Author Topic: whats the best skill you have done in a match  (Read 3323 times)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
whats the best skill you have done in a match
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2005, 02:23:11 PM »
I've got a Wilson racket that is identical to Roger Federer's
A Prince Shark racket identical to Maria's
A Head Racket
A Slazenger racket
and I did have a Donnay racket until I smashed it to pieces.

I like my Prince and Wilson the best.
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2005, 02:23:41 PM »
lol

wilson and Arc, wrong thread.  :))  ;-()
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2005, 02:23:59 PM »
Quote from: "Arcforce"
I'm confused. I dont remember her using a black or red one? Was it underneath the paintjob?

No, I said "not the red one" b/c there are two different kind of N6 racuets and some people tend to mix them up. The black one she had (N6) has almost the same design as the N4.
Be the change that you seek.

Offline Arcforce

• Tennis God
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2005, 02:24:42 PM »
CT, you should post in Tennisupdates about your game. Now that WB brought it up, I really am curious to what level you play and what kind of tennis you're playing. As much as you're around you hardly ever talk about actually playing the game.

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2005, 02:29:08 PM »
Actually I made a mistake. Scrap what I said about Venus using the N6.

Offline Pacer

• Tennis God
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2005, 02:40:41 PM »
I was playing a lefty who had a mean slice out wide in the add court. I was stretch way out on the backhand side( I'm 2 handed on the backhand side) so for some odd reason I dropped the bottom hand off the grip which left only the top hand and somehow I hit a blazing shot around the net post for a winner. Which I have never duplicated sense. Also one time I went 3 straight games on serve with nothing but aces, that was pretty cool too.
Ralphie: I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle! <br /><br />Mrs. Parker: No, you\'ll shoot your eye out.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2005, 03:10:18 PM »
CT, you should post in Tennisupdates about your game. Now that WB brought it up, I really am curious to what level you play and what kind of tennis you're playing. As much as you're around you hardly ever talk about actually playing the game.

I've never been in Tennis updates once Arc. It's because I don't want to in anyway brag about my game or my best aspects and I also don't want to put myself down in anyway- as that's not the way to progress forward and improve.
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
  • Formerly known as "#1federerfan"
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2005, 03:37:47 PM »
Quote from: "DirtyKash"
Between the legs serve for an ace.

Are you serious?

Offline Arcforce

• Tennis God
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2005, 07:56:28 PM »
This was a hard task. I can't really remember specific shots that I've hit in matches at all. In my last tournament -- it was match point serving at 5-1. I went up and swung as hard as i could and knocked off an ace for the match. It felt gr8.

Also, I remember one time I was playing a match against a guy named Will Reynolds. He's absolutely amazing ranked something like #5 in the Boys 16's and he's only 13 years old. Needless to say, I lost double bagel but my one moment during the whole match. Reynolds goes up for a big serve and smacks it as hard as I've ever seen. I closd my eyes and swung a backhand as hard as I possibly could.

Opened my eyes soon enough to see it skid the line, flying past Will. He turned and looked at it and then turned back to look at me as if to say "where did that come from" -- I mean-mugged him and walked to the other side to return again as if to say "yeah boy, that's how I usually play. this is just a bad day". Ah, it was the gr8est moment ever.

Offline MC ill Logic

• Tennis God
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2005, 08:52:45 PM »
I played an entire game while eating a burrito.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2005, 10:03:03 PM »
Quote from: "ChrisTaylor1987"

I've never been in Tennis updates once Arc. It's because I don't want to in anyway brag about my game or my best aspects and I also don't want to put myself down in anyway- as that's not the way to progress forward and improve.

That is not what that thread is all about.  We are just discussing what we have been doing in our tennis lives on the court.  I think it is one of the most interesting threads here.  It helps us get to know more about your tennis game and what you have been doing lately.  Tennis message boards are usually chatting about players, I think this is a nice way to get to know about your personal game too, if people care to share, not all do which is cool.  I have enjoyed reading about peoples game, their struggles, their accomplishments, their matches, everything.  I have never read a post in there and felt someone was bragging.  :)
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline MC ill Logic

• Tennis God
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2005, 05:37:30 AM »
Yeah, seriously, it's simply talking about whatever you want to talk about.  I can think of a lot of ways to talk about how your game was without sounding like you're bragging or putting yourself down.  The thing about tennis is that I'll never be perfect at it.  I enjoy putting myself down.  I enjoy thinking of ways to improve next time I go out there.  I love tennis more than just about anything so why not post about it.  I post about so many other things I don't care about nearly as much.

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
  • Formerly known as "#1federerfan"
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2005, 03:34:13 PM »
An over head backhand, it was mostly luck.  I just decided to whack it as hard as I could and it went right in the corner.

Offline BitterBlueBong

• Tennis God
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2005, 03:43:46 PM »
I've hit at least one shot like Pacer described, where I was stretched out wide on the backhand side, switched to a one-hander and somehow got the shot down the line. But really there haven't been many extraordinary/out-of-this-world shots -- some swinging volleys from the backcourt, some nice serves, but nothing spectacular.

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2005, 06:56:11 PM »
I played a few days ago and I hit a really good passing shot. I never really had a problem with passing shots (even when I first started playing) but this one in particular was special. It was a backhand one that had a lot of speed and it was right on the line. I was really proud of myself...