Poll

Do you think Mary Pierce & Amelie Mauresmo should stay the FED Cup team of France?

Yes!
15 (83.3%)
No!
3 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: September 20, 2005, 01:40:56 AM

Author Topic: Mary Pierce & Amelie Mauresmo should stay?  (Read 9303 times)

Offline PierceCheng

• Tennis Enthusiast
Mary Pierce & Amelie Mauresmo should stay?
« on: September 20, 2005, 01:40:56 AM »
Although I like Mary Pierce, but I feeling sorry for she lost to Elena Dementieva & Dinara Safina with Amelie Mauresmo in doubles match at the critical monent. As a result they can't assist their country to recapture the champion trophy in this year!! :(  ;>)  :crying:    

Thus, I think they should receive the suitable punishment - leave this team to make a self-examination until one year later!! :thumb-down:  

What do you think? :|  ||-|  :;:-|
"I don't die not to live. I don't yield if my wish does not fulfilled. I never die with regret." - Picks from video game "IKARUGA"

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 03:20:21 AM »
Of course they gave it their all but were just beaten my 2 better players on the day,also an inspired Elena Dementieva(which is hard for me to admit with her comments towards Maria) but credit to her she played awesome tennis and showed amazing mental strength when she double faulted badly. Safina also played a really good doubles match. Although Myskina bottled it somewhat the Russians showed their strength of depth.
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Arcforce

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 01:51:14 PM »
To the polls section it goes.

Offline NJtennis11

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2005, 04:01:25 PM »
What are you crazy?!?!?!

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005, 08:41:58 PM »
Of course they should stay. Sure, they're not the most liked players on the tour but they're the best players that france has for the Fed Cup. My choice isn't yes or no, it's hell yeah!!!
Be the change that you seek.

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2005, 11:16:48 PM »
Quote from: "ChrisTaylor1987"
Of course they gave it their all but were just beaten my 2 better players on the day,also an inspired Elena Dementieva(which is hard for me to admit with her comments towards Maria) but credit to her she played awesome tennis and showed amazing mental strength when she double faulted badly. Safina also played a really good doubles match. Although Myskina bottled it somewhat the Russians showed their strength of depth.

Elena said something terrible about Maria? Well I always heard she was pretty outspoken with her opinions so maybe it's not surprising.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2005, 03:07:53 AM »
Yeah she is very outspoken and always states her mind.Dementieva said Maria wasn't a proper Russian and wasn't loyal to her country- She doesn't realise Maria moved to USA to further her career, and Maria will be going back to Russia this year for the Kremlin Cup.

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline PierceCheng

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2005, 12:12:16 AM »
Can anyone give me any reason for why you voted "yes" please? :|  ||-|  :;:-|
"I don't die not to live. I don't yield if my wish does not fulfilled. I never die with regret." - Picks from video game "IKARUGA"

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2005, 05:33:45 AM »
It's pretty much common sense that they should stay. Wow they lost 1 match which was played at a really high level and tempo and they were just beaten by 2 inspired players. Here's what I said at the very start and I certainly stick by it.

"Of course they gave it their all but were just beaten my 2 better players on the day,also an inspired Elena Dementieva(which is hard for me to admit with her comments towards Maria) but credit to her she played awesome tennis and showed amazing mental strength when she double faulted badly. Safina also played a really good doubles match. Although Myskina bottled it somewhat the Russians showed their strength of depth."

Offline DirtyKash

• Tennis God
  • Child labor laws are ruining this country.
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2005, 12:56:15 PM »
Why would they get expelled from the team just for losing?

Offline PierceCheng

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2005, 10:59:51 PM »
Quote from: "wilsonboy"
Of course they should stay. Sure, they're not the most liked players on the tour but they're the best players that france has for the Fed Cup. My choice isn't yes or no, it's hell yeah!!!

Quote from: "ChrisTaylor1987"
It's pretty much common sense that they should stay. Wow they lost 1 match which was played at a really high level and tempo and they were just beaten by 2 inspired players. Here's what I said at the very start and I certainly stick by it.

I don't think they still can stay in the team.  I want to tell you: nobody can make any mistakes in the critical moment. :thumb-down:

Quote from: "DirtyKash"
Why would they get expelled from the team just for losing?

Who tell they lost the final match in the critical moment? :thumb-down:

So, Mary Pierce & Amelie Mauresmo will not plays FED Cup next year until they have make a self-examination one year.  They will replaced by Marion Bartoli & Emilie Loit. :\

Offline NJtennis11

• Tennis God
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2005, 11:09:45 PM »
Piercecheng as much as I try to understand some logic that you are attempting to make, I can't find it.  I don't have a clue in the world how you come to the conclusions that you come to.  They are so weird an plain stupid.  I just don't understand you.  Are going to try to tell me that Emilie Loit and Marion Bartoli would stand a better chance of winning against the top players than Mauresmo and Pierce.  WHAT PLANET ARE YOU ON!??!?!?!

