Author Topic: Buying a new backpack  (Read 1012 times)

Offline kungpaobenji27

• Tennis Addict
Buying a new backpack
« on: September 13, 2005, 09:37:17 PM »
Hey guys,

My current backpack just broke and I'm in dire need of another one.  I was planning on buying either a jansport or a northface but couldn't decide which one.  To make matters more complicated, my sister tells me that canvas is out now but wouldn't suggest which backpacks to buy.  My big question is:  Are there any cool/durable backpacks out there that aren't made from canvas?  I'd appreciate some input.

Offline Arcforce

• Tennis God
Buying a new backpack
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 10:11:17 PM »
I'm not really sure what canvas is but I can definitely tell you from experience that if you're looking for a backpack that'll last you forever -- go for L.L.Bean. Their bags are convienant because they have 2 good-sized pockets plus an additional outside pocket that I keep my TI.83, agenda (planner thing) and pencils in. And the other two pocktes easily fit my books and clothes for afterschool stuff. The bags are comfortable too, never had any trouble w. my straps being uncomfortable. And atop that, they come with a lifetime gurantee that you're likely to get your money's worth out of since llbean has been around for quite a while and isnt gonna disappear right after you buy yours. So, if you ever bust a zipper or rip a strap like what just happened to you? You just mail it back in and within 2 weeks you get a new one.

Def. the way to go, IMO. you can check it out at www.llbean.com

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?storeId=1&catalogId=1&categoryId=42159&feat=et&from=GM&noDept=1&guideId=6691&moduleId=6693&parentCategory=6693 <<there's a link to the one I have. but they only have gay colors for it so I'd advise you get the one w. extra luminex (reflector stuff) so you can get a better color like black or blue  -- its here -- http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&categoryId=42157&feat=et-xs

Offline kungpaobenji27

• Tennis Addict
Buying a new backpack
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 01:25:20 AM »
Thanks a lot Arc.  LLBean is cool, never thought of it.  Plus everyone has Northface/Jansport nowadays too.  There's a high possibility that I might snag one of these online.  Btw, canvas is the rugged material that kind of feels like sand paper, which most backpacks are made of.  I'm looking for more of a nylon feel in my backpack.  Appreciate the insight  :H