Author Topic: What is the best string tension for ?  (Read 1146 times)

alex

What is the best string tension for ?
« on: February 13, 2006, 12:59:43 PM »
Hello everyone out there!!!

Im Alex Casipit 5'8" height, 27yrs old, medium built from Singapore. I buy a Flexipoint radical MP raquet. I used a string tension of 60lbs. The time I used it it gives me alot problem on controlling the raquet and exerting alot power but not enough strong. I used HEAD FXP String.

Anybody can suggest me what's the preffered tension string using Flexipoint radical MP?

Thanks!!

>alex

Offline Arcforce

• Tennis God
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 01:52:33 PM »
There isn't a necessarily "preferred" tension. I'm not 100% sure about the flexpoint but go with the recommended string tension for your first time. If its not enough control for you, try raising your tension 2 pounds or so at at time and judge how much control you're getting from it. Continue raising the tension until you either hit the maximum tension recommended (it'll be on your racquet throat) or find a comfortable medium.

Also, if you're using a very stiff string like Big Banger or Babolot Hurricane, you might be experiencing a LACK of power and that may contribute to your problems..

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 03:05:44 PM »
Quote from: "Arcforce"
There isn't a necessarily "preferred" tension. I'm not 100% sure about the flexpoint but go with the recommended string tension for your first time. If its not enough control for you, try raising your tension 2 pounds or so at at time and judge how much control you're getting from it. Continue raising the tension until you either hit the maximum tension recommended (it'll be on your racquet throat) or find a comfortable medium.

Also, if you're using a very stiff string like Big Banger or Babolot Hurricane, you might be experiencing a LACK of power and that may contribute to your problems..

I agree with the above.  Especially since you did notlist your string type.  I would go right down the the middle with the string tension and see how that feels.  You can adjust it from there.  The tighter the string the less power and more control you will get.

Welcome to the forums!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com