Tennis Discussions > Tennis Discussions

If Federer is still on tour when Nadal wins 17+ slams, imagine the media hype :0

<< < (2/13) > >>

pawan89:

--- Quote from: Dallas on August 29, 2013, 06:55:09 PM ---Roger will be playing with a walking cane when/if Nadal gets to 17 majors.... Heck, Nadal might even be playing on one leg! :rofl_2:

But if your scenario happens...that would mean Roger was still playing pretty good tennis to 'hang around' that long.  Which is fine with me!

--- End quote ---

Thankfully we all know Nadal can beat ANYONE even playing one leg... as long as that leg is not injured  :rofl_2:

And while we are dreaming of glory here, I would also LOVE it if Nadal was still around and uninjured when Federer wins 20+ slams. No harm dreaming  :rofl_2:

propstoart:
I know Rafa's had chronic knee injuries, Roger has age, back complaints, dipping form obstructing his path.. If, and when, Rafa or any player, breaks the 18 slam barrier - I am sure Roger would doff his hat to him. Winning slams is a hard fortnight's work. If a player has won nearly 20 slams, in this physical, ultra-competitive era, he has deserved it.  :))

NADAL2005RG:

--- Quote from: mav140 on August 30, 2013, 08:57:53 AM ---
--- Quote from: NADAL2005RG on August 29, 2013, 08:38:07 AM ---But there is already retirement talk surrounding Federer, as his struggle continues. Federer has said the reason why he wants to hang around is because of the 2016 Olympics and also so his children can see him play. Well, his children can already see him play, and I think they are developed enough to understand what they are seeing (and they aren't seeing a whole lot of good things anyway). I think Federer just doesn't want to say goodbye to the one thing he is good at. So I wouldn't be surprised if he's still on tour in 2-3 years from now, regardless of results.

--- End quote ---

First of all, I am not writing Nadal off, he might or might not get to that 17th, 18th Slam.. Only time will tell... My guess is that Nadal has a shot but just that. I wouldn't bet my house on that, but he does have a shot. I wanted to reply to the bolded part up there.

My guess is that you are a young lad (probably 14 to 20) to write stuff like that. I have 2 children and my older boy is the same age as Fed's girls... They are not developed to understand what's going on yet.. Yeah, of course, they see him play on a tennis court, but they have no idea how big their father is... At 4 years old you can't completely "racionalize" with him/her. They know stuff, but not the "magnitude" of everything. Heck, they can't even count let alone keep score... So, NO, they are not aware of the importance of it all and they are not aware of what they are living, for all they care, they are flying around the world, watch his dad play and eat at restaurants hanging out with Nannies!! They certainly DON'T know they are at Flushing Meadows, or All England Club or whatever, they are at a strange place NOT home, that's what they know.

--- End quote ---

So its not that Federer wants his kids to see him play, its that he wants them to worship the ground he walks on. Thanks for clarifying that. I forgot who we were talking about here....

Those kids will certainly remember Uncle Nadal.

pawan89:
poor mav. made the mistake of assuming he was talking to someone rational.  :innocent:

NADAL2005RG:

--- Quote from: pawan89 on August 30, 2013, 02:57:49 PM ---poor mav. made the mistake of assuming he was talking to someone rational.  :innocent:

--- End quote ---

Classy......

Like I said, I forgot the Federer thought process. I'm more in line with the Nadal mode of thinking (Nadal by the way, said he will only start a family after he retires from tennis).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version