Author Topic: Rafa, the sexiest man alive  (Read 928 times)

Offline SexyLatina

• Tennis Player
Rafa, the sexiest man alive
« on: September 05, 2013, 03:24:11 AM »
I just can't help it. so cute, so humble, such a champ. Feeling sick when I see arrogant Fed, pretenders like Jokovic and Murray ... it's just a matter of time when Nadal wins 20 slams and prove you all wrong.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Re: Rafa, the sexiest man alive
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 05:21:44 AM »
20 slams???
Yikes!
Time will tell. :)
I guess that would put the GOAT discussion to rest. :)
CONK da ball!!!

Offline NADAL2005RG

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 05:28:09 AM »
Nadal is really humble but more competitive than anyone, so I think he won't stop until he has at least surpassed Federer's 17. It might actually get easier at Roland Garros for Nadal, because the new guys like Tomic, Raonic etc. aren't suited to clay. Dimitrov is ok at it, but his stamina isn't good enough to win slams. Long way to go for the new guys.
“It is not too far way,” Toni Nadal told The Australian after Nadal collected the 13th major of his career by mowing down Novak Djokovic in an electrifying final of the US Open. “It is getting very, very close for Rafa to be level with Roger or more.”

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 08:33:33 AM »
Wouldn't know about the title of the thread, since I'm a straight man.

But ppl are too early jumping on conclusion about Nadal's humbleness.

I admire his late tennis. Nadal is much more enjoyable to watch when he has tendency to attack. Also he's less running away from his bh. It was so ugly to see it at Wimbly.

Now that being said, do you really think a guy is humble bumping Rosol like that at the changeover?
Also those starring looks while on court at opponent in his early career?

In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 10:32:41 AM »
I would say he's definitely very humble. But he's also extremely competitive, so he gets annoyed on court easier. That being said, he still keeps a much, much tighter lid on his on-court emotions than most players.

Rafa is the FIRST to qualify for WTF this year! :D

Offline NADAL2005RG

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 11:34:39 AM »
Wouldn't know about the title of the thread, since I'm a straight man.

But ppl are too early jumping on conclusion about Nadal's humbleness.

I admire his late tennis. Nadal is much more enjoyable to watch when he has tendency to attack. Also he's less running away from his bh. It was so ugly to see it at Wimbly.

Now that being said, do you really think a guy is humble bumping Rosol like that at the changeover?
Also those starring looks while on court at opponent in his early career?

When I say humble I mean off the court. I'd also put Murray at the same level of humility.

On the court Nadal is the most driven and competitive athlete in the world. His on-court persona is intimidating for opponents.....much like Michael Jordan.
“It is not too far way,” Toni Nadal told The Australian after Nadal collected the 13th major of his career by mowing down Novak Djokovic in an electrifying final of the US Open. “It is getting very, very close for Rafa to be level with Roger or more.”

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 01:35:24 PM »
You can't be humble if you disrespect your opponents. But that's just me.

Competitive? Sure, but not humble.

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline NADAL2005RG

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 01:42:32 PM »

Off the court humble to the max.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2013, 01:56:56 PM »

We wouldn't know it would we?
Don't know the guy and much we read about him or the others is media pumping and brainwashing, so  guess by the looks of it, yes he is.
But as I don't know him, I go with what he does on the court. And he has been disrespecting to other players, that's the only thing apart from his tennis that I don't like. Just like Raonic, Ferrer etc...
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 01:58:12 PM by Lugburz »

TOMMY HAAS

Offline NADAL2005RG

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2013, 02:06:24 PM »

We wouldn't know it would we?
Don't know the guy and much we read about him or the others is media pumping and brainwashing, so  guess by the looks of it, yes he is.
But as I don't know him, I go with what he does on the court. And he has been disrespecting to other players, that's the only thing apart from his tennis that I don't like. Just like Raonic, Ferrer etc...

So you don't value/care how players treat fans and media? Plus have you read what players say about Nadal? Recently there was a player who dissed Djokovic/Federer and praised Nadal's personality.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2013, 02:31:21 PM »
No I don't definitely care how they treat the media, 99% of the time, top players say the same diplomatic things over and over which is BORING at best.

It's nice to see they treat fans well though. But I couldn't care less about fangirls screaming for photos and such. They are human after all. Not gods.

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2013, 03:20:00 PM »
OK...I know this is the "time" for Nadal fans, however, couldn't this "comment" have easily been put in the Nadal player thread?  I'm thinking about locking it, but I don't want you to think I'm "against Nadal" for doing it.  The subject "Rafa, the sexiest man alive" fits under the Nadal player thread.

Offline NADAL2005RG

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2013, 03:20:56 PM »
No I don't definitely care how they treat the media, 99% of the time, top players say the same diplomatic things over and over which is BORING at best.

It's nice to see they treat fans well though. But I couldn't care less about fangirls screaming for photos and such. They are human after all. Not gods.

I wasn't referring to what Nadal says in the interviews, but rather how he treats the journalists in one-on-one interviews in particular. He has a tremendous reputation.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2013, 03:23:03 PM »

I wasn't referring to what Nadal says in the interviews, but rather how he treats the journalists in one-on-one interviews in particular. He has a tremendous reputation.

Yep like, 98% of other players.
Some are honest, some are not though.

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2013, 03:56:11 PM »
Dang, when did I become the most level headed Rafa fan here?  :)~ I gotta step up my ridiculous fanaticism  :rofl_2:

Rafa is the FIRST to qualify for WTF this year! :D

Offline NADAL2005RG

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2013, 04:16:13 PM »
Dang, when did I become the most level headed Rafa fan here?  :)~ I gotta step up my ridiculous fanaticism  :rofl_2:

Are you really a Nadal fan? I heard you say a week ago that you weren't aware that Federer-Nadal had never met at the US  Open. I mean, how is it possible not to know that? :o

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2013, 05:54:38 PM »
OK...I know this is the "time" for Nadal fans, however, couldn't this "comment" have easily been put in the Nadal player thread?  I'm thinking about locking it, but I don't want you to think I'm "against Nadal" for doing it.  The subject "Rafa, the sexiest man alive" fits under the Nadal player thread.
Ahhhh, let the kids have their fun.
No damage done here with just one extra thread.
If it turns into 10+ kooky threads then shut 'er down.

Raf is definitely sexier than Rog. ;-() :))
But not even close to Sexy Lips! :rofl_2:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Rafa, the sexiest man alive
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2013, 06:47:56 PM »
No problem if you all want this thread to stay open. Some folks were complaining that this was open....and others were complaining that they they want it closed.   So it really doesn't matter with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SexyLatina

• Tennis Player
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2013, 09:18:36 PM »
well, I'm not sure why people are complaining about this thread. I just expressed my opinion. Can we not talk about our favorite players and how we feel about them on this board?

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2013, 09:24:02 PM »
LOL you must be Alex  :rofl_2:

TOMMY HAAS