Author Topic: Who wins the USO  (Read 1134 times)

Offline NADAL2005RG

• Tennis Addict
Re: Who wins the USO
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2013, 08:41:53 PM »
Swishy, as I said IF he wins the USO, Rafa is da best  ... end of story.  I doubt he will but that's my opinion. Rafa fans here are OK.

However, MTF Rafa trolls/fanatics are seeing it as if it's a given that Nadal will win the USO. They keep opening 100s of usless threads every day there gloating about Nadal, making fun of Fed etc.  It's the most fanatical fan/troll base in tennis history. so, because of his tards I want Rafa to lose in R1 so I can laugh at them. 

Why Am I talking about MTF and Rafa tards (refering to MTF Rafa fanatics btw) here? Because nobody is talking about anything/tennis here any more. There are only 5/8 of us posting here on a regular basis and talking about tennis, players etc. Some others are hiding in that silly castle thing (nothing against it, I post there too sometimes btw) ... However, 99% of them have never posted anything in 'General discussion'. It's annoying. So, I go to MTF and read all of that garbage first but there are super smart guys there who know what they are talking about. The board is always busy.

I'm asking myself why? I see here Swish, Babbs, MT,  Lug, Sid, Dallas, Dmas (who came back, thank God),  myself ... a few more guys posting here and there and that's it  :\. When Rafa was doing fine we had so many of his fans posting here. When Rafa wasn't doing fine, they all disappeared. Now, we have Rafa2005RG and Rafa186. I hope they are here to stay  :).

Its impossible not to stay, since Nadal is the only man ever to win slams for 9 years in a row. He never has an "off-year". Whereas I can understand why Federer fans frequently go missing, as he didn't win a slam from 2010 AO until 2012 Wimbledon.
“It is not too far way,” Toni Nadal told The Australian after Nadal collected the 13th major of his career by mowing down Novak Djokovic in an electrifying final of the US Open. “It is getting very, very close for Rafa to be level with Roger or more.”

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2013, 10:26:31 PM »
Nadal's gotta be the guy to beat here. I'm looking forward to a sold match between Fed and Nasal and I think winner of that wins the tournament.

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2013, 07:27:33 AM »
I have Fed taking this USO in 4 sets over Del Potro.

I wouldn't be surprised if Del Potro made the final. So close at Wimbledon.

Meh, I dunno about that. Djoker TRIED to give the Wimbledon final to Del Po. Nole was playing horrible in that match, constantly spraying his bread and butter shot (BH down the line) and Del Po still couldn't win the match. It was pretty annoying to watch since I was rooting for Del Po. And now, he didn't do all that great in the last few tourneys. I used to like Del Po a lot, but ever since he came back from injury, he's (still) inconsistent and plays too defensively. I miss his ruthless aggression from both wings. Watching highlights from the 09 USO finals is amazing.

Rafa is the FIRST to qualify for WTF this year! :D

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2013, 12:38:10 PM »

Meh, I dunno about that. Djoker TRIED to give the Wimbledon final to Del Po. Nole was playing horrible in that match, constantly spraying his bread and butter shot (BH down the line) and Del Po still couldn't win the match. It was pretty annoying to watch since I was rooting for Del Po. And now, he didn't do all that great in the last few tourneys. I used to like Del Po a lot, but ever since he came back from injury, he's (still) inconsistent and plays too defensively. I miss his ruthless aggression from both wings. Watching highlights from the 09 USO finals is amazing.

Both Nole & Murray have been in more Slam Finals this year,If either  win the USO,thay will be the best tennis players of 2013.RG Nadal's won,so he needs to @ least make the Final to even be considered the best player of 2013.Forget the micky mouse ones he's won.

Offline NADAL2005RG

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2013, 03:02:08 PM »

Both Nole & Murray have been in more Slam Finals this year,If either  win the USO,thay will be the best tennis players of 2013.RG Nadal's won,so he needs to @ least make the Final to even be considered the best player of 2013.Forget the micky mouse ones he's won.

And forget the 5 masters shields he's won too, no?  :rofl_2:
“It is not too far way,” Toni Nadal told The Australian after Nadal collected the 13th major of his career by mowing down Novak Djokovic in an electrifying final of the US Open. “It is getting very, very close for Rafa to be level with Roger or more.”

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2013, 04:12:03 PM »

Well its not like Djokovic is getting any better. He's losing his mind more every time I see him, so there is no limit to his failure. It would be no surprise to see Del Potro eliminate him.

