Author Topic: The Castle  (Read 5358 times)

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
Re: The Castle
« Reply #200 on: November 20, 2013, 04:46:18 PM »
Emma and CD...

How about we make a pact? We agree to post daily at Camelot in return of friendship from both of you.

After a while we work our way back up and prove we are worth Camelot- the greatest forum on the planet.

How does that sound? After all: united we stand, divided we fall.
Oh Sheesh Y'all T'was A Dream

Offline Slasher1985

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
« Reply #201 on: November 20, 2013, 05:05:23 PM »
I don't know what to say, Emma. Thanks for the words. I do agree that people do the nastiest things once they're angry.

I am working a late night for the first time in 2 months trying to solve the ranking issues of 1974. I'll be thinking about what you said. I'm afraid to start posting any part of my research anymore on Camelot, so that it won't be gone someday overnight. I sure cannot guarantee posting there daily, but I'm sure that CD doesn't want that. He wants uniform posting on every forum I participate upon. He was complaining about me spending time on MTF, which is a forum I spend time upon when I don't have time for anything of good quality, otherwise I focus on my research. The one thing I wanna see is communication: CD just PM me about what you think I'm doing wrong, talk to me before doing anything rash (that is what got me angry). Admin or Mod job, I do not need.

Thanks again.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #202 on: November 21, 2013, 11:18:38 AM »
Hi Slasher, I get your point. There should have been some form of communication before that. Now, I don't go to MTF at all so I am really not aware who's doing what where, but at the same time, I understand that's your primary forum and if and when you have time, you'd like to spend your time there first. These are all good points.

However, communication just doesn't start and end from one side. It involves both sides. When CD made you one of the Admins, you should have realized right away that it came with certain responsibilities and it didn't only involve moderating the forum, but so much more like, for example, contributing on a bit more regular basis to keep the forum up and running. Given that it's a brand new forum, the implication was just a bit too obvious, innit. And if you were really not interested in any of these responsibilities, then you should have communicated back to CD and you should have stated exactly what you are stating now. So as I see it, the communication was missed on both accounts. At first, I had only CD to speak to at that forum and I did so because I valued his friendship, but most importantly, his attempt at getting something brand new needed some help from friends. Just making sure if you have the live ranking thread there or not or even checking the mod status is somewhat selfish IMO, and undermines the friendship CD had in you, that is, if there was any true friendship to begin with. 

Anyway, you can still go back and post as a regular poster or you can choose to avoid it altogether but you can't honestly say that it was CD who was at fault and no one else. I am just here as a third person to show both of you as to where you two, I think, went wrong.
You are everything I am not.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #203 on: November 21, 2013, 11:22:13 AM »
Emma and CD...

How about we make a pact? We agree to post daily at Camelot in return of friendship from both of you.

After a while we work our way back up and prove we are worth Camelot- the greatest forum on the planet.

That's a sarcastic remark, freaky, so I can't take you seriously there. You always have the option to post as a regular poster of course. If CD takes away my Admin status, I will be just fine and continue to post just as I always do. An online forum mod/admin status is not very appealing to me but that's just me speaking for myself since I can't speak for others.

Offline Slasher1985

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
« Reply #204 on: November 21, 2013, 11:50:02 AM »
Fair enough to say about communicating from both of us was a problem. But you are incorrect in stating that posting my live rankings and not doing anything else is selfish. You have no idea how much time I spend on the thing making it work properly so that anyone from any forum it operates on doesn't see any errors. Every two hours it updates by itself, and nowadays errors are minimal, but it took be 2 years to perfect it, out of my own free time, and I post it for free on forums, without asking for any profit (from an eventual website where any click would bring me money) or for anything else back.

Just during Paris and London, I had a "job" every day fixing errors, sacrificing some of my evenings with my daughter to repair the code, fix the bugs, so that everyone is please. After that, Skydrive closed my account, and I had a different job to do while fixing bugs after the Race was reset. Even though I don't post (let's say anywhere), that self-updating live rankings link is a continuing work. I could drop a link just about anywhere is what you're saying. But I created a thread in order to actively answer questions about it and repair any error anyone reports in that thread. Is this selfish?

