Author Topic: hm, what is he saying here?  (Read 875 times)

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
hm, what is he saying here?
« on: August 31, 2013, 05:13:38 AM »
hRRRRRRRRr, no, mhhhhhhrrrrrrrr, backhrrrrrrrrand, my forHHHHHrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhand, no ....  :rofl_2:

you look at players like Fed and Nole, so smart and sophisticated ... speaking fluently German, Italian, French, English ... and then you have this clown Nadal ...  so sad ... well, at least Murray is good at mumbling in English  :))... Rafa, Rafa, class is class ... keep picking your butt, but make sure nobody smells your fingers  :innocent:
Rafa speaks ''English'' funny LOL

« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 05:15:06 AM by Alex »

Offline NADAL2005RG

• Tennis Addict
Re: hm, what is he saying here?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 07:36:39 AM »
Who has the higher IQ? Look 21-15 head2head (including 7-3 slam h2h). One guy has won 12 slams, the other only 6 slams etc.

I think Djokovic had a winning record over Nadal for a total of 2 years in their entire careers. A slow learner perhaps this Djokovic. And when Djokovic finally figured out how to beat Nadal consistently (2011), Nadal then regained tactical superiority just one year later and has won 5 of their last 6 meetings :lmao:

And you think the measure of intelligence is how many languages a person knows by age 20 :rofl_2:
“It is not too far way,” Toni Nadal told The Australian after Nadal collected the 13th major of his career by mowing down Novak Djokovic in an electrifying final of the US Open. “It is getting very, very close for Rafa to be level with Roger or more.”

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 07:43:15 AM »
It's funny but he doesn't deserve ridicule. That's better than I can do. He's come a long way in just 5 years.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline NADAL2005RG

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 07:55:43 AM »
It's funny but he doesn't deserve ridicule. That's better than I can do. He's come a long way in just 5 years.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Plus, Nadal spoke Italian at the 2013 Rome Masters trophy ceremony (while Federer did not). Not that it matters, just saying if anyone measures intelligence by the number of languages you can speak, Nadal has done well despite not prioritizing it.
“It is not too far way,” Toni Nadal told The Australian after Nadal collected the 13th major of his career by mowing down Novak Djokovic in an electrifying final of the US Open. “It is getting very, very close for Rafa to be level with Roger or more.”

Offline jesse james

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 09:56:01 AM »
hRRRRRRRRr, no, mhhhhhhrrrrrrrr, backhrrrrrrrrand, my forHHHHHrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhand, no ....  :rofl_2:

you look at players like Fed and Nole, so smart and sophisticated ... speaking fluently German, Italian, French, English ... and then you have this clown Nadal ...  so sad ... well, at least Murray is good at mumbling in English  :))... Rafa, Rafa, class is class ... keep picking your butt, but make sure nobody smells your fingers  :innocent:

Think you're aspiring for serious recognition at the 'I'm a big fat b**ch awards' there Alex.
Yeah, Rafa isn't exactly an intellectual or even formally articulate- actually you can tell that just by the way he walks, but so what?  He's good at tennis, that's all. 
I am a lighthouse worn by the weather and the waves
And though I'm empty I still warn the sailors on their way

Offline jesse james

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 10:05:26 AM »
Who has the higher IQ? Look 21-15 head2head (including 7-3 slam h2h). One guy has won 12 slams, the other only 6 slams etc.

I think Djokovic had a winning record over Nadal for a total of 2 years in their entire careers. A slow learner perhaps this Djokovic. And when Djokovic finally figured out how to beat Nadal consistently (2011), Nadal then regained tactical superiority just one year later and has won 5 of their last 6 meetings :lmao:

And you think the measure of intelligence is how many languages a person knows by age 20 :rofl_2:

I agree, in fact i think any attempt at this socially constructed notion of intelligence is difficult, i certainly wouldn't put too much faith in IQ tests-the idea that you can arrive at a number that can accurately denote what is essentially a combination of quite desperate cognitive elements seems far fetched.
  Having said that, we all make judgements about who we think are intelligent by unconsciously assimilating and assessing various nods and ticks that a character has, i've never equated constantly scratching your arse with a superior mind.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 10:08:46 AM by jesse james »

Offline NADAL2005RG

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2013, 11:06:51 AM »

Think you're aspiring for serious recognition at the 'I'm a big fat b**ch awards' there Alex.
Yeah, Rafa isn't exactly an intellectual or even formally articulate- actually you can tell that just by the way he walks, but so what?  He's good at tennis, that's all.

