Author Topic: Is anybody posting anything on this board any more?  (Read 1174 times)

Offline FreeBird

• Tennis God
Re: Is anybody posting anything on this board any more?
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2014, 04:05:59 PM »
So, I decided to come back but this place is absolutely dead. I don't get it. Nobody talks even about Wimbledon. Only 40 posts regarding RG. What's happening? Where is everyone? wow

Hi Alex! :bye1:

Sorry I'm not around, but I'm just not around anywhere. My life has morphed into Scott's since starting my new job. I work regular hours, then come home and write up notes. But I often go half assed on my notes during the week and save them for the weekend. I've disappeared on all forms of social media. Like the job but hate this aspect of it.   :Confused:
Hope the wife and kids are fine and that your new biz is doing well.
See you at church on Sunday.

Love
MT

:rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:
Good luck on the court is nice to have, but it's usually extraneous when playing against Baker.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2014, 09:17:42 AM »
I'm guilty of getting busy as well. What with getting married, buying a house and all that stuff I haven't been able to watch much or post much. But I do still follow everything in the tennis world and have recently started playing. In fact I am even trying to finally sell my nCode 6.1 95s and buying a new racquet - as unjustified as it seems since i have no competitive play.

Hopefully I'll be around more often :) I know Bab got a dog, and Chris got a girl so they're busy with their respective.. pets? I don't know about the others.
Congrats Professor!
Hopefully you still have enough time to hit with your Bro occasionally.  :foingers crossed:

All the best,
MT
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2014, 09:02:46 PM »
Sorry guys, but this place is dead. There are days and days where nobody is posting anything. I don't understand why. I can open many interesting threads but I don't feel like talking to myself. Even challenger level matches generate 50 posts on MTF. If a thread involves Djokovic, Federer or Nadal you get sometimes close to 1000 responses per one single thread. During Wimbledon, the most popular tournament in the world, we managed to have around 175 posts here, pathetic.

I hate to complain but nobody posted anything here in last 4 days. Forget about old farts here. Why can't we attract new members?

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2014, 10:28:51 AM »
Hi Alex,

Being a low-profile person, I'm quite neutral about being forgotten but to me it is pretty clear what is wrong with the board. For a start, it is very hard to get any sort of discussion going but the major problems as I see them are things that I hesitate to put in writing partly because I don't wish to cause offence and partly because I probably do not know the whole story.

If anyone wants to know, see me at the Cincinnati tournament in August. Meanwhile, I am off to England on Sunday for two weeks and will unfortunately be missing the Washington tournament this year where many of the promising new generation of players are appearing.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2014, 04:02:19 PM »
Euroka, why not say what's on your mind? Just say it. What's the problem? It can't get worse than this. Let's talk.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2014, 09:17:26 PM »
Alex, I sometimes just forget to come here.  There are so many different social media outlets out there now that it's difficult to keep up on the tennis forums when you can get your information about tennis out through facebook, twitter, instagram, etc.  Just my opinion. :))

Offline Benny

• Tennis Player
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2014, 01:44:40 AM »
Yikes. It's pretty quiet here. I guess most people go to the more popular websites.  :(
"Never change a winning game; always change a losing one."
-Bill Tilden

Search List:
Muster vs Stich Davis Cup: Not yet obtained

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2014, 06:08:01 PM »
Alex, I sometimes just forget to come here.  There are so many different social media outlets out there now that it's difficult to keep up on the tennis forums when you can get your information about tennis out through facebook, twitter, instagram, etc.  Just my opinion. :))
Dallas, maybe, maybe not. MTF and TW are as busy as always. You have that new board called 'tennis frontier', they seem to be doing just fine. I'd like to open some new threads  but what's the point when nobody is here any more. This wasn't the case a few years ago. I don't have a choice but to post on MTF.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 06:09:58 PM by Alex »

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2014, 11:42:34 AM »
I post elsewhere at times but mostly do reading to get the general pulse of the tennis world.

Another thing, I don't get fired up much anymore like in earlier times, too damn old.  :rofl_2:

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2014, 02:51:40 PM »
I post elsewhere at times but mostly do reading to get the general pulse of the tennis world.

