Author Topic: Another Game:rate the tennis player  (Read 1385 times)

Offline kishkash

• Tennis Addict
    • http://www.inside-tennis.net
Another Game:rate the tennis player
« on: August 24, 2005, 12:42:19 PM »
Okay, a poster metions a tennis player and all the next person has to do is give a rating from 1-10, 10 being the best.

Rafael Nadal

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 01:57:04 PM »
I give him a 9.5.  I know many have told me I overate him.  But he is #2 in the world.  He has won a Masters Series on hard court over Agassi which is tough to do.  I am very impressed with his plan and I think he will only become more of an all-surface player has he gets older, maybe minus grass.

Hewitt
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 02:08:04 PM »

Hewitt is a great player, but there's still some room for improvement. He doesn't seem to do well against players in the top 5. Points off for his attitude though. He been pro for quite a while so I don't think that he has enough time left, age wise, to redeem himself.

Venus Williams
Be the change that you seek.

Offline kishkash

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2005, 02:37:26 PM »

If Venus hadn't won wimbledon, i would have rated her lower,much much lower. two years ago, she was at the max but now, her game is fading slowly. ever since wimbledon, nobody has heared of her, but still the U.S Open is coming......

:wub: Gael Monfils:wub:

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2005, 02:40:48 PM »
Quote from: "kishkash"

If Venus hadn't won wimbledon, i would have rated her lower,much much lower. two years ago, she was at the max but now, her game is fading slowly. ever since wimbledon, nobody has heared of her, but still the U.S Open is coming......

Are you freaking serious!!! a 7.5!! That's rediculous. Do you actully watch her play, or are you just doing it based on her rank? Venus deserves a 9 AT LEAST!!!!
Be the change that you seek.

Offline kishkash

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2005, 03:02:07 PM »
she plays with force and determination, a skill that was introduced by her and her sis.i'm telling you if i were to play against her, i would have run away from the tournament grounds immediately, never to be seen again, however, i personally think that her time is almost nearing to it's end, like i said her wimbledon win was a  massive surprise as well as an impressive feat, however, her loss to Karatantcheva (in the french open i think) showed that venus does have a weak side and can be seen as a top player but not as the fearsome lioness she was a couple of years back.if you would have asked me a couple of years back, i would hae instanatly given her an 11/10 but now, the upcoming stars are taking over.i don't mean to be brash wilson but well, it's my own opinion,it's not like i hate her or can't stand her or anything but i have to tell the truth just like i do with rafa sometimes and gael

Offline Arcforce

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2005, 07:33:13 PM »
I think that pre-Wimbledon Venus would've gotten a 2 from me. Her determination gets a 10 but her results were NOT on par with what we all know she could've been achieving. Because of the downward spiral she'd been on, Wimbledon made an even huger impression on me. Everyone had counted her out and nobody expected her to even make it to the second week but it's like all the work she'd been doing behind the scenes finally came to fruition that being only half of it -- the sheer fight she had in her was astounding. I think everyone, myself included, never expected Venus to keep that leve of tennis up but she came to Bank of the West and crawled on her knees to a final. Her semifinal vs Schnyder I had even counted her out and once again, she fought HARD and pulled it out. Based on the confidence she has now and the improvementes in her game, I certainly would give Venus a 9.5 though I'll be the first to say that if she isnt careful she could very easily slip back into a 2.

Monfils gets a 6 from me, as of now. As far as potential goes? I think he gets a 9 because the guy defintiely has talent. (he DID win 3 of the 4 jr. slams) He could really mature into a top player but as of now, he's still working his way up that tall hill of becoming a good player and I look forward to him improving.

Nicole Vaidisova

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
  • Formerly known as "#1federerfan"
Re: Another Game:rate the tennis player
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2005, 02:52:57 PM »
Quote from: "kishkash"
Okay, a poster metions a tennis player and all the next person has to do is give a rating from 1-10, 10 being the best.

Rafael Nadal

I give him a 7.5, he will have to win more slams for me to rate him higher and he would be better in my opinion if he would follow through and have his wrist on his right shoulder, instead of having it rest on his left one.  While it does give him more spin he loses pop that could help him in some situations.