Author Topic: Rafael Nadal pulls out of Canada, Cincinnati Masters  (Read 358 times)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
Rafael Nadal pulls out of Canada, Cincinnati Masters
« on: July 30, 2014, 05:36:23 PM »
http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/07/30/4263186/nadal-pulls-out-of-canada-and.html

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL (SportsNetwork.com) - World No. 2 Rafael Nadal withdrew from the Canada Masters and Cincinnati Masters on Wednesday after suffering a right wrist injury during practice on Tuesday.
Nadal felt pain in the wrist while training in Mallorca and tests revealed "a small disinsertion of the posterior ulnar pod of his right wrist," according to his manager, Benito Perez-Barbadillo.
The left-hander Nadal, who plays a two-handed backhand, will wear a cast for 2-to-3 weeks.

Nadal is the reigning champion at both the Rogers Cup, which will be held in Toronto from Aug. 4-10, and Western & Southern Open in suburban Cincinnati, which will be staged from Aug. 10-17.
The two events are major tune-ups for the U.S. Open, which will begin Aug. 25, with Nadal as the defending champ. The former world No. 1 is expected to return in time for the Open.

Nadal captured a record ninth French Open title in June, but has been idle since losing to rising Aussie Nick Kyrgios in the fourth round at Wimbledon on July 1.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/07/30/4263186/nadal-pulls-out-of-canada-and.html#storylink=cpy

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Re: Rafael Nadal pulls out of Canada, Cincinnati Masters
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 07:53:23 PM »
"a small disinsertion of the posterior ulnar pod of his right wrist".

Makes sense to me!

Bad news for Rafa, he will lose some of those points he needs to defend.  And of course really bad news for the US Open.  I assume he can still hit forehands exercise.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 02:02:08 AM »
That's 2000 points gone right there. Also there is no chance of defending the 2000 US Open points so he falls even further back of Djokovic. YE #1 basically sewn up right here.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline morganli

• Tennis Player
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 02:13:35 AM »
 yep, 2000 points - that a lot. feel sorry for Nadal. Anyway, Djokovic deserves to be no.1, he showed some great performance this year

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 06:26:56 AM »
Could that possibly push Nadal to #3 or worse?
Scott Baker

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 09:13:01 AM »
It is strange. Last time Nadal played the whole season (all mandatory masters, majors, WTF) was in 2007. I wish him a quick recovery but there is a part of me that is suspicious of all of his injuries, knees problems ... DP, Murray had some major injury issues ... still recovering. Rafa decides not to play for 5, 7 months at a time and comes back fresh as a daisy. Spanish doctors are simply amazing  :innocent:.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 06:30:16 PM »
It is strange. Last time Nadal played the whole season (all mandatory masters, majors, WTF) was in 2007. I wish him a quick recovery but there is a part of me that is suspicious of all of his injuries, knees problems ... DP, Murray had some major injury issues ... still recovering. Rafa decides not to play for 5, 7 months at a time and comes back fresh as a daisy. Spanish doctors are simply amazing  :innocent: .

Ha, yeah they are!  I need me some of them doctors!

Funny all this time has passed, I thought he knees would never take his this far.  Dude is a beast.
Scott Baker

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2014, 09:57:21 PM »
well, it sucks. I hate when players are injured. It's just that with Rafa I feel you never know nowadays. I'm pretty sure he'll be fresh for the USO.

Offline Benny

• Tennis Player
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2014, 12:28:11 PM »
Ouch. That's too bad. I guess this increases Djokovic's and Federer's chances of winning.
"If I don't practice the way I should, then I won't play the way I know I can."
-Ivan Lendl

Search List:
Muster vs Stich Davis Cup: Not yet obtained

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2014, 11:39:40 AM »
Ouch. That's too bad. I guess this increases Djokovic's and Federer's chances of winning.

Without a doubt.

DelPo may make an appearance soon too, that'll spice things up a little.  :king:

Offline Benny

• Tennis Player
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2014, 03:25:49 PM »
Murphy's Law is obviously preventing Rafael Nadal from ever defending a title off of clay. He'll recover soon enough though.
"If I don't practice the way I should, then I won't play the way I know I can."
-Ivan Lendl

Search List:
Muster vs Stich Davis Cup: Not yet obtained