Nadal's walking is not formally articulate? How would you describe it? And what is formally articulate walking?  :rofl_2:

Nadal is perhaps the most philosophical speaker in professional tennis. Very similar to Agassi's very detailed and analytical interviews (but in Spanish of course). In English, of course Nadal is less detailed (just as Agassi is a less detailed speaker of Spanish), because Nadal doesn't read English books and therefore was unable to expand his English vocabulary - Toni revealed in an interview last year that over the years he's given Nadal many English books but Nadal has had no interest in them. If you listen to Nadal's Spanish interviews you will realize that Nadal has a far greater tactical understanding than Murray, Federer, Djokovic. That's why he is so good at solving problems on the court. Nadal is a tactical genius, as his Spanish interviews have always indicated.

Offline jesse james

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2013, 06:18:31 PM »

Nadal's walking is not formally articulate? How would you describe it? And what is formally articulate walking?  :rofl_2:

Nadal is perhaps the most philosophical speaker in professional tennis. Very similar to Agassi's very detailed and analytical interviews (but in Spanish of course). In English, of course Nadal is less detailed (just as Agassi is a less detailed speaker of Spanish), because Nadal doesn't read English books and therefore was unable to expand his English vocabulary - Toni revealed in an interview last year that over the years he's given Nadal many English books but Nadal has had no interest in them. If you listen to Nadal's Spanish interviews you will realize that Nadal has a far greater tactical understanding than Murray, Federer, Djokovic. That's why he is so good at solving problems on the court. Nadal is a tactical genius, as his Spanish interviews have always indicated.

Saying Nadal is the 'most philosophical speaker in professional tennis' is akin to saying that chimps have the most specialized intellectual acuity in the animal kingdom, it may be true, but in a field of none, it's hardly remarkable. Anyway i don't buy it, using a lack of English as an excuse for an inability to express coherence is quite patronizing, it assumes that if ones native tongue is not English, you are at some communicative disadvantage. Translation is fairly easy these days, if Rafa were the bright spark you suggest he is, i would know.
It's perfectly ok to be an ordinary chap who excels at something, without having to construct all these grandiose excuses, as if being a great sportsmen required intellect, it's ridiculous.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2013, 07:16:47 PM »
hm, my thread was meant to address NRG's obsession with Rafito and it worked. obviously, I was trolling and being sarcastic but it's not far away from the truth  :innocent:.  Piggy is seen by NRG like a God and it's kinda silly. Rafa is da best and now he is a philosopher too  :rofl_2:.

gimme a break NRG, Rafa tactician,  :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:. How old are you? He is a moonballer, pusher ... he doesn't have a plan B. He always plays the same sh!t. The biggest problem is that everyone in tennis community believes that he is doping ... Rafa is just a step ahead, for now. that Spanish doctor, who was 'treating Armstrong too'  did some miracles for him.

read these articles, it's all over the net. Rafito is the only tennis player being openly accused from the media, other tennis players, tennis experts etc.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/07/08/tennis-has-a-doping-problem.html

http://tennishasasteroidproblem.blogspot.ca/2011/02/curious-case-of-rafael-nadal.html

and there are thousands more ...  so zero respect for Nadal who is a time waster, butt picker, playing ugly tennis, cheater ... sorry, I'm so blunt but that's what I firmly believe regarding Rafito. some of you may not like it, but I don't really care.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 07:18:35 PM by Alex »

Offline NADAL2005RG

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2013, 08:10:24 PM »
Saying Nadal is the 'most philosophical speaker in professional tennis' is akin to saying that chimps have the most specialized intellectual acuity in the animal kingdom, it may be true, but in a field of none, it's hardly remarkable. Anyway i don't buy it, using a lack of English as an excuse for an inability to express coherence is quite patronizing, it assumes that if ones native tongue is not English, you are at some communicative disadvantage. Translation is fairly easy these days, if Rafa were the bright spark you suggest he is, i would know.
It's perfectly ok to be an ordinary chap who excels at something, without having to construct all these grandiose excuses, as if being a great sportsmen required intellect, it's ridiculous.

