Author Topic: MENTAL GAME!!!!  (Read 1395 times)

alissa

MENTAL GAME!!!!
« on: July 18, 2005, 01:07:02 PM »
don't know what can I do, I have played tennis since I was 15, I'm 34 now.
I used to play agressive, be confident and not get like knob.
Now I star a match thinking that I can't play just passing the ball at a slow pace, and that is what I don, I used to have a good forehand, and now I can't hit the ball. just when I'm traing...
If you see me hitting the ball when I train, it is a differnet story in matches.
I'm playing like a B player...
Is there any place about mental thughness so that I don't get stressed, anxious, and I don't chocke? I have cero confidence in my game!!!!!!!!! ;>)

ThePro

mental
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 02:50:35 PM »
buy Brad Gilbert's book...."winning tennis ugly"

it will change your tennis life for the better.

Tomy

Contact me
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005, 02:24:30 PM »
Hi Alissa,

You can contact me at tomym@breakthru.com. Let's see if I can help...

T.

Offline blisteringboom

• Tennis God
MENTAL GAME!!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2005, 11:51:53 PM »
one thing i read was the fact that when young you think much less of the situation at hand therefore i suggest thinking less once i asked a junior player of like 6 after a match how he  avoided chocking and he told me he pretended he was batman draw confidence from something or maybe just sing a song in your hea avoiding thinking about technique and letting your old 15 year old instinct kick back in. hope this helps..
[/b]
"So soon it parted , lifting itself into the air. It bent the world did. High was low , low was high ,and so he soared into the ground that was the sky." Tyler Vergil

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
MENTAL GAME!!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2005, 06:28:29 AM »
There are several mental instructional articles at Tennis4you.com in the Lesson Lounge.  Also check out Tenniswarrior.com, he is all about the mental side of the game.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Anonymous

MENTAL GAME!!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2005, 08:02:38 PM »
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!