Author Topic: Hurricane Rita  (Read 1017 times)

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Hurricane Rita
« on: September 23, 2005, 06:35:43 PM »
I hope none of our members are being routed out fo their home towns due to Hurricane Rita.  I cannot believe that two in a row are going to devastate the US liek this.  It is simply amazing (and scary) to see.  Our prayers are with all of you.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline kungpaobenji27

• Tennis Addict
Hurricane Rita
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 10:56:37 PM »
Same thing u said Scott.  I'm glad my cousin got back.  She drove 24 hours from Houston to Dallas, yowsers (normally a 4 and a half hour drive).

Offline DirtyKash

• Tennis God
  • Child labor laws are ruining this country.
Hurricane Rita
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2005, 11:00:20 PM »
Quote from: "kungpaobenji27"
Same thing u said Scott.  I'm glad my cousin got back.  She drove 24 hours from Houston to Dallas, yowsers (normally a 4 and a half hour drive).

That sounds like a huge waste of gasoline. Did she have a full tank?

I heard that people were pushing their cars to the flow of the traffic rather than waste gas in the traffic jams.

Offline Arcforce

• Tennis God
Hurricane Rita
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2005, 08:35:56 PM »
I'm glad ya girl Rita wasnt as bad as Katrina. I heard somewhere that all it would've took was 3 inches of huricane rain to destroy all the relief efforts that had taken place in New Orleans since Katrina's hit. Plus, people were predicting gas prices would soar to $5.00+ if this hurricane were as devastating as Katrina. Hallelujah for Rita being a dud.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Hurricane Rita
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2005, 09:17:03 PM »
Yeah, if Rita hit where all those oil refineries were we would be feelign a major gas increase.  I filled up with gas Friday night in anticipation of the worst.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com