Author Topic: 2005 AO - Sampras vs Courier  (Read 1461 times)

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
2005 AO - Sampras vs Courier
« on: January 02, 2005, 10:35:51 AM »
So I sit down an turn the tube on and I catch Sampras and Courier on the EPSN Classic.  I am thinking I caught some documentary on Sampras since they keep talking about him and he was talking too.  They were just showing bits and pieces of the match.  So I am pumped because I love watching anything with Sampras.  It turns out it was some 1995 review for sports, so that was the only thing they showed.  Bummed...

Anyone see this match though?  I missed it back when.  Unforutunetly I caught the finals where he got beat by Agassi.  But this was the tournament that Tom Gullikson passed out and was in the hospital.  Sampras was down 0-2 sets against Courier and then won the next two sets.  But Sampras' emotions got the best of him and he started crying.  Courier couldn't tell what was going on, Courier was cramping and he assumed Sampras was tired too and he kept backing off of the service line when it was his turn to serve.  Courier was making comments to Sampras about speeding things along and "we can finish this tomorrow", but he had no clue what was going on with Sampras ont he other side of the court.

6-3 in the 5th set to Sampras, I wish I would of seen that one.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com