Author Topic: Site costs?  (Read 1567 times)

Offline 67tony

• Tennis Player
Site costs?
« on: January 11, 2005, 07:54:10 PM »
How much does it cost to operate this forum? I love that there is no advertising, but who foots the bill? What are the associated expenses?

Also, it seems like a great group of people so far. Keep up the good work!

Online Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Site costs?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 08:29:54 PM »
Thx 67, I love these guys here.  They are all very knowledgable and we get some great tennis discussions in here.

This forum is free which is why I moved to it.  You have to host it though.  I like it better than EZBoard which is what we just moved here from.  

So you need to worry about database size for backing up and potentially uploading if you ever have a problem.  Updating of the forum if they come out with new updates and of coarse bandwidth.  The Tennis4you forums take well over 10,000 page views per day, so you need a host that allows you to chew up some bandwidth.  Although so far it has not been that bad.  maybe 100 megs per day.

I like the option of hosting it though, my host for the website is $5.00 per month and then I of coarse pay for the name Tennis4you and Tennis4u which is pretty minimal as well these days.  I just put the forum on my website space, so it costs me nothing extra.

Did that help?
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com