Author Topic: Corfu Update  (Read 1097 times)

Offline TennisinCorfu

• Tennis Player
Corfu Update
« on: December 30, 2004, 08:42:10 AM »
This was our best year in the 2- years that I have been here!

This summer we started a game matching program for juniors, which, I think, is the only one of it’s kind in Europe and it was well received. Special thanks to Marianna (one of my most talented students) for being a good sport and helping us out with this! She played a couple of kids who weren’t very good in some incredible heat and handled herself like a real pro! Thanks ‘little Mac’!!

The women’s program here is getting pretty strong and we are now looking for teams to come here to Corfu for some team competitions. For additional information, contact me at flash189122@yahoo.com! The Vicky Cup will resume probably in February and we will also start a tennis ladder in February.

Two of our soon to be 10 year olds, Alexander and Aeneis, will be playing in their first tournaments very shortly! Alex will probably begin his tournament career in Holland and Aneas most likely will kick his off in England! These little guys have been working their butts off and I’m excited for them!

The Saturday morning academy has doubled since this time last year! We now have 3 sessions each Saturday and will probably need to start a fourth as soon as the weather warms up a little bit! We’re also planning to start a rallyball league for the kids during the summer!

Last year during Easter we held an Easter Camp and it went very well and will do this again this Easter. Dates will be determined shortly!

The club’s annual Christmas Party was a huge hit this year! 32 people turned out and a great time was had by all! Special thanks to the staff of the Corfu Holiday Palace and a special thanks to Brandy for baking the cookies!!

Special thanks goes out to the Lawn Tennis Association of Great Britain and a very special lady named Val Nuttral for sending us the balls from the Queens Club tennis tournament! Special thanks also to Jane and Julia for organizing this and handling the transportation from England to Corfu!

I’m still trying to convince Scott to come here to Greece and have a little competition with the viewers from tennis4you! I think it would be great fun! What do you guys think?

Finally, a special thanks goes out to everyone who helped make this an amazing year for me in Corfu! There are too many people to name here in this forum, and I don’t want to leave a single name out, so I’ll just say a great big thanks to everyone who played a part in the success of the Corfu Holiday Palace Tennis Center !!
Phil

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Corfu Update
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2004, 08:57:55 AM »
Well dude, if you told me Brandy was going to bake some cookies I would of come on over!

In all seriousness, it would be a blast, but I am still jump starting a business and I have a pregnant wifey.  :)

For all fo you who did not know, Phil has his own section at Tennis4you about the Tennis in Corfu and his experiences.  He left the US to teach in Corfu.  Here is the link.   http://www.tennis4you.com/corfu/corfu.htm

Thx for the update Phil, keep em coming!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com