Tennis Discussions > Tennis Discussions

Gamesmanship complaints in tennis

(1/1)

Nekro t4u:
Isn't there too much whining going on about gamesmanship and "cheating" in tennis? I mean come on, in footie there's much more acting for example and players would break each other's  legs without any prob to get some advantage..... Also, even in sports like water polo the players are getting kicked in the kidneys and whatnot's down there regularly....... compared to that tennis is a very softcore sport, so why do we have to read "moonballing cheater Nadull" and "Fakervic at it again" all the time?  Ofc tennis is supposed to be a gentlemanly sport but come on, Nadal bumping into Rosol is not such a big deal for example..... Is it classy? no...... but there was like zero damage, even mental one, to Rosol, these are professional athletes and should be able to handle tricks like that......   There's tons of whining  about Fognini too and many say he should be banned from tennis when imo the things he pulls off are totally innocent and good entertainment too :))

On a chess forum a guy wrote that seeing a guy get his glass eye out and clean it during a match would completely freak him out and make him lose his concentration for the rest of the match, but how funny such a scene would be? Some sort of gamesmanship can be very entertaining in every sport.........

What do you guys think?

Alex:
Nekro, I see your point but here is my problem. A guy who won Wimbledon a month ago suddenly forgot how to play tennis. Yes, it's my favorite player Djokovic. Disgusting performance, completely disinterested, shanking left and right, very pregnant if you wish.

Nadal, suddenly is having a wrist injury. He needs growth hormones to get better. Uncle Toni is holding his left hand in pictures I've seen on the net and Rafa's right hand is hurting ... OK, fine.

So, I don't buy any of this stuff (the word was supposed to be sh/it )any more. If I see both Djokovic and Nadal in the final of the USA I'm going to vomit. Sorry to be so vocal about this.

TheLogo:
Tennis is a sport heavy with 'traditionalism' and 'etiquette'.  The win at all costs attitude that has overtaken most team sports has not overtaken tennis...

Yet!

agreed that is it annoying as hell listening to people though.  So a guy took an injury break at an advantageous time?!  OMG!!  Call the etiquette police and string that bastard up.

Get real. 

It is sport, the idea is to win.

Nekro t4u:

--- Quote from: Alex on August 14, 2014, 06:15:10 PM ---Nekro, I see your point but here is my problem. A guy who won Wimbledon a month ago suddenly forgot how to play tennis. Yes, it's my favorite player Djokovic. Disgusting performance, completely disinterested, shanking left and right, very pregnant if you wish.

Nadal, suddenly is having a wrist injury. He needs growth hormones to get better. Uncle Toni is holding his left hand in pictures I've seen on the net and Rafa's right hand is hurting ... OK, fine.

So, I don't buy any of this stuff (the word was supposed to be sh/it )any more. If I see both Djokovic and Nadal in the final of the USA I'm going to vomit. Sorry to be so vocal about this.

--- End quote ---
Yes, I also miss the days when these 2 were winning tourney after tourney, Rafa the clay ones, Nole the HC ones, actually, as a fan i'm most proud of Rafa for his Clay Slam (3 Masters+RG) but you see they're not getting younger so they regenerate slower and are starting to get all those nasty age issues..... Roger at their age also started sniping at the important events and had great success with it..... On the other hand skipping like that is the other extreme, in Nadal's place i would use these tourneys to practice shotmaking no matter how early i go out, then he surely wouldn't have these problems losing early at Wimby to noname mugs......

As for the growth hormones, it's really facepalm-worthy, growth hormones in any sport are one step away from steroids, very smart with all those doping rumours ard, even if most stem only from jealousy, and then we haven't even talked about the dangerous side-effects to health......

--- Quote from: TheLogo on August 14, 2014, 10:56:05 PM ---Tennis is a sport heavy with 'traditionalism' and 'etiquette'.  The win at all costs attitude that has overtaken most team sports has not overtaken tennis...

Yet!

agreed that is it annoying as hell listening to people though.  So a guy took an injury break at an advantageous time?!  OMG!!  Call the etiquette police and string that bastard up.

Get real. 

It is sport, the idea is to win.

--- End quote ---
+1

monstertruck:
The only people that need to cheat are those that lack the skills to win.
Hence the asterisks beside all the GS titles that Stalldal and Bouncejokivic won by cheating......
But hey, a girls gotta do whatta girls gotta do.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version