Author Topic: So, is this a friendly board?  (Read 2016 times)

Offline shtexas

• Tennis Enthusiast
So, is this a friendly board?
« on: December 30, 2004, 11:21:41 PM »
Just came over from the constant foolishness on that "other" board.

Offline hummer23mm

• Tennis Addict
    • http://www.atptennis.com
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2004, 11:32:39 PM »
yes, i speak for scott when i say, that we are indeed a freindly and respecctful board.  we are a downright admiring crowd, if your name is anna k, of course.
Mike

Offline MC ill Logic

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2004, 03:15:23 AM »
Scott is one of the best moderators I've ever run across.  We can use a few more hard core regulars but this board is still hella cool.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2004, 06:36:38 AM »
shtexas,

I think we are a very friendly group.  We stay pretty active too, this is the off season for tennis and somehow we managed to find something to talk about tennis related.  We just moved from our old forums 2 weeks ago, so things may look a littl ebare overall, but we seem to be catching up quickly.  We left tens of thousands of posts behind, 5 years worth.  I am glad you stopped by!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Sebastien447

• Tennis Player
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2004, 09:29:20 AM »
I wish it were possible to combine this board with TAT. We need more regulars too!

Offline shtexas

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2004, 11:31:11 AM »
I actually think I may have been on this board before. I posted info on how to contact Comcast to request the tennis channel and then got an angry e-mail from the channel telling me I had to delete my posts because it may hurt negotiiations. I had to get the moderator to edit my post.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2004, 12:03:57 PM »
Interesting...  I do not recall that, I would of been the only person who could fo deleted the post.  But I seem like I remember the subject.  I am not sure in these new boards if a registered member has the option to delete their own post or just edit it.  It will be int he upper righth hand corner of each post.  Since I am the Admin I have all the choices, can someone conform for me if you can delete them too.

Your name looked familiar shtexas, I thought you had been to these boards before too (or the olds ones I should say)  Either way, glad u are back.  :)
Scott Baker

Offline thejackal

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2004, 05:28:07 PM »
Compared to the tenniswarehouse board, I guess there's a bit less knowledge and information overall, but we're way friendlier and a closer bunch.  There are maybe 10-15 regulars here and we're all ready to help whoever's in need.
official blogger

tennisconnected.com

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2004, 05:33:07 PM »
I think that as we gather new people our kowledge base will grow.  In terms of instructional I think we do great.  Playerwise we do well.  Equipment wise, well, I suck, I leave that to others.  :)

But we are always here and can always direct people to the right places as well.  I think we are a great resource for any need and a great place to talk tennis!
Scott Baker