Author Topic: Intermittent Fasting  (Read 283 times)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
Intermittent Fasting
« on: November 17, 2013, 07:29:22 AM »
It sounds like something you wouldn't want to do but in a very short time it'll be just "normal".

I tried this before even reading about it, the pounds came off really quick and energy went through the roof.

It's easy and a side effect is that food bills will drop along with the pounds.
There will be very little muscle loss.

Along with this I added some whey protein concentrate and branched chain amino acids, I wanted to make sure my muscles had enough raw material, protein, to not lose muscle mass and even gain some.

Here's an article by Mercola, it covers the basics and more.

What we want to know is if this will help us on the courts? Yes it will in several ways.
Once a few pounds fall off there will be less stress on the supporting joints, knees, ankles, back and hips.
Movement will be somewhat quicker with the less weight and endurance will improve without having to support additional weight.
As a nice side benefit you'll look much better on the dance floor.  :cool:

Intermittent Fasting

« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 09:59:00 AM by Swish »

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
Re: Intermittent Fasting
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 10:57:27 AM »
thanks for posting this swish..i've been meaning to cut down on my intake but i just didn't have the initiative..
i've bookmarked the page for future reference..& i'll try this method from 24th onwards.. :)

Have you tried this method too ??? :O if, do post your results..
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
Re: Intermittent Fasting
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 12:02:52 PM »
thanks for posting this swish..i've been meaning to cut down on my intake but i just didn't have the initiative..
i've bookmarked the page for future reference..& i'll try this method from 24th onwards.. :)

Have you tried this method too ??? :O if, do post your results..

Tried it. Ate very little for breakfast, maybe two eggs and a slice of bread or nothing but coffee then my next meal was around 6:oo PM and some snacks later too.

Cheat once a week.  :)

I posted this on Talk tennis awhile back and got a lot of agreeing replies.

Besides that it works like crazy for me, lost 40 pounds awhile back in 4/5 months, gained back about ten and stayed there. If my weight creeps up I just skip the breakfast and take only whey protein with my vitamins.
Other effects, extra energy and slept very quickly all night all the time.

The vitamins also gave so much energy but they are not regular vitamins like one a day or anything like that.

Good luck and stop by with results, you'll have something to report I'm pretty sure.