Translation? Are you saying you aren't smart enough to read/speak Spanish?

hm, my thread was meant to address NRG's obsession with Rafito and it worked. obviously, I was trolling and being sarcastic but it's not far away from the truth  :innocent:.  Piggy is seen by NRG like a God and it's kinda silly. Rafa is da best and now he is a philosopher too  :rofl_2:.

gimme a break NRG, Rafa tactician,  :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:. How old are you? He is a moonballer, pusher ... he doesn't have a plan B. He always plays the same sh!t. The biggest problem is that everyone in tennis community believes that he is doping ... Rafa is just a step ahead, for now. that Spanish doctor, who was 'treating Armstrong too'  did some miracles for him.

read these articles, it's all over the net. Rafito is the only tennis player being openly accused from the media, other tennis players, tennis experts etc.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/07/08/tennis-has-a-doping-problem.html

http://tennishasasteroidproblem.blogspot.ca/2011/02/curious-case-of-rafael-nadal.html

and there are thousands more ...  so zero respect for Nadal who is a time waster, butt picker, playing ugly tennis, cheater ... sorry, I'm so blunt but that's what I firmly believe regarding Rafito. some of you may not like it, but I don't really care.

Meanwhile a Serbian known for retiring and quitting suddenly becomes invincible for 8 months, and a 30-year-old Swiss wins 26 matches in a row and finishes the year full of energy while his often exhausted 25-year-old Spanish rival wilts after the US Open.....

Racists will be racists.....

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2013, 08:39:40 PM »
NRG, really not sure what you mean by 'racists will be racist' ... that's a nonsense. Nadal is the only player complaining about stricter doping control. The ATP covered up Agassi who admitted using drugs after his career was over.  now they are covering up Nadal. It's all out there. Nobody is accusing Djokovic or Fed of anything. both Nole and Fed said that they are for a stricter doping control etc. Rafito is the one complaining.

Again, read about it. It's all over the net. Yannick Noah publicly accused Nadal  and other Spanish athletes of doping. Why is that?

It's sad as I used to like a young Rafa ... not any more, couldn't care less. No love for cheaters. You can be blind and love him as much as you want. Too many questionable things in his career, too many illogical patterns ...

Offline NADAL2005RG

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2013, 08:52:04 PM »
NRG, really not sure what you mean by 'racists will be racist' ... that's a nonsense. Nadal is the only player complaining about stricter doping control. The ATP covered up Agassi who admitted using drugs after his career was over.  now they are covering up Nadal. It's all out there. Nobody is accusing Djokovic or Fed of anything. both Nole and Fed said that they are for a stricter doping control etc. Rafito is the one complaining.

Again, read about it. It's all over the net. Yannick Noah publicly accused Nadal  and other Spanish athletes of doping. Why is that?

It's sad as I used to like a young Rafa ... not any more, couldn't care less. No love for cheaters. You can be blind and love him as much as you want. Too many questionable things in his career, too many illogical patterns ...

Well Djokovic said there was a 7 month period in 2012 when he was never tested. So you aren't going to hear complaints from Djokovic. Nadal lives with his parents and sister, so when he was tested 4 times in December of 2012, and his entire family was woken up at 6am by testers (which also occurred in June on the morning after his birthday), it tends to be unpleasant.

It was fun when Noah (a known drug-user from the 80s) said that there was no other explanation for why Spanish athletes are more successful than French athletes (despite France being known for 'style over substance'). Ironically within a month of him claiming this his son (star of the Chicago Bulls) was disciplined by the NBA for drug-use.

Like I said, racists will be racists. 

