Instructional Tennis > Tennis Journals

BUPMONSTER'S JOURNAL

<< < (2/4) > >>

bupmonster:
Sooo, yesterday I played again, and I was hitting rally well. It was hard to cope with so much topspin on the ball so my forehands were kinda messy.
My backhands though, I felt like I was nadal! :P They were really good with good topspin and pace. Overall, I had a really good hitting session but I need to learn to cope with high loopy, topspiney balls.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

monstertruck:

--- Quote from: bupmonster on August 27, 2013, 10:45:54 PM ---Soooo, Today I played 2 sets with my bro and what can I say? I lost 6-1 6-0 which is horrible. I really needed to unload on the balls but i tightened up and lost. When we were warming up, i felt like I was playing really good and my ground-strokes were amazing. When It came to the match, I basically lobbed every ball even if I had a perfect winner opportunity because I was scared that I would miss it. All in all, I had a pretty good day but I need to loosen up in match situations.

--- End quote ---
The toughest opponent you will ever face is yourself.
Relax.
Enjoy the game.
Remove all expectations of performance.
Practice.
Learn.
Relax.
Enjoy.
It is only then, that you will realize your true potential.
 :)

Lugburz:

--- Quote from: bupmonster on August 27, 2013, 10:45:54 PM ---Soooo, Today I played 2 sets with my bro and what can I say? I lost 6-1 6-0 which is horrible. I really needed to unload on the balls but i tightened up and lost. When we were warming up, i felt like I was playing really good and my ground-strokes were amazing. When It came to the match, I basically lobbed every ball even if I had a perfect winner opportunity because I was scared that I would miss it. All in all, I had a pretty good day but I need to loosen up in match situations.

--- End quote ---

Yeah that happens sometimes.

I played 5 days ago and was ripping both bh and fh like there's no tomorrow. 2 days ago I couldn't hit winner to save myself.
It's just someday the strokes are pure and clean, ball landing smoothly on your racquet and unfortunately sometimes everything just seems too short or too wide.

The movement and position is the key. There's only few thing that can go wrong if you get that right.

I experimented a bit with my two racquets so that might be it. I switched from very heavy racquet of Haas and Soderling choice(from 2009) to a bit lighter one that Berdych uses today. So there's that, I find it uncontrollable at times as the racquet itself produces more power with a bit less effort. So I kinda have to be slightly less aggressive, which is hard to keep in mind since I'm pretty aggressive oriented.

But enough of me.

You'll see once you get the movement and position right you'll feel a lot more comfortable hence taking control of the shots.
As MT said, just relax. When you see you are starting to lose control of your shots and the body, just remember the procedure of getting ready to strike the ball. (could help also if you can think of some pro player's motion and movement)

Lugburz:

--- Quote from: bupmonster on September 05, 2013, 11:51:38 AM ---Sooo, yesterday I played again, and I was hitting rally well. It was hard to cope with so much topspin on the ball so my forehands were kinda messy.
My backhands though, I felt like I was nadal! :P They were really good with good topspin and pace. Overall, I had a really good hitting session but I need to learn to cope with high loopy, topspiney balls.

--- End quote ---

There are different aspects of it. For example when I get high loopy top spin balls, I hit them on the rise or very rarely though I back off and wait it to bounce at my confy zone.

bupmonster:
Since my bro went to Atlanta for the week, I didn't have anyone
To play with but he's back now so hopefully we will play today.
Thanks for the advice guys, I will try to implement it in my game. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version