if they come back in time:Seles or Capriati
0 (0%)
Mary Pierce
2 (11.8%)
if u think any1 else say
3 (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: December 23, 2005, 09:08:28 PM

Author Topic: The Aussie Pt. 1  (Read 9739 times)

Offline SerenaSlam06

• Tennis God
The Aussie Pt. 1
« on: December 23, 2005, 09:08:28 PM »
is in less than a month! whos gonna take the trophy Down Under?
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.

Offline Wimbledon_05_Venus

• Tennis God
The Aussie Pt. 1
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2005, 02:06:44 AM »
..-) Venus! D-aw! Which idiot voted for Clijsters?! :|

Offline Arcforce

• Tennis God
The Aussie Pt. 1
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2005, 02:13:39 AM »
scott proly. not that he's an idiot!! he just likes clijsters right now lol

Offline Wimbledon_05_Venus

• Tennis God
The Aussie Pt. 1
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2005, 02:25:10 AM »
Oh. LoL! sorry Scott... Your not an idiot.. You just accidentally hit the wrong  voting option! It's not your fault though...  SS06 should have never had Serena so close to Clijsters!

Sorry SS06, but I think we all know that Venus will be lifting the trophy on Saturday night :) (US)

Offline Arcforce

• Tennis God
The Aussie Pt. 1
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2005, 02:53:04 AM »
Don't speak so soon. It brings about a hex..never fails.

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
The Aussie Pt. 1
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2005, 12:51:07 PM »
I voted Clijsters but I really dont feel there is a safe pick.    If Venus is in as good of shape as she was for both Wimbledon and the U.S Open, I think she has a good chance, but I have not been aware of much she has been doing since the U.S Open.    Davenport I am starting to believe will never win another slam.    Pierce could perhaps win it, but will probably need a softer draw.     Mauresmo I still dont see ever winning a slam, even though I applaud her for her big year-end win last year.     Henin has shown nothing recently to suggest winning another hard court slam.    Serena no way until I see her in atleast last years Australian Open shape again.    Hingis no way.    Seles or Capriati, if either play, no way.    Sharapova?   A chance perhaps, not the favorite though.    Dementieva?   Could pull an upset or two and make it deep, highly doubt her winning it all though.

Offline SerenaSlam06

• Tennis God
The Aussie Pt. 1
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2005, 12:57:19 PM »
whoops forgot ot put sharapova on there, wel thats wat the other is for
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.

Anonymous

The Aussie Pt. 1
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2005, 01:04:59 PM »
Quote from: "SerenaSlam06"
whoops forgot ot put sharapova on there, wel thats wat the other is for

Umm... ..-)  I think it's perfect the way it is. WHo in their right mind woul select Sharapova?!

Anonymous

The Aussie Pt. 1
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2005, 01:07:11 PM »
Quote from: "kittens25"
I voted Clijsters but I really dont feel there is a safe pick.    If Venus is in as good of shape as she was for both Wimbledon and the U.S Open, I think she has a good chance, but I have not been aware of much she has been doing since the U.S Open.    Davenport I am starting to believe will never win another slam.    Pierce could perhaps win it, but will probably need a softer draw.     Mauresmo I still dont see ever winning a slam, even though I applaud her for her big year-end win last year.     Henin has shown nothing recently to suggest winning another hard court slam.   Serena no way until I see her in atleast last years Australian Open shape again.    Hingis no way.    Seles or Capriati, if either play, no way.    Sharapova?   A chance perhaps, not the favorite though.    Dementieva?   Could pull an upset or two and make it deep, highly doubt her winning it all though.

It's apparent that you psychologically distraught :thumb-down:  :thumb-down:  :Boxing:

Offline SerenaSlam06

• Tennis God
The Aussie Pt. 1
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2005, 01:31:10 PM »
while i agree taht kim would be considered the favorite and a safe bet by alot of ppl, i just really dont think she is a safe bet to win. if this was right after the US open i would say her in a heartbeat, but after that performance at the YEC's, i just dont really know who to pick anymore.. my long shot pick however is ana ivanovic

Offline NJtennis11

• Tennis God
The Aussie Pt. 1
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2005, 02:38:28 PM »
I voted for Mary.  There is no real clear cut favorite to me.  Who knows about Serena and JHH, they have just as a good a shot of going out in the 1st round as winning it.  Mauresmo played well in LA, but she'll choke it away somewhere.  Martina, yeah right maybe 6 years ago.  Lindsay, she's probably be one of the favorites for me, shes got a shot.  If Venus decides to show up and play, she also has a good shot.  Kim as well, but I just don't see her winning.  Sharapova is consistant, she'll make it deep and she actually works on her game unlike some of the others, I like her chances as well.  My contenders as of now would be Lindsay, Mary, Kim, Maria and Venus.

Offline BitterBlueBong

• Tennis God
The Aussie Pt. 1
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2005, 02:52:49 PM »
I hope this doesn't sound too much like I'm bashing Kim, but the ONLY time people have been rewarded by picking her as a favorite to win a slam was at this year's USO. After she beat Serena at the YEC in 2002, she was proclaimed the greatest thing since sliced bread and a clear favorite to win the Australian (based on ONE win, mind you), then choked. She has been a favorite to win the French, USO and Australian but only once has she come through. If she does indeed win a second slam in the next year, I will have more confidence in her from now on when she's a "favorite."

Anonymous

The Aussie Pt. 1
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2005, 02:54:17 PM »
Quote from: "NJtennis11"
I voted for Mary.  There is no real clear cut favorite to me.  Who knows about Serena and JHH, they have just as a good a shot of going out in the 1st round as winning it.  Mauresmo played well in LA, but she'll choke it away somewhere.  Martina, yeah right maybe 6 years ago.  Lindsay, she's probably be one of the favorites for me, shes got a shot.  If Venus decides to show up and play, she also has a good shot.  Kim as well, but I just don't see her winning.  Sharapova is consistant, she'll make it deep and she actually works on her game unlike some of the others, I like her chances as well.  My contenders as of now would be Lindsay, Mary, Kim, Maria and Venus.

You forgot Serena... ;-()

Offline SerenaSlam06

• Tennis God
The Aussie Pt. 1
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2005, 04:11:33 PM »
Quote from: "Anonymous"

You forgot Serena... ;-()

no he didnt:

I voted for Mary.  There is no real clear cut favorite to me.  Who knows about Serena and JHH, they have just as a good a shot of going out in the 1st round as winning it.

Offline BitterBlueBong

• Tennis God
The Aussie Pt. 1
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2005, 04:46:09 PM »
It always amuses me when people put JHH on the same level as Serena (oddsmakers included).

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
The Aussie Pt. 1
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2005, 04:52:24 PM »
Quote from: "BitterBlueBong"
I hope this doesn't sound too much like I'm bashing Kim, but the ONLY time people have been rewarded by picking her as a favorite to win a slam was at this year's USO. After she beat Serena at the YEC in 2002, she was proclaimed the greatest thing since sliced bread and a clear favorite to win the Australian (based on ONE win, mind you), then choked. She has been a favorite to win the French, USO and Australian but only once has she come through. If she does indeed win a second slam in the next year, I will have more confidence in her from now on when she's a "favorite."

I agree, I dont feel too comfortable siding with her.   I am only slightly picking her for the AO since alot of the women I do believe could also win it(Venus, Serena perhaps, Sharapova) layed so low late last year I am not sure what to think regarding them, because I am not sure Davenport can ever win a slam semi and final back to back ever again, and because I am not comfortable picking any of Mauresmo, Pierce, Hingis or Henin right now.     It was more a choice by default, but she is not a solid pick in my mind at all.

Offline SerenaSlam06

• Tennis God
The Aussie Pt. 1
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2005, 05:45:12 PM »
i am looking past these gals and im going to pick a longshot, ill go on a limb nd say ivanovic
and this is wishful thinking since shes still so young, misa krajicek will do well at the aussie, she lost in the 3rd round in 3 sets to schnyder last yr i believe

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
The Aussie Pt. 1
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2005, 09:12:15 PM »
I like Ivanovic more than Vlaidisova, but still if I am being objective I would pick Vlaidisova as a stronger dark horse personaly.

Offline SerenaSlam06

• Tennis God
The Aussie Pt. 1
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2005, 09:38:05 PM »
i pick ivanovic more bc vaidisova hasnt really beat the top players so far as i can remember. i believe at the australian ana almost beat mauresmo, and at the french she did making the QFs?i know its easy to say vaidisova has more titles, but hers are all tier 3 or lower, and really the only decent person she beat ot win was petrova and really shes not taht awesome. personaly i tend to lean to ana more bc shes done better at the bigger stages in my opinion

Offline SerenaSlam06

• Tennis God
The Aussie Pt. 1
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2005, 09:56:35 PM »
also when i was watching nicole play henin in toronto, i noticed she has abominable footwork, she looked soo awkard and out of place, she was more uncoordinated and clumsy looking that sharapova running she needs to work on it alottt.. i havent seen anna lena groenfeld play at all, wats she like?