Author Topic: ERSTE BANK OPEN, VIENNA  (Read 498 times)

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
  • In the blink of an eye, the universe.
ERSTE BANK OPEN, VIENNA
« on: October 13, 2013, 12:38:37 PM »
ERSTE BANK OPEN VIENNA 14th -20th October 2013
ATP 250

Link to official site:

http://www.erstebank-open.com/en/

Juan Martin Del Potro is the current champion here,but isnt playing it.  The field includes:

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga;       Tommy Haas;
Fabio Fognini;     Philipp Kohlschreiber (GER)
Radek Stepanek;  Gael Monfils (FRA)
Vasek Pospisil;     Lukas Rosol.

Id like to see Haas or Kohlshreiber win here, but am interested to see how Pospisil does too. 

The singles draw:
 http://www.atpworldtour.com/Share/Event-Draws.aspx?Year=2013&EventId=337&Draw=ms

The doubles draw:
http://www.atpworldtour.com/Share/Event-Draws.aspx?Year=2013&EventId=337&Draw=md

My doubles team here are Frystenberg / Matkowski

Schedule for Monday 14th October:
 http://www.atpworldtour.com/Scores/schedule.aspx?EventId=337
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 12:51:03 PM by Gawdblessya »
Carpe Diem

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Re: ERSTE BANK OPEN, VIENNA
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 11:57:26 AM »
Thx for posting the threads GBY.

Unfortunately some stuff happened so I won't be going to Vienna. Well I hope I get the action from the TV at least.
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 02:37:43 PM »
Sorry you won't be able to get to Vienna, Lugburz.  But hopefully Haas will give you ( and me ) plenty to enjoy on the TV.

Results ( including qualifier round)  for 14th October:

R Stepanek       defeats      M Fischer   75 63   
M Mecir   defeats      K Krawietz   63 76(5)   
M Basic   defeats      M Fucsovics     61 61      
L Rosol   defeats      J Huta Galung  63 75      
R Bemelmans   defeats   J Pospisil   62 36 63   
I Bozoljac   defeats       A Ungur   46 63 64

Schedule for 15th October:
http://www.atpworldtour.com/scores/schedule.aspx?year=2013&eventid=337
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 02:38:17 PM by Gawdblessya »
Carpe Diem

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 11:42:26 AM »
Mecir fought really hard and he has a pretty good game. This is the 1st time I've seen him play so it was a nice surprise.

Fortunately it wasn't enough to beat Tommy today who won 7-5 7-6  :cool: Pretty tight match overall but Tommy managed to up his game in crucial moments.

All in all solid match, Haas is facing Sexy Lips next  :gleam: Old school indoor tennis, although Tommy kinda complained about the court speed.....

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 03:27:29 PM »
It was nice to see Stepanek play his game in the first set against Haas.  RS has such a unique
style & we got to see some imaginative lobs & serve / volley.  But TH has one of my favourite games on tour & it was good to see him take control in the second set, and win in straights. Hell play Rosol in the SF &  I hope he gets through just as straightforwardly  against him.
Tsonga faced an excellent challenge from Thiem in their QF match & got through via a tb in the 3rd set.  Hell face Robin Haase.   
Im expecting a Tsonga / Haas Final.
My doubles pick,  Fyrstenberg / Matkowski  are out, so Ill opt for  Murray/Peers as my second choice, although it looks as though they too are on their way out.

Schedule for the 19th October:
ENTRE COURT Start 2:00 pm
 Lukas Rosol (CZE)-v-  Tommy Haas (GER)
Not Before 3:00 pm
 Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRA) v- Robin Haase (NED)
Florin Mergea (ROU)/Lukas Rosol (CZE)
v
Jamie Murray (GBR) /John Peers (AUS) OR Dominic Thiem (AUT)/ OR Maximilian Neuchrist (AUT)
 Julian Knowle (AUT)/Daniel Nestor (CAN)-v-] Jaroslav Levinsky (CZE)/Mate Pavic (CRO)
Carpe Diem

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 07:45:37 AM »
Where does Rosol go in between these superb matches he plays?   He took the first set 63 against Haas & although less explosive, is playing well in this second set too. It's going with serve.

Rosol with a nice soft touch to the ball to get it just over the net - I like how he seems able to mix it up when needed.  But that serve is doing its work & seeing him through to 22.

Nice serving and play from Haas to hold to love & go up 32.  Can he break Rosol?  That will be key. 
Carpe Diem

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 10:13:25 AM »
How freaky is it that Nestor spent most of his career playing with Mark Knowles and now he's teamed up with Julian Knowle??? :confused1: Ffffffffreakeeeeeeeeey!
http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=AhZL_R4UI8MtqXgtFaEUU1qbvZx4?p=%22freaky%22+baby+commercial&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-122-1
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 10:04:44 AM »
This is amazing news for me as I didn't see any match since Mecir match. I've been having some difficult times in life that cost me Vienna trip to see Tommy live but finally some great news recently.

As I said I couldn't watch any match since 2nd round so I can't speak about his game, but am I glad to see him still competing and winning titles!

Thanks Tommy for making my day at least a bit brighter with your title in Vienna!

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2013, 06:14:39 AM »
I hope things brighten up for you Lugburz. Sorry to hear things are difficult for you at present.

I enjoyed the final, and Haas did well to remain focused & take the win.  I like him too, and am glad he could put a smile on your face.     :)   

But for me, the highlight of the tournament was to see Haase playing well again.  He promised a lot some time ago & I like how he can play. He's playing Basel too.
Carpe Diem