Author Topic: Players you dislike and why?  (Read 10941 times)

Offline timd818

• Tennis God
Players you dislike and why?
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2005, 01:16:21 PM »
You were unsure whether or not it cost Serena the match because of that one point. I'm letting you know now that one point is not the match.
I've been a tennis bum for half my life.
I'll just be a bum for the other half.

Offline BitterBlueBong

• Tennis God
« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2005, 01:19:50 PM »
Quote from: "kittens25"
Quote from: "BitterBlueBong"
The Serena/Henin incident has been replayed on this board many times, including recently. Whether or not it cost Serena the match, it was an ugly moment and IMO enough reason not to like Justine Henin-Hardenne. This thread is sort of amusing because the bias of most posters practically screams out when they post about this player or that one, but fun to see them actually spell it out.

Would you have been slightly more forgiving, I didnt say liking her, she may have been a player you didnt like anyway for all I know nor do you have to, but would you have been slightly more forgiving, had she actually apologized for that incident and its unfairness?    I am just curious to get a view of a Serena fan on that, whether it would have made any difference if she had actually apologized, something she never did for whatever strange reason.

Leading up to that moment, I was indifferent to Justine. She was just a player, like everyone else, trying to win her matches. I thought it was simply disgusting and disgraceful. Adding insult to injury, her coach says she would have spoken up had it been any other player. The fact that she didn't apologize compounded my dislike and disdain for her but even if she had apologized, I still would not have looked at her the same after that.

Offline timd818

• Tennis God
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2005, 01:22:30 PM »
I'm not arguing against you about the fact that Henin cheated. It's on tape and everyone who watched the match seen it too.
But Serena shouldn't have let that bother her but it did and she lost her concentration and she lost the match because
she keeps on thinking about Henin cheating.

Offline BitterBlueBong

• Tennis God
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2005, 01:23:55 PM »
Quote from: "timd818"
You were unsure whether or not it cost Serena the match because of that one point. I'm letting you know now that one point is not the match.

Hopefully you're not really this dense. I said "whether or not it cost Serena the match..." meaning that whole tangent is beside the point. And LOL @ you trying to be informative. Please.

Offline timd818

• Tennis God
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2005, 01:24:55 PM »
You are definately right about bias poster.

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2005, 01:25:10 PM »

Hopefully you're not really this dense. I said "whether or not it cost Serena the match..." meaning that whole tangent is beside the point. And LOL @ you trying to be informative. Please.

...And what's with the new avatar. It's very... loud.
Be the change that you seek.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2005, 01:27:18 PM »
The Serena/Henin incident has been replayed on this board many times, including recently...

I find it amusing how it seems to work its way into several threads; this thread is not exceptional in that respect.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline timd818

• Tennis God
« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2005, 01:27:56 PM »
Because my last one is too big and it's getting old and I'm too lazy searching for one so I used one from the site.

Offline BitterBlueBong

• Tennis God
« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2005, 01:28:59 PM »
You are definately right about bias poster.

I'm going to assume you meant biased posters and say yes, it remains very clear.

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2005, 01:30:50 PM »
Leading up to that moment, I was indifferent to Justine. She was just a player, like everyone else, trying to win her matches. I thought it was simply disgusting and disgraceful. Adding insult to injury, her coach says she would have spoken up had it been any other player. The fact that she didn't apologize compounded my dislike and disdain for her but even if she had apologized, I still would not have looked at her the same after that.

Ok thanks.    I dont see why she doesnt atleast apologize, everybody knows what happened, there is not point hiding a cat in a bag, the cat has already clawed its way out.    I mean a young girl most of the time is forced to apologize to her parents for swearing, or kicking her big brother.   Yet she cant bring herself to apologize for commiting a flagrant violation of the rules and of minimal sporting ethics on centre stage in front of the world.     ..-)

Offline BitterBlueBong

• Tennis God
« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2005, 01:31:25 PM »
Quote from: "Babblelot"
The Serena/Henin incident has been replayed on this board many times, including recently...

I find it amusing how it seems to work its way into several threads; this thread is not exceptional in that respect.

There always seems to be someone who wants his/her memory to be refreshed about the incident, then people immediately align themselves with Serena or Henin and thus begins a new (but rehashed) debate.

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2005, 01:38:00 PM »
Just for the record I like Justine much more than Serena, and cheer for Justine every time they play.    ;)

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #72 on: July 26, 2005, 01:39:13 PM »
There always seems to be someone who wants his/her memory to be refreshed about the incident, then people immediately align themselves with Serena or Henin and thus begins a new (but rehashed) debate.

Something like that...never a Serena apologist playing "The Hand" card first, right BBB?

Nah
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #73 on: July 26, 2005, 01:40:29 PM »
Just for the record I like Justine much more than Serena, and cheer for Justine every time they play.    ;)

:-o  I feel like I've just been slapped.
Be the change that you seek.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #74 on: July 26, 2005, 01:41:27 PM »
Quote from: "wilsonboy"

:-o  I feel like I've just been slapped.

Me too!  I love Serena and Venus!

Offline BitterBlueBong

• Tennis God
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2005, 01:53:32 PM »

Something like that...never a Serena apologist playing "The Hand" card first, right BBB?

Nah

It could go either way. In this thread (feel free to go back and look) and in other threads on this forum (go ahead and search those as well), someone asks what happened or wants more details. And I really don't care who brings it up, my point is that it happens often.

But in repsonse to Kittens, needless to say I'm cheering for Serena each time she plays Justine (which has only been once since then). But I don't feel the need to talk s**t about Justine, I'd rather let Serena's racquet do the talking.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2005, 02:29:57 PM »
...I really don't care who brings it up, my point is that it happens often.

And my point is that a true champion, say, like Pete Sampras, could pull his s**t together and overcome his emotions despite the adverse circumstances (see Sampras v. Courier, '95 AO QF to refresh your memory). Hence, I refer to all y'all as Serena apologists.

Offline BitterBlueBong

• Tennis God
« Reply #77 on: July 26, 2005, 02:30:58 PM »
...I really don't care who brings it up, my point is that it happens often.

And my point is that a true champion, say, like Pete Sampras, could pull his s**t together and overcome his emotions despite the adverse circumstances (see Sampras v. Courier, '95 AO QF to refresh your memory). Hence, I refer to all y'all as Serena apologists.

Good for Pete. And who exactly is a Serena apologist?

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #78 on: July 26, 2005, 02:48:44 PM »

Well, it should be clear...unless you've been smoking whatever it is in your bong the past hour or so.

But, I'll spell it out for you, nonetheless. A Serena apologist is one who professes that "The Hand" cost Serena the match.

Offline BitterBlueBong

• Tennis God
« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2005, 02:52:20 PM »

Well, it should be clear...unless you've been smoking whatever it is in your bong the past hour or so.

But, I'll spell it out for you, nonetheless. A Serena apologist is one who professes that "The Hand" cost Serena the match.

So why have you included "all y'all" instead of the people who actually believe it cost her the match?

*ETA: And in case you've been smoking something, I meant who on this board.