Yeah, Nole has been flopping majorly. It's pretty disappointing.

Nadal has produced a ridiculous year. You can't just look at slam finals and let that be the end of the story. Master's tourneys are also very important, and you have to take circumstances into account, AKA Nadal is coming off of injury. He's made the finals of all but ONE tournament he's played in this year, and only lost 2 of those finals, one being when he was rusty, and the other to the World Number 1. He's only lost 3 matches on the year, amassing a slam and five Master's titles in the process. That's ridiculous, and is one of the best years anyone could produce, especially coming off of an injury.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2013, 05:17:01 PM »

And forget the 5 masters shields he's won too, no?  :rofl_2:

NEW YORK -- Andy Murray turned up in New York to participate at the US Open 2013, the last Grand Slam of the year.

"That’s something that comes with winning. It comes with consistency but it’s not, that isn’t at the top of my list of goals," Murray said on the subject of top-spot in rankings.

"It would be nice, but I think in tennis that isn’t necessarily how it’s always looked. Bad players have gotten to number one in the world but haven’t won a grand slam and people say, 'oh, you don’t deserve to be number one in the world because you haven’t won a slam.'

"The grand slams are the biggest events and they’re the ones that I prepare hard for, they’re the tournaments that I want to win. Not trying to get to number one."

Murray will bid for his second consecutive US Open title against Frenchman Michael Llodra.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2013, 05:21:54 PM »

Well its not like Djokovic is getting any better. He's losing his mind more every time I see him, so there is no limit to his failure. It would be no surprise to see Del Potro eliminate him.

Nadal has produced a ridiculous year. You can't just look at slam finals and let that be the end of the story. Master's tourneys are also very important, and you have to take circumstances into account, AKA Nadal is coming off of injury. He's made the finals of all but ONE tournament he's played in this year, and only lost 2 of those finals, one being when he was rusty, and the other to the World Number 1. He's only lost 3 matches on the year, amassing a slam and five Master's titles in the process. That's ridiculous, and is one of the best years anyone could produce, especially coming off of an injury.

Masters are important,but Slams are way bigger.Whatever people say,we all know if one of the top 3 win this Slam,thay are top dog end of ;-()

Offline NADAL2005RG

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2013, 08:38:05 PM »

Masters are important,but Slams are way bigger.Whatever people say,we all know if one of the top 3 win this Slam,thay are top dog end of ;-()

Yes, that's why the rankings give way more points for winning a slam than for winning a master.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 08:40:01 PM by NADAL2005RG »

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2013, 02:47:59 PM »
If Nadal & Fed meet @ the USO,i've a strange feeling that Roger will win.Roger won @ the USO 5 times in the past,he can't be counted out.I think this is Rogers best chance to win a Slam.

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2013, 04:20:49 PM »
I doubt that. Yeah, Fed won 5 times at the USO, but that's way in the past. Look at recently. Nadal won in 2010 and made the final in 2011. Fed hasn't made a final since his 09 loss to Del Po. And Nadal beat Fed at Cincy. And the match Fed had with Nadal at Cincy was the first match in a very long time that Fed looked Big 4 worthy.

Offline NADAL2005RG

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2013, 05:41:28 PM »
If Nadal & Fed meet @ the USO,i've a strange feeling that Roger will win.Roger won @ the USO 5 times in the past,he can't be counted out.I think this is Rogers best chance to win a Slam.

Yes there was a trend prior to 2009 whereby Federer was winning the US Open. It was a 5 year trend. From 2009-2012 another trend occurred. A losing trend. If Federer can't beat a guy like Berdych (last year's US Open), then good luck vs Nadal in the worst year of Federer's career  :Confused:

Offline SexyLatina

• Tennis Player
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2013, 03:35:15 AM »
Rafa of course, hello ....... my bf and I are planning to get married and if it's a boy it will be Rafa, if it's a girl we are thinking Rafita ... although Rafita might sound too butch, not sure, I still like it

Offline NADAL2005RG

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2013, 05:07:01 AM »
Rafa of course, hello ....... my bf and I are planning to get married and if it's a boy it will be Rafa, if it's a girl we are thinking Rafita ... although Rafita might sound too butch, not sure, I still like it

Butch females are good at sport at least.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2013, 07:31:46 PM »
Murray won 2 slams. Rafa and Djokovic only 1.

Murray is the real #1!!!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2013, 05:07:18 AM »

:rofl_2: :rofl_2:

BBM: The greatest romantic film of all times