Tennis Discussions > Tennis Discussions

Can Federer Win Another Slam

(1/7) > >>

Clay Death:
can roger win another slam?

what surface represents the best chance for him? is it grass?

you have the floor. have at it and have fun.

Babblelot:
I'm interested to see what he does this indoor season. That aside, I'm thinking grass remains his best chance. After all, he's tied with Pete at 7 so I'd think he'd try to peak at Wimbledon.

Clay Death:
I just wonder what portion of his decline is mental. he low on confidence.

additionally part of this decline is due to his absolute refusal to change his game.

he is not willing to engage them in battle longer. his points are too quick.

It's like he is going for broke. he could try grinding it out more.

high risk tennis is ok if it is working out.

now is the time is play a bit more high percentage tennis.

Tennis4you:
I don't think he can.  I believe the field is too strong and these days he seems to be too streaky from one match to the next.  I hope I am wrong I would love to see him snag another.

If he is going to pull it off the draw really needs to open up and he would probably only have to play one of the top players.

Time will tell.

jesse james:

--- Quote from: Clay Death on September 14, 2013, 01:49:30 PM ---I just wonder what portion of his decline is mental. he low on confidence.

additionally part of this decline is due to his absolute refusal to change his game.

he is not willing to engage them in battle longer. his points are too quick.

It's like he is going for broke. he could try grinding it out more.

high risk tennis is ok if it is working out.

now is the time is play a bit more high percentage tennis.

--- End quote ---

Why do you wonder 'what portion of his decline is mental'?, as if the mental and the physical could be argued over as if they were part of some ideological struggle.
It's just getting old, you win less. It isn't something that's solvable by a strategy change-if it were, guys wouldn't peak in their mid to late thirties.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version