say.

--- End quote ---

This makes the Australian Open fascinating. Djokovic going for 5th AO title. Nadal #1 seed. Nadal looking to Djokovic on Djokovic's 'home turf' as Djokovic tried to do at Roland Garros to Nadal. Lots of media hype is on the way. And if Nadal wins the US Open he will be going for the "double Career Grand slam" at AO.

--- End quote ---

That will also be number 13 or 14 slams depending on the USO, then RG comes up.

Interesting times for sure.

sid:
I think the main point is missed here.If either If Nole/Nadal or Murray wins the USO,thay must be the best tennis player in holding 2 Slams.I know other tennis players might win,but if that don't,then the one who holds 2 Slam is no 1 this year.Race points mean nothing,winning 2 Slams is way bigger,just take how much prize money is won.

Lugburz:
Whoever wins this USO, Nadal is the best player this year already.

sid:

--- Quote from: Lugburz on August 24, 2013, 05:48:02 PM ---Whoever wins this USO, Nadal is the best player this year already.

--- End quote ---

I know your not keen on Murray,so i expected you would say that.I will say whoever wins the USO is the best player this year.If none win the USO then i would agree that Nadal is best.Slams is what tennis players want to win,250 500 points are not what the top guys worry about.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version