And no, I didn't say it was CD's fault for not communicating with me, but he is the one who started talking badly about me, offending me, after apparently I wronged him. And yes, that is his fault. If he got so upset, it would have been only fair to talk to me first before calling me a mouse and a backstabber everywhere, trying to denigrate me.

And yeah I thought about it, and I refuse to come on Camelot for the time being. I wish to think about this for longer.

And honestly, even though everyone is gonna say I should not... You may call it fake, but I am always honest with these things:

CD, I am sorry that I have failed to contribute to your forum during my time there. I should have opened up at least 10 minutes/day for it. I regret and wish I could take it back, but I cannot.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #205 on: November 21, 2013, 01:02:15 PM »
Slasher, I appreciate the amount of work you put in your live ranking and I can see how dear it is to you. And why not? You have worked very hard for it. So if anyone deletes it or shows no respect, it is bound to hurt your feelings. Similar thing just happened to CD and his forum. He worked very hard for it and expected his friends whom he trusted to take a bit more seriously. And so when that didn't happen as much as he expected and I don't think expected too much, his feelings too got hurt. So he did the next best thing he knew. He didn't think you cared; therefore, he didn't want to care about you or you live ranking. You see my point?

And I understand that you are very busy. We all are more or less. I have so much interest in other things that I am not even interested in relationships, raising a family etc. I am not interested in doing the mundane stuff in life that we typically do.  For example, I can totally see myself not posting on any forums at all and utilize that time to do some more research on different things online, learn something, take some classes etc. But I am still posting on Camelot because right now, it feels like the right thing to do and I am happy to post.

When and where though CD started to talk badly about you? Was it after the incident or before? Because I believe he didn't like it when you said at Tennis Frontier that he cast you aside. I didn't know about this but CD later told me in his PM. This could have sorted out via PM, really as I see it. Otherwise it seems he cast you aside for no reason and that's not the whole truth or the absolute truth. And it doesn't make us look good either, so perhaps he took it personally and went from there.

Anyway, I don't mean to prolong this. I'd like to believe you are a nice family guy. My exchanges with you have always been very good. And I've never seen you resort to unnecessary name callings or have never seen you in destructive mode either like Alex, so I trust that, in the end, you will make a good judgment call. The door is always open for you if I have any say to this. CD is pretty forgiving and forgetting type of person and I believe you are too. Hope everything goes well for you especially with your live ranking and the new house that you are moving into very shortly. And hopefully you two won't fight anymore because in the big scheme things, none of this matters, really.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #206 on: November 25, 2013, 02:43:24 PM »

:)) :))

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #207 on: November 25, 2013, 04:31:28 PM »

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #208 on: November 25, 2013, 04:33:28 PM »

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #209 on: November 26, 2013, 01:36:54 PM »
folks don't forget to check out Camelot elite tennis society.

increase your options. more friends means more fun. more places to post means more experiences.

I don't just post at one place. I post here at tennis4you, at Camelot, at tennis warehouse, and at tennis frontier.

I have met a lot of nice people this way. I cannot be any happier with the progress we are making at Camelot. it is exciting stuff.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 01:37:31 PM by Clay Death »

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #210 on: November 27, 2013, 11:21:05 PM »

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #211 on: November 27, 2013, 11:22:47 PM »

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #212 on: December 05, 2013, 09:03:34 PM »
here is something for the Nole fans:

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #213 on: December 09, 2013, 04:34:59 PM »

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #214 on: December 09, 2013, 04:35:49 PM »

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #215 on: December 09, 2013, 04:37:04 PM »
here is something for the Federer fans:

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #216 on: December 10, 2013, 06:02:42 PM »

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #217 on: December 10, 2013, 06:03:20 PM »

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #218 on: March 25, 2014, 06:55:53 PM »
Emma and CD...

Do yourself a fave don't bother. ;-() that free advice.