Another thing, I don't get fired up much anymore like in earlier times, too damn old.  :rofl_2:
It's all good, just keep talking to Mimi. She needs a husband. You need a wife  :)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 02:54:37 PM by Alex »

Offline Nekro t4u

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2014, 02:51:26 AM »
This site is perfectly fine just like the other small boards.......... Actually it's much better off than MTF will ever be..... The reason? The leadership is completely fake there, no wonder with all the scamming they do, they have a reason to hide, then there are the endless bug issues.... Do you think they will ever fix those bugs, the post edit one, the disappearing threads and all the rest? VS must be changing their coders faster than they're changing their lame duck mods who can't answer any questions regarding those issues... The people who did all the hand coding to that site must have been college students who needed fast money and then they moved on to do some real work and the new tools ofc don't even know what the previous ones messed up..... why do you think their admins resign when they only start seeing the tip of the iceberg of corruption and mess there's on that site?  As for the traffic, it's mostly a sea of DAs, ppl with lots of free time already realized it's a jungle on that board and a medium level troll must have at least 30 banned DAs and 60 active ones..... and not even the most fanatical mod would want to sort out Sweet Cleos from Bullzillas all day lol...... do you think  that when there are so many hater, fanboy and psycho accounts there, there are not much more statslover DAs, which are much easier to pull off..........  that's why all the normal people are bolting from that board to fb and other places and that's why it's now just a circus of tryhards and teenage trolls.......

As for the fighting and stuff that happened here, it was nothing extreme or something that can't be fixed really.......  ppl should just leave the fighting to the messy sites and be happy about every poster these smaller and nicer sites get..... then all will be fine.....
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 02:53:05 AM by Nekro t4u »

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2014, 06:03:10 AM »

It's all good, just keep talking to Mimi. She needs a husband. You need a wife  :)

no, i don't need a husband.  I wanted it when I was younger, not now coz I am so damn old.  I want to earn enough $$$$ so that I can retire from work as soon as possible :grind dance: :ice cream:
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 06:03:41 AM by mimi »

BBM: The greatest romantic film of all times

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2014, 06:04:36 AM »
This site is perfectly fine just like the other small boards.......... Actually it's much better off than MTF will ever be..... The reason? The leadership is completely fake there, no wonder with all the scamming they do, they have a reason to hide, then there are the endless bug issues.... Do you think they will ever fix those bugs, the post edit one, the disappearing threads and all the rest? VS must be changing their coders faster than they're changing their lame duck mods who can't answer any questions regarding those issues... The people who did all the hand coding to that site must have been college students who needed fast money and then they moved on to do some real work and the new tools ofc don't even know what the previous ones messed up..... why do you think their admins resign when they only start seeing the tip of the iceberg of corruption and mess there's on that site?  As for the traffic, it's mostly a sea of DAs, ppl with lots of free time already realized it's a jungle on that board and a medium level troll must have at least 30 banned DAs and 60 active ones..... and not even the most fanatical mod would want to sort out Sweet Cleos from Bullzillas all day lol...... do you think  that when there are so many hater, fanboy and psycho accounts there, there are not much more statslover DAs, which are much easier to pull off..........  that's why all the normal people are bolting from that board to fb and other places and that's why it's now just a circus of tryhards and teenage trolls.......

As for the fighting and stuff that happened here, it was nothing extreme or something that can't be fixed really.......  ppl should just leave the fighting to the messy sites and be happy about every poster these smaller and nicer sites get..... then all will be fine.....

sweet cleos is brzilla?  umm, smart, observation, she could be ..........

Offline Nekro t4u

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2014, 06:44:06 AM »

sweet cleos is brzilla?  umm, smart, observation, she could be ..........
Nah, i just meant it's impossible to deal with all those DAs and that most of the traffic there is fake...... That's why ppl move more and more to fb and other, more normal places.....

Offline Nekro t4u

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2014, 06:47:57 AM »

no, i don't need a husband.  I wanted it when I was younger, not now coz I am so damn old.  I want to earn enough $$$$ so that I can retire from work as soon as possible :grind dance: :ice cream:
lol Mimi you're tot young yet and it's never late to get married, who wants to grow old alone..... I bet not even a laid back "mathisfun" guy like Dr Swish;)

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2014, 10:03:47 AM »
Mimi and Swish could make a perfect couple  :).

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2014, 06:58:01 AM »
Mimi and Swish could make a perfect couple  :) .

We're too damn old!!!  :spot on:

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2014, 10:07:30 PM »
Mimi and Swish could make a perfect couple  :) .

We're too damn old!!!  :spot on:

only you are old, I am only 14  :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :yay: :har-har:

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2014, 04:23:37 AM »
OK, Swish is too old, Mimi is 14 yo and she works too much ... we need to work something out here  :).  I don't want problems, I want some solutions  :)>>>>

Offline HarryWild

• Tennis God
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2014, 11:59:28 PM »
So, I decided to come back but this place is absolutely dead. I don't get it. Nobody talks even about Wimbledon. Only 40 posts regarding RG. What's happening? Where is everyone? wow

What are you talking about?  I hear now!  LOL!