Poll

Are you sick of all these Federer threads?

yes
11 (50%)
no
11 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: October 04, 2005, 09:34:11 PM

Author Topic: Are you sick of all this Federer talk?  (Read 19144 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline BitterBlueBong

  • Tennis God
  • ******
  • Posts: 1913
Are you sick of all this Federer talk?
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2005, 06:47:18 PM »
Quote from: "wilsonboy"
Wouldn't you consider Clijsters to be dominating now. I mean she has the most titles this year (I think). And she doesn't seem to be slowing down very much.


In order to be dominating women's tennis, you need to hold more than one slam title IMO. If she wins another slam before the USO rolls around again, then maybe. Those other titles really mean nothing because even two or three years ago Clijsters was playing twice as many tournaments as some of the other women (and she's doing it again now).

Offline kittens25

  • Tennis God
  • ******
  • Posts: 11200
  • Gender: Male
Are you sick of all this Federer talk?
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2005, 06:50:04 PM »
Quote from: "wilsonboy"
Wouldn't you consider Clijsters to be dominating now. I mean she has the most titles this year (I think). And she doesn't seem to be slowing down very much.


Dominating on hard courts yes, overall no.    Still I would prefer her at #1 right now to slamless Davenport or Sharapova, not because I prefer her, but all things being close, a slam winner should be #1 IMO.

Offline wilsonboy

  • Tennis God
  • ******
  • Posts: 8484
  • Gender: Male
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
Are you sick of all this Federer talk?
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2005, 07:24:33 PM »
Quote from: "kittens25"
Dominating on hard courts yes, overall no.    Still I would prefer her at #1 right now to slamless Davenport or Sharapova, not because I prefer her, but all things being close, a slam winner should be #1 IMO.


I agree with you on that one. I think that Clijsters deserves to be #1 b/c she has paid her dues more. Sharapova doesn't really seem to be able to get past the semifinals of a tournament and Davenport is complaining a lot lately.

Mais, je crois que Serena est la vrai numero un jeuer dans le monde!! :H  frois!
Be the change that you seek.

Offline BitterBlueBong

  • Tennis God
  • ******
  • Posts: 1913
Are you sick of all this Federer talk?
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2005, 07:40:57 PM »
LOL that French was cute even if a little awkward.

Offline wilsonboy

  • Tennis God
  • ******
  • Posts: 8484
  • Gender: Male
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
Are you sick of all this Federer talk?
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2005, 07:42:27 PM »
Quote from: "BitterBlueBong"
LOL that French was cute even if a little awkward.


hey, I tried...lol
Be the change that you seek.

tcw

  • Guest
Are you sick of all this Federer talk?
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2005, 02:43:48 PM »
No. Federer is THAT great.