BTW, great "media" sources  :rofl_2:

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2013, 09:05:40 PM »
dude, if you want more 'media sources' just google 'Nadal doping', you'll get 2.5 millions responses. enough said.

you still didn't explain your 'racist theory'. As for Rafa being awaken at 6AM, uh, oh .... that's how it works, nobody else has ever complained about it. Plus, which normal grown up man who is 27yo lives with his parents? No wonder, I still think that his IQ is very low. 

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2013, 09:09:12 PM »
I cannot seem to master the English language...
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2013, 09:17:06 PM »

well, Scott you are not too bad, I'm still working on my Canadian. It's more difficult than English  :rasta:.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2013, 03:36:48 AM »

well, Scott you are not too bad, I'm still working on my Canadian. It's more difficult than English  :rasta:.
It's abooot time!
CONK da ball!!!

Offline NADAL2005RG

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2013, 08:18:16 AM »
dude, if you want more 'media sources' just google 'Nadal doping', you'll get 2.5 millions responses. enough said.

you still didn't explain your 'racist theory'. As for Rafa being awaken at 6AM, uh, oh .... that's how it works, nobody else has ever complained about it. Plus, which normal grown up man who is 27yo lives with his parents? No wonder, I still think that his IQ is very low.

Hey I'm just saying, Djokovic hasn't had to deal with testers anymore than about once per year. Federer, probably has never seen one in his life. But when you aren't even on the tour (Nadal last year in December) and you have people banging on the door at 6am every week, you have reason to complain. Maybe the testers were distraught Federer fans or something. You know the average Federer fan would give his left nut to discredit Nadal. Ain't going to work.....18 slams is a given no matter what you say about Nadal.

Actually I saw a report on Australian television regarding this. The average age in which offspring move out of their parents homes in Australia is 26. And Australia isn't even traditionally a close-knit family country. India and Spain are even more likely to keep the family together. America whereas, obviously you see kids moving out at age 18 more so. But since the economic crisis, probably even American young adults have stayed at home longer of late. But you'll find in Asia and Europe, families stay very close at all ages. 

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2013, 10:40:13 AM »

I seriously doubt you speak spanish, let alone understand it. If you do, please tell me you are joking!!! Nadal even in Spanish is not philosophical, but rather simple in his interviews!!! OMG, what the hell are you talking about!!! Tactically ON COURT it's not that he is a genius, after all, even Uncle Toni has publicly said he gives on court advices! I don't care about any of this, to say that Nadal in Spanish in interviews is a genius, very articulate, tactically better, etc. etc. is streching it by miles!!!!!! He is a nice lad, I do like him a lot, but NO, in Spanish he is as "Basic" as a tennis player can be, just as he is in english! Ignorance is blissed!!

Offline NADAL2005RG

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2013, 10:42:34 AM »

I seriously doubt you speak spanish, let alone understand it. If you do, please tell me you are joking!!! Nadal even in Spanish is not philosophical, but rather simple in his interviews!!! OMG, what the hell are you talking about!!! Tactically ON COURT it's not that he is a genius, after all, even Uncle Toni has publicly said he gives on court advices! I don't care about any of this, to say that Nadal in Spanish in interviews is a genius, very articulate, tactically better, etc. etc. is streching it by miles!!!!!! He is a nice lad, I do like him a lot, but NO, in Spanish he is as "Basic" as a tennis player can be, just as he is in english! Ignorance is blissed!!

Toni wasn't even at Montreal/Cincy. You clearly don't follow tennis, and clearly don't read interviews.

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2013, 10:54:23 AM »
That's your answer to all of it??? You lame pathetic little boy!!! no worries... Here are 2 links of interviews given by Nadal in Spanish, the two of them  more than 30 minute long each... A PREPARED interview with script and everything, and you are telling me he is a genius in interviews?? Come on kid!! You can't be this pathetic....

Here is your articulate, tactical genius on interviews!! LOOOOOOL
OH, and if you don't understand spanish let me know and I can translate it for you!! Lame kid!

ENTREVISTA ADELA MICHA A RAFAEL NADAL
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 10:56:49 AM by mav140 »