Tennis Discussions > Tennis Discussions

ATP TOURNAMENTS 3-9 FEBRUARY 2014

<< < (3/3)

Lugburz:
It was a disappointing loss but I'm still proud. Soon to be 36 year old, Tommy's still defying the odds beating youngsters only to lose in the final.

Gawdblessya:

--- Quote from: Babblelot on February 08, 2014, 06:23:44 PM ---Thanks GBY. Just got to watch Gasquet take down Jerzy. Impressive indeed especially considering indoors is where Jerzy made his name. I wonder if Jerzy is going to be amount to anything more than a dangerous floater. He sure seems to be nothing more than that.

--- End quote ---

Well, Monfils gave Gasquet a lesson today. Congratulations to him on winning his 5th ATP title.  He has done well thus far this year, as runner up in Doha & winner here.   Pity Gasquet wasn't up to a better challenge. He couldn't find a single break point against the Monfils serve. I suspect his best match here was against Janowicz.  Babblelot, you ask a good question about JJ.  Mind you, I'd like more "dangerous floaters" out there to rock the boat on a regular basis. 
And my pair Gicquel / Mahut lost . 

In Zagreb, Cilic got the job done in straight sets too, winning his 10th title.  Sorry Haas couldn't win it, Lugburz.
Nice to see Rojer / Tecau win their first ATP title here.

The Fognini / Almagro SF in Chile looks well contested, going to a tb in the 3rd set.  I hope I can watch it somewhere.  FF ought to beat F. Mayer, who won the other SF.  But this is FF we're talking about, so who knows!  :)

Gawdblessya:
Well done to Fognini!  He took the title in the Royal Guard Open, continuing an excellent run on clay.

Babblelot:
Good to hear Almagro was back on court. Something tells me he might have choked away his opportunities to win! What a nightmare if so lol

Babblelot:

--- Quote from: Gawdblessya on February 10, 2014, 03:11:51 PM ---Well done to Fognini!  He took the title in the Royal Guard Open, continuing an excellent run on clay.

--- End quote ---

Yea!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version