Author Topic: 100% Pre-Shrunk Cotton?  (Read 1107 times)

Offline kungpaobenji27

• Tennis Addict
100% Pre-Shrunk Cotton?
« on: September 14, 2005, 01:34:20 AM »
Hey guys,

Just another question about clothing/accessories.  I plan on buying some Lacoste Shirts but I was wondering if 100% Cotton would shrink more anyways after making some trips to the washer/dryer?  I usually buy size 4 Lacoste shirts because they will usually shrink to a 3 (which I fit best in) after I wash them.  Any answers would be great.

Ben

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
100% Pre-Shrunk Cotton?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 06:45:42 PM »
I think that only polyester and nylon shrink. To be on the safe side, you should wash it in the machine but let it air dry. The dryer is the reason why about 90% of all clothes that shrink do. I'm pretty sure that it wont shrink based on my experiences w/ cotton. However, I'm not an expert.lol

-just in case y'all r wondering, I do my own laundry.lol
Be the change that you seek.

Offline Arcforce

• Tennis God
100% Pre-Shrunk Cotton?
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 08:34:40 PM »
Yeah, if you're afraid of it shrinking just wash in the machine and then sit it out for air dry. I dont do all of my laundry but when it comes to my AmEagle & HcO, you better believe the parents will not lay hand on it bc if htey do it'll come back 2 sizes too small and 2 shades different from what I bought it.

Offline kungpaobenji27

• Tennis Addict
100% Pre-Shrunk Cotton?
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 09:05:15 PM »
Thanks a lot guys.  I'm actually hoping the preshrunk size 4 shirts I'm purchasing will shrink into a 3 and a half anyways.

Ben

Offline BitterBlueBong

• Tennis God
100% Pre-Shrunk Cotton?
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 11:59:22 PM »
LOL Have any of you heard of dry cleaning? There are some shirts that I handwash just because I'm too cheap or lazy to take them to the cleaners (that or I don't have time/need it quickly), but that's an easy way to keep clothes from shrinking.