Offline PierceCheng

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2005, 11:52:23 AM »
Quote from: "NJtennis11"
Piercecheng as much as I try to understand some logic that you are attempting to make, I can't find it.  I don't have a clue in the world how you come to the conclusions that you come to.  They are so weird an plain stupid.  I just don't understand you.  Are going to try to tell me that Emilie Loit and Marion Bartoli would stand a better chance of winning against the top players than Mauresmo and Pierce.  WHAT PLANET ARE YOU ON!??!?!?!

My means are Mary Pierce & Amelie Mauresmo should leave the FED Cup of France to make a self-examination one year because they were lost to Elena Dementieva & Dinara Safina in the final match at the critical moment. :\

They will replace by Marion Bartoli & Emilie Loit to play with Nathaie Dechy & Tatiana Golovin in this tournament next year.  It is the one part of Accountability System (this means are: when some people have made the worst thing, they must resign their position in the Hong Kong Government). :\

Do you understand now? :|  ||-|  :;:-|

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2005, 01:55:14 PM »
:;:-|
Be the change that you seek.

Offline Arcforce

• Tennis God
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2005, 02:14:11 PM »
Well, if Momo & Pierce leave -- France stands absolutely no chance.

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2005, 06:24:25 PM »
Doesnt Golovin represent France?   So maybe not now, but in a few years, she could lead France to a Fed Cup title perhaps.   Also Dechy can post alot of wins for France, considering how many of the noteable players dont play Fed Cup, although she cant beat the big U.S or Russia guns.

Offline Arcforce

• Tennis God
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2005, 08:01:49 PM »
Wow -- Golovin, Momo, Pierce AND Dechy? Not a particlarly dominant group but a pretty good crop of fairly decent top players. I never realized France had such firepower at its disposal. If they could all unite over there and really put their best efforts forward, I really think they could stand a chance. America probably has the biggest guns (Williams, Davenport, Moraiuru) but you never see them all on fire at the same time when competing so its kind of useless. Most of France's players are dependable and you coul dprobably count on to hold their own.

They'd definitely be interesting to see.

I really wish all the players would dedicated to Fed Cup for one year. Just think, All of Russia in full force, America's firepower, now we have France -- throw in the up & comers and other oddball players like Schnyder and I think it'd be one hell of a competition.

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2005, 08:25:56 PM »
Yeah I agree, think of the potential competition if all top countries had a full roster, healthy, primed and full ready:

U.S-Serena, Venus, Davenport, Morariu(doubles if needed), Capriati(spare for singles perhaps)
Russia-Sharapova, Kuznetsova, Myskina, Petrova
France-Mauresmo, Pierce, Dechy, Golovin
Australia-if Molik returns to her early 2005 form, Stubbs in doubles, could be a decent team

Offline NJtennis11

• Tennis God
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2005, 08:30:04 PM »
No Piercecheng, you still make absolutely no sense to me.

Offline PierceCheng

• Tennis Enthusiast
My opinion
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2005, 10:19:28 AM »
Quote from: "Arcforce"
Well, if Momo & Pierce leave -- France stands absolutely no chance.

I don't think France stands absolute no change when Momo & Pierce leave. :\

Because this team leader Georges Goven can choose two suitable players in the list of the following player to replace Mary Pierce & Amelie Mauresmo when they will not plays this tournament next year:

• Marion Bartoli
  • Emilie Loit
  • Caroline Dhenin
  • Stephanie Cohen-Aloro
  • Stephanie Foretz
  • Virginie Razzano
  • Camille Pin
  • Severine Beltrame-Bremond

Quote from: "Arcforce"
Wow -- Golovin, Momo, Pierce AND Dechy? Not a particlarly dominant group but a pretty good crop of fairly decent top players. I never realized France had such firepower at its disposal. If they could all unite over there and really put their best efforts forward, I really think they could stand a chance. America probably has the biggest guns (Williams, Davenport, Moraiuru) but you never see them all on fire at the same time when competing so its kind of useless. Most of France's players are dependable and you coul dprobably count on to hold their own.

They'd definitely be interesting to see.

I really wish all the players would dedicated to Fed Cup for one year. Just think, All of Russia in full force, America's firepower, now we have France -- throw in the up & comers and other oddball players like Schnyder and I think it'd be one hell of a competition.

Quote from: "kittens25"
Yeah I agree, think of the potential competition if all top countries had a full roster, healthy, primed and full ready:

U.S-Serena, Venus, Davenport, Morariu(doubles if needed), Capriati(spare for singles perhaps)
Russia-Sharapova, Kuznetsova, Myskina, Petrova
France-Mauresmo, Pierce, Dechy, Golovin
Australia-if Molik returns to her early 2005 form, Stubbs in doubles, could be a decent team

I think the FED Cup team of France in this tournament next year is:

Main list: Nathalie Dechy, Tatiana Golovin, Marion Bartoli, Emilie Loit.

Substituties: Virginie Razzano, Severine Beltrame-Bremond, Stephanie Cohen-Aloro, Stephanie Foretz, Camille Pin, Caroline Dhenin.

Not in list: Mary Pierce & Amelie Mauresmo.

What do you think? :|  ||-|  :;:-|