Author Topic: KOBE BRYANT!  (Read 12770 times)

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
Re: KOBE BRYANT!
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2006, 05:47:25 PM »
Quote from: "BitterBlueBong"
I don't know how many of you are basketball fans but the best player in the NBA has done it again. I just have one word for Kobe: AMAZING. I haven't always been a fan of the Lakers but I am unquestionably a fan of Kobe and his undeniable, almost unbelievable talent. He just scored the second-highest amount of points in one game in NBA history -- 81. Yikes.

Just curious, do you believe most NBA experts consider Kobe the best player, even today after that performance a week or so ago?    I am not saying whether he is or isnt, just asking whether you think many NBA experts believe he is.

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
KOBE BRYANT!
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2006, 05:54:17 PM »
Pippen is a whiny jealous past great it looks like.   He should shut his tr%p since he contradicts himself so many times in his statement that he looks like a bozo!

Offline BitterBlueBong

• Tennis God
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2006, 06:34:10 PM »
Quote from: "kittens25"
I don't know how many of you are basketball fans but the best player in the NBA has done it again. I just have one word for Kobe: AMAZING. I haven't always been a fan of the Lakers but I am unquestionably a fan of Kobe and his undeniable, almost unbelievable talent. He just scored the second-highest amount of points in one game in NBA history -- 81. Yikes.

Just curious, do you believe most NBA experts consider Kobe the best player, even today after that performance a week or so ago?    I am not saying whether he is or isnt, just asking whether you think many NBA experts believe he is.

I think many of them do and some of them have come around to thinking that. I've heard some of them say "I used to think Kobe Bryant was the best perimeter player in the league, now I think he's the best player period." But some people refuse to give him that title simply because he's not on a great team (and those people tend to go with someone like Wade or Nash or Billups).

But honestly, who is better? And it's not just about the amount of points scored. He is no doubt the best performer in clutch moments and when he's on fire, he is just a marvel to watch.

Offline DirtyKash

• Tennis God
  • Child labor laws are ruining this country.
KOBE BRYANT!
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2006, 06:38:31 PM »
Wade, Nash and Billups don't belong in any "best player period" discussion.

Kobe Bryant is definitely the best scorer, but best all-around player he is not.

(He's also one of the most hated athletes of all-time ... like Bonds.)

Offline BitterBlueBong

• Tennis God
KOBE BRYANT!
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2006, 06:43:35 PM »
Quote from: "DirtyKash"
Kobe Bryant is definitely the best scorer, but best all-around player he is not.

Then who is?

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2006, 06:50:37 PM »
I think many of them do and some of them have come around to thinking that. I've heard some of them say "I used to think Kobe Bryant was the best perimeter player in the league, now I think he's the best player period." But some people refuse to give him that title simply because he's not on a great team (and those people tend to go with someone like Wade or Nash or Billups).

But honestly, who is better? And it's not just about the amount of points scored. He is no doubt the best performer in clutch moments and when he's on fire, he is just a marvel to watch.

My impression was some people were starting to regard him, or atleast consider considering him as being the best player in the game today.   Last year I thought he was awesome, not neccessarily the best player in the game last year, but atleast one of those worth considering with no dominant player, but he seemed to get almost no expert consideration as "the best", "one of the best" maybe but only Nash, Shaq, Tim Duncan, Iverson were considered last year IMO.  

Thanks for your views.   I agree right now he is the best performer in clutch in the game and his recognition is hurt by a weaker team.    Some people hold a grudge on him with the rape scandal as well IMO.

Offline BitterBlueBong

• Tennis God
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2006, 06:53:09 PM »
Thanks for your views.   I agree right now he is the best performer in clutch in the game and his recognition is hurt by a weaker team.    Some people hold a grudge on him with the rape scandal as well IMO.

Agreed, agreed and agreed. He will never be well liked but I do think is talent is undeniable.

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2006, 07:01:25 PM »
Agreed, agreed and agreed. He will never be well liked but I do think is talent is undeniable.

Agree right back.    :H    Also did you notice how many people were directly comparing him to Shaq last year, and how it proved how superior Shaq was that Miami was so superior to Los Angeles, now that they split and were on different teams.
I think that slant on comparing the two, used by so many people speaks volumes to the bias held against Kobe in many circles.    Shaq was playing with Dwayne Wade in Miami, one of the best young players in the game, and that is just a start of the extensive depth of the team relative to Los Angeles right now.    Kobe was playing with nobody close to that caliber, in fact the 2nd best player on the team would not even be a starter in Miami, Phoenix, San Antonio, Dallas, or Detroit in all likelihood.

Offline DirtyKash

• Tennis God
KOBE BRYANT!
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2006, 07:21:13 PM »

Then who is?

Tim Duncan or Kevin Garnett. Big men have much more impact on the game. Those two make the players around them much better than they really are. Kevin Garnett turned Wally Szczerbiak into an all-star and Wally got a million wide-open jumpers every game from all the double teams that KG draws. Watch how much Wally sucks in Boston. KG and TD score, rebound, run the floor, they play tough defense, they get their opponents in foul trouble. Duncan carried a bunch of scrubs to 3 rings. Duncan on the Lakers (without Kobe of course, replaced with a below-average shooting guard), and the Lakers are a 50-52 win team.

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
KOBE BRYANT!
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2006, 07:25:12 PM »
Duncan does not play with a bunch of scrubs in San Antonio!!!    They have a very deep team with 3 potential all stars in Duncan, Ginobli, and Parker(Ginobli was at the all-star game last year, Parker probably will be this year)and a great collection of veterans, several who have been on NBA-Championship teams.

Offline DirtyKash

• Tennis God
KOBE BRYANT!
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2006, 07:27:46 PM »
Duncan does not play with a bunch of scrubs in San Antonio!!!    They have a very deep team with 3 potential all stars in Duncan, Ginobli, and Parker(Ginobli was at the all-star game last year, Parker probably will be this year)and a great collection of veterans, several who have been on NBA-Championship teams.

Of course not this year, the Spurs added some players this year ... But BEFORE, when they won their championships, he DID carry a bunch of scrubs back when the Spurs won their titles. He was playing with losers like Nesterovic, Malik Rose, Mario Elie, Sean Elliott, a very old David Robinson, etc.

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
KOBE BRYANT!
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2006, 07:29:53 PM »
Of course not this year, the Spurs added some players this year ... But BEFORE, when they won their championships, he DID carry a bunch of scrubs back when the Spurs won their titles. He was playing losers like Nesterovic, Malik Rose, Mario Elie, Sean Elliott, etc.

Then why did you not say 2 rings, instead of 3 rings, since you were not referring to the last ring he won right?     :)~

Offline DirtyKash

• Tennis God
KOBE BRYANT!
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2006, 07:32:05 PM »
He still carried the team. Can't discredit him for achieving the ultimate goal.

Offline DirtyKash

• Tennis God
KOBE BRYANT!
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2006, 07:32:28 PM »
Kobe Bryant = NBA's Peyton Manning
Tim Duncan = Tom Brady

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
KOBE BRYANT!
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2006, 07:40:10 PM »
He still carried the team. Can't discredit him for achieving the ultimate goal.

You stated initially he carried a team of scrubs to 3 rings though, and you just acknowledged the last of those 3 rings was not won with a bunch of scrubs.   Thus you should have said he carried a team of scrubs to 2 rings, and won another ring.
That would have been more accurate.

Offline DirtyKash

• Tennis God
KOBE BRYANT!
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2006, 08:40:18 PM »
Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me!

Offline BitterBlueBong

• Tennis God
KOBE BRYANT!
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2006, 12:05:01 AM »

Then who is?

Tim Duncan or Kevin Garnett.

LMAO.

Offline DirtyKash

• Tennis God
KOBE BRYANT!
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2006, 12:59:07 AM »
Laker fans ... they're all blinded by their bias.

Just like Yankee fans ... "DEREK JETER #1 PLAYER IN BASEBALL!!!"

Offline BitterBlueBong

• Tennis God
KOBE BRYANT!
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2006, 05:40:07 AM »
I just can't believe what you said. It almost makes the rest of what you said sound reasonable. In fact, I wonder why I don't hear NBA commentators screaming the names of Garnett or Duncan. LMAO.

Offline DirtyKash

• Tennis God
KOBE BRYANT!
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2006, 08:25:28 AM »
They do all the time. Garnett, Duncan, Lebron, they're all mentioned as being the best. Maybe because you only watch Laker games. Laker fan. ..-)