Author Topic: Is anybody posting anything on this board any more?  (Read 1247 times)

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
Is anybody posting anything on this board any more?
« on: June 18, 2014, 09:06:11 PM »
So, I decided to come back but this place is absolutely dead. I don't get it. Nobody talks even about Wimbledon. Only 40 posts regarding RG. What's happening? Where is everyone? wow

Offline tennisisland.us

• Tennis Player
  • Learn Improve Succeed
    • Tennis Island
Re: Is anybody posting anything on this board any more?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 06:05:22 AM »
What would you like to know?:)
Professional tennis drills and articles. Over 1300 materials from top coaches around the world.

http://tennisisland.us

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 02:28:15 PM »
Not as active as we once were.  Pretty slow.  Start some discussions, see what happens.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 08:17:46 PM »
Scott, I will try but so many old members are simply gone. It's not your fault but it's bizarre. I had my reasons for leaving the board for a while but it's in the past now. Babs is nowhere to be found. Sid too. Dmas, MT, Kittens  ... I can go on and on.  I miss Chris very much. Dallas is slacking too.

There is a new tennis forum. I will not even mention their name, but they are pretty active. I do not like the format or moderators there (they all used to be active on tennis.com before they completely shut down the forum) so I don't post on that 'frontier board'. MTF is still a jungle but it's crazy busy. There are thousands of posts being generated every minute. Most is complete crap but still.

We used to have so many good quality discussions.

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 09:01:47 PM »
yeah, guess with the face book, twitter? etc, many people left the message board.  But I am a loyal and old-fashioned old woman, i still post in the same tennis message boards for 13 years  :king:

BBM: The greatest romantic film of all times

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 06:56:25 PM »
Whatever, just post when you want.
I don't like facebook or twitter, I'm too old for that.  :rofl_2:

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Is anybody posting anything on this board any more?
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2014, 11:24:16 AM »
Well I'm guilty. I not only keep up with my own Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts, but I am also the administrator of those accounts for my church so I'm very busy on other sites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2014, 01:59:38 PM »
Well I'm guilty. I not only keep up with my own Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts, but I am also the administrator of those accounts for my church so I'm very busy on other sites.

So much for retirement, eh? :whistle:

I don't do MyFace or Spacebook, never mind Instatwit.

Sent from my 2008 HP Pavilion PC using a keyboard.

Glad to hear you are keeping busy Dallas. :)
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2014, 09:44:55 PM »

So much for retirement, eh? :whistle:

I don't do MyFace or Spacebook, never mind Instatwit.

Sent from my 2008 HP Pavilion PC using a keyboard.

Glad to hear you are keeping busy Dallas. :)

I'm still hanging in here too.  Still watching a lot of tennis (just haven't posted a lot like I use to...but tennis is still #1!!!)

Offline xartiex

• Tennis God
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2014, 04:54:56 PM »
Hi guys. Still around lol. I dont make highlights for the Videos section anymore but I guess I just drop in every now and then to see what's up!  :))

Offline FreeBird

• Tennis God
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2014, 08:25:21 PM »
I post on occasion.

Very special occasion....lol
Good luck on the court is nice to have, but it's usually extraneous when playing against Baker.

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2014, 09:38:40 AM »
I'm guilty of getting busy as well. What with getting married, buying a house and all that stuff I haven't been able to watch much or post much. But I do still follow everything in the tennis world and have recently started playing. In fact I am even trying to finally sell my nCode 6.1 95s and buying a new racquet - as unjustified as it seems since i have no competitive play.

Hopefully I'll be around more often :) I know Bab got a dog, and Chris got a girl so they're busy with their respective.. pets? I don't know about the others.

Offline FreeBird

• Tennis God
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2014, 10:12:50 AM »
I'm guilty of getting busy as well. What with getting married, buying a house and all that stuff I haven't been able to watch much or post much. But I do still follow everything in the tennis world and have recently started playing. In fact I am even trying to finally sell my nCode 6.1 95s and buying a new racquet - as unjustified as it seems since i have no competitive play.

Hopefully I'll be around more often :) I know Bab got a dog, and Chris got a girl so they're busy with their respective.. pets? I don't know about the others.

Dr P - great to hear from you!  You have gotten busy!  Wait until kids...that's my excuse :)  Most importantly though, glad to hear you're getting on the court again.  Do not fret about new sticks; do whatever is needed to keep you on the court.
Good luck on the court is nice to have, but it's usually extraneous when playing against Baker.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2014, 09:44:18 PM »
I'm busy but still post. Not hovering over the boards like in the past but take a few minutes at least to input some of my views in tennis and other areas.

Most here just like the tennis of course. I like to add some other areas in other sections that may appeal to some.

It would be nice to have an area to discuss health, injuries and other tennis related issues.
Something like best pre/postmatch drinks, what some are doing to address physical performance issues on the court.
Type of insoles that work the best, types of shoes that give stability.
What regimen is good for various problems like tennis elbow.
You get the idea.

There's a lot of untapped areas that would help gain posters.

Nothing will happen if no effort is offered.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2014, 06:25:40 PM »
So, I decided to come back but this place is absolutely dead. I don't get it. Nobody talks even about Wimbledon. Only 40 posts regarding RG. What's happening? Where is everyone? wow

Hi Alex! :bye1:

Sorry I'm not around, but I'm just not around anywhere. My life has morphed into Scott's since starting my new job. I work regular hours, then come home and write up notes. But I often go half assed on my notes during the week and save them for the weekend. I've disappeared on all forms of social media. Like the job but hate this aspect of it.   :Confused:
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2014, 06:31:46 AM »

Sorry I'm not around, but I'm just not around anywhere. My life has morphed into Scott's since starting my new job. I work regular hours, then come home and write up notes. But I often go half assed on my notes during the week and save them for the weekend. I've disappeared on all forms of social media. Like the job but hate this aspect of it.   :Confused:
Hope the wife and kids are fine and that your new biz is doing well.
See you at church on Sunday.

Love
MT
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2014, 07:15:33 AM »

Hey Babs, good to see you. Well, you are not posting here that often for all good reasons. I wish you luck with your new job. Now, we just need to find you a fine woman and you'll be all set  :))

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2014, 05:59:49 AM »
I've been busy with my Post Graduation studies( Masters) for the past year..still have 1 more year to go..hopefully, i'll be posting something from now on..
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2014, 12:23:35 PM »
Good to see you Ash and good luck with your master degree.

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2014, 01:04:54 PM »
Thanks Alex..all's well there i hope !!
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.