Author Topic: Gas Prices  (Read 2499 times)

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Gas Prices
« on: August 31, 2005, 10:45:46 AM »
Gas here is getting expensive.  I cannot go anywhere without spending a fortune just to fill up, it sucks.  Here are some images I thought where funny, I got them today in an e-mail...

Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline DirtyKash

• Tennis God
  • Child labor laws are ruining this country.
Gas Prices
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 10:49:51 AM »
trust me, it's nothing there where you are, Scott...

Up here, we pay $1.149 canadian a liter, which works out to $3.63 US a gallon. How's that for expensive.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Gas Prices
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005, 10:58:51 AM »
Dang, that is nasty!  We are at $2.65 right now, the e-mail with the pics said that it was going to jump to $3.30 by the end of the year.  What a rip off.  I am going to start pissing in my gas tank and see if it works.
Scott Baker

Offline maranatha tennis

• Tennis Enthusiast
    • http://www.maranathatennis2000.com
rer
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2005, 11:32:43 AM »
We are $2.75 right now and they said 20 cent more by next week! Just recently it was in the news about Hawaii putting a cap on prices but I was $2 a gallon 20 years ago in HI!

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Gas Prices
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2005, 12:15:47 PM »
Wifey just called me from the road said it was up to $3.10 per gallon.  geesh!
Scott Baker

Offline BitterBlueBong

• Tennis God
Gas Prices
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2005, 01:05:24 PM »
The cheapest gas near me is $2.75, but elsewhere it is around $3.00. I am going to be bankrupt when all is said and done.

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
Gas Prices
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2005, 02:25:07 PM »
It's not just the gas prices that have gone up. I've noticed that a lot of items at the stores have gone up in prices as well. All the vending machines at my school sell snickers bars for freaking 85cents and lunch prices have gone up a considerable amount also. The sad thing about it is that the prices may continue to go up...
Be the change that you seek.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
Gas Prices
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2005, 07:36:12 AM »
Here in Britain it's about 87p a litre, that converts to about 1.60 US Dollars per litre. So its about 6.40 US Dollars for a gallon over here in Britain- its a total rip off as about 70% of it is tax. I'd be delighted with the US prices if I moved to the States.
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline maranatha tennis

• Tennis Enthusiast
    • http://www.maranathatennis2000.com
re
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2005, 07:39:20 AM »
We just jumped over 40 cents in two days. We are $3.09 today with gas shortages being reported last night. there are stations completely out right now. So, it will go even higher here.

On the bright side however, it is only .07 cents a gallon in Venezuala!

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
Gas Prices
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2005, 02:21:23 PM »
I was right!! The prices just went up to $3.00 a gallon.
Be the change that you seek.

huey6

Gas Prices
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2005, 02:42:51 PM »
My sister in Germany just told me that the gas prices jumped up 10% in 48 hours there, today it's 1.50 EUR per litre which equals 7.10 USD per gallon.

Offline BitterBlueBong

• Tennis God
Gas Prices
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2005, 03:12:04 PM »
Quote from: "huey6"
My sister in Germany just told me that the gas prices jumped up 10% in 48 hours there, today it's 1.50 EUR per litre which equals 7.10 USD per gallon.

Offline cgw

• Tennis God
Gas Prices
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2005, 09:19:16 AM »
If I were European (or from just about anywhere else, for that matter), I think I would be snickering at us "poor" Americans whining about our gasoline prices right about now. They have been driving economical vehicles for many, many years now while our just seem to get bigger and bigger. And it's not just a recent thing...I was in England for a few months in '77 and, as best I recall, gas was about $4.50 a gallon then. We do love our cars here stateside, so I guess we should either park them or pay the piper.
She KNEW she had a big fat ass...and her attitude was "Kiss it!"

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Gas Prices
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2005, 09:54:16 AM »
Quote from: "cgw"
If I were European (or from just about anywhere else, for that matter), I think I would be snickering at us "poor" Americans whining about our gasoline prices right about now. They have been driving economical vehicles for many, many years now while our just seem to get bigger and bigger. And it's not just a recent thing...I was in England for a few months in '77 and, as best I recall, gas was about $4.50 a gallon then. We do love our cars here stateside, so I guess we should either park them or pay the piper.

If only I was the "piper"   :angle-not:
Scott Baker

Offline DirtyKash

• Tennis God
  • Child labor laws are ruining this country.
Gas Prices
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2005, 10:45:56 AM »
Quote from: "cgw"

But everything in Europe is higher, not just gasoline prices... and this includes salary. The minimum wage in France has got to be around $10 US no? And in England, it's like $9 US.