Tennis Discussions > Tennis Discussions

Why I'm picking Stan to beat Djokovic

<< < (2/6) > >>

monstertruck:

--- Quote from: NADAL2005RG on September 06, 2013, 04:45:23 AM ---If Djokovic loses then it will be cool to say both Federer and Djokovic were too scared to face Nadal  :rofl_2: but in truth  , after what we saw in Australia.

I'm not sure what is best, receiving the #1 ranking with one of the most lopsided finals in history, or not receiving the #1 ranking but beating Djokovic for he 2nd time at US Open final. I literally can't make up my mind on this. First time I've ever failed to decide on something.

--- End quote ---
:zipped:

NADAL2005RG:
I mean beating Djokovic in the final again would be a much better feeling than beating Wawrinka, but I have a lot of trouble seeing Djokovic on my TV screen. Djokovic is unwatchable.

Babblelot:

--- Quote from: monstertruck on September 06, 2013, 05:40:55 AM ---
--- Quote from: Babblelot on September 06, 2013, 01:05:12 AM ---First, let's look at their last meeting, 4R 2013 AO. Djokovic narrowly escaped on his favorite court, 1-6, 7-5, 6-4, 6-7 (5), 12-10. And not without controversy. IIRC Stan got a horrible call late in the match that would have impacted the outcome. Stan has only gained confidence since then, something that he's been lacking his entire career. In his own words, that match made him believe he belongs with the best.

Second, Murray and Djokovic have predicated their games around playing one another, and this summer, the tour has passed them by. Maybe chalk that up to faster North American hard courts. Whatever the case, his commitment to defense and surrender of valuable court position will be Nole's undoing, just as it was Murray's. For some reason, these two didn't get the memo. Nadal did. He's a little professor. He made the necessary adjustments and is playing much more aggressively and has conceded little court position relative to years past.

My Pick: Stan def. Djokovic

--- End quote ---
I think there's a not so subtle shirt occuring on the ATP away from supreme defense and ultra conservative play.  Oh, and look who's on the leading edge-  Rafa Nadal. 

In a previous post, I mentioned that last night's match between Nole and The Colonel was called 'pattycake' tennis by The Chief.  I believe she's right.  Lengthy rallies with most shots falling within the inner third of the court, neither player advancing beyond the baseline unless forced to do so....my God, it was nauseateing.  Nole looked like he had turned into the Andy (not Roddick) of old, Mr. Passive.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, The Chief nailed it. I call it pattycake, too.

foaquin:
I  clearly remember you picking Ferrer over Tsonga at the FO this year,   and you were 100% accurate,  but I think this time your prediction will not be fulfilled,     but if Stan does beat Djoko  I will definitely ask you advice for future bets.

Babblelot:

--- Quote from: foaquin on September 06, 2013, 06:38:15 AM ---I  clearly remember you picking Ferrer over Tsonga at the FO this year,   and you were 100% accurate,  but I think this time your prediction will not be fulfilled,     but if Stan does beat Djoko  I will definitely ask you advice for future bets.

--- End quote ---

:laugh-bounce:

I only go big when I make one of these predictions.

I don't find picking Rafa, Murray, Nole, or Roger